Page 77 of 196 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 77

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Perhaps you could get part of a railroad tie or something to use as a log or part of an old utility pole. I'd be surprised if they were not available at a lumber/hardware store.
    That's a good idea. Now to convince the wife it won't be an eyesore in the backyard.

I was able to get in a good bit of activity yesterday. Shortly after working out I took the dog for about an hour walk. Then after picking up my oldest from school she asked to go for a bike ride. Well, I don't have a bike so I walk/run/jog along side. It felt good to be moving like that. **Note to self: start doing more running and sprinting again. Most(all) of my endurance and sprint work has been kettlebell based for a while now. I've been neglecting the other side. Mayne today, if the schedule permits it, I'll try to do a 2 or 3 mile run, say at like a 9:30 or 10 min mile pace.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    I'll try to do a 2 or 3 mile run, say at like a 9:30 or 10 min mile pace.
    Good luck. I need to get running again. While I never enjoyed it, there was a nice sense of accomplishment when done.

Today's workout:

Turkish Get-ups with kettlebell, 3 sets of 5 each side
    Turkish Get-ups with Bulgarian bag, 4 sets of 10 each side
    Push-ups, 30-20-15-10
    Pull-ups, 10-8-6-5
    Sandbag Thrusters, 4 sets of 10
    Lunges with Bulgarian bag, 4 laps up and back in the yard(short rest if needed, but not putting the bag down)

Well, the run never happened. Just some nice walks with the dog and kids. But hey, it still takes care of the move at a slow pace part. Maybe next week. Decided to make the Turkish get-ups the first part of the workout so I could use the kettlebells. It really makes a difference when having to stabilize 20 kgs over head. When I did the get-ups with the bag, it became sort of a combination strength and conditioning exercise. I tried to be as explosive as i could on the way up, and controlled but fast on the way down. No rest at the top or the bottom, as soon as i was down it was right back up again.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Weird. The post I thought I'd made the other day didn't actually post. I was going to suggest going with a kettlebell, as that's the only thing I've seen people use for Turkish get-ups, except for dumbbells (meh) and trees (awesome but not always an option).
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Well, I've been sick for a week but now I'm back. Still a little bit of a cough lingering, but felt ok enough to workout today. I've been feeling restless not doing anything.

Today's Workout:

100 KB snatches - Time: 5:33
    200 KB swings - Time: 9:43
    Push-ups, 20-20-15-10-10-10
    Pull-ups, 10-8-6-5-4
    Suitcase Squats, 3 sets of 10
    Bulgarian bag squats, 3 sets of 20

I felt ok today. the times on the snatches and swings was a little slower i think, but hey, I have been sick. had a few coughing spells in between the first few exercises, but I was good toward the end. Decided to try something different with the push-ups. I am doing a little less on the front end and adding more sets on the back end. We'll see if that gives any gains.

Just had dinner. Top sirloin fillets, seared on the outside and real bloody in the middle, then smothered in sauteed onions, and a giant salad on the side. Belly is nice and full. I've been off her for a little while, so I will have to try and get caught up on all the other journals. At least I'll try. Some of the folks on here fill up about 3 pages a day, so that's a lot of reading.

Now if you'll excuse me. I have to go tell a 6 year old to stop watching TV and start writing her spelling words.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Now if you'll excuse me. I have to go tell a 6 year old to stop watching TV and start writing her spelling words.
    Party pooper!

Welcome back. Glad you are feeling better.

So last night was a bit of a cheat night. I was having a real craving for ice cream (I going to blame Canio, I think he was the one talking about it). i got some of that Five ice cream. Not bad, right? More sugar than would be considered primal, but the rest ain't that bad. Just milk, cream, sugar, eggs, and cocoa. Now the 3 sugar cookies with rainbow spinkles.....yeah, i got nothiing. Can't really justify those other than they tasted really good and I wanted them. I paid for it later. Wheat now equals gas, bloating, and getting real thirsty for me.

Felling some DOMS in the legs from the other days workout. That's what a week off will do. I think today I will try to stick with light weight or just body weight and do some more endurance met/con type stuff. Need to do some mobility stuff throughout the day and loosen up, or i wont be doing shit.

Just saw this picture. I think it sums things up fairly well.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    That's a great picture! I'm sending that to my mom.

As for cheats, justify shustify. Where most people aim for 80 or 85% Primal, you seem to be around 95%. Go nuts and enjoy!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been 95% primal for the past month with the exception of today's Chipotle outing. I love the stuff and want it when I don't feel good. Just hoping it doesn't kill me on weigh in tomorrow.
    Georgette