Primal Fuel
    Today's workout:

100 KB snatches
    100 KB swings
    100 KB clean and press
    Pull-ups, 10-8-6
    Push-ups, 25-20-15
    Dumbbell rows, 3 sets of 10
    Squats with heavy Bulgarian bag on one shoulder and KB in opposite hand, 6 sets of 10

Wish I had used a stopwatch, I was even impressing myself with the pace I was keeping in the 100 rep KB stuff. Then intensity was high to say the least.

While I was working out the kids were playing in the back yard(with the mud pie kitchen that Santa brought). In between sets my oldest would ask question like why don't I like to wear shoes, and that would lead to talking about evolution and where people come from. I was very impressed that her 6a year old mind was grasping it better than many adults I know. But my favorite question was "Daddy, how do you make your arms so big?". That's my girl. Knows how to make daddy happy.
    Last edited by skink531; 01-10-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    "Daddy, how do you make your arms so big?".
    To which you replied, "With pure, unadulterated awesome, little one, pure awesome," all while kissing your bicep and striking a superdad pose?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Haha...that's a much better answer than what I usually give when asked how I do something, "MAGIC!!!"

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Dave, I swear to god I will punch you in the nuts. Post pictures! 100 kb swings, snatches, clean & presses?! Holy fuck. I do 75 kb swings every Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday, and divide them into two sets of 40/35 or three sets of 35/25/20. 100?!

Pictures or I'm gonna stop reading this fraudulent account of workout'ocity!

I'm half kidding.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Please noooooooo!!! I like my nuts as they are now...UN-punched. I've actually told my wife to get some pics of me working out, but our camera has taken a shit. Fucking Kodak! I don't trust her with my phone to do it. Technology and her just don't mix.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Please noooooooo!!! I like my nuts as they are now...UN-punched. I've actually told my wife to get some pics of me working out, but our camera has taken a shit. Fucking Kodak! I don't trust her with my phone to do it. Technology and her just don't mix.
    Maybe your 6 year old could do it?
    Georgette

Yesterday's workout:

Quadruple Tabata snatches
    push-ups, 25-20-15-12
    Pull-ups, 10-7-6-5
    Sandbag thrusters, 3 sets of 10
    Suitcase squats with kettlebells, 4 sets of 10

Another later in the day work. Don't like them as well, but sometimes that is the downside of working nights I guess. It was a little cold out at first for shorts and a T-shirt, but the tabatas took care of that pretty quick. No school today so we are taking the kids to Monkey Joe's(giant indoor bounce houses and slides). I will need to "help" my youngest in there so I will have to go in too .

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    No school today so we are taking the kids to Monkey Joe's(giant indoor bounce houses and slides). I will need to "help" my youngest in there so I will have to go in too .
    Lucky bastard!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Today's workout:

100 Snatches - Time: 4:48
    100 Snatches - Time: 6:24
    100 Swings - Time: 3:59
    100 Swings - Time: 4:36
    Turkish Get-ups with Bulgarian bag, 4 sets of 10 each side
    Pull-ups, 10-8-6
    Push-ups, 25-20-15

So I've been wanting to do more Turkish get-ups, but after doing something like 200 snatches your shoulders are pretty smoked. Doing get ups with a kettlebell you have to keep the weight locked out overhead or risk crushing your skull, so they've been out with the fatigued shoulders. So what to do? I thought i need to do them with a log on my shoulder like Erwan LeCorre, but I don't have a log. I do have a Bulgarian bag that is sort of like a floppy log, so why not try with that. They are not exactly the same as you are not engaging all the stabilizer muscles like when holding up the kettlebell, but it is still pretty good and a good addition to the workouts in my opinion.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps you could get part of a railroad tie or something to use as a log or part of an old utility pole. I'd be surprised if they were not available at a lumber/hardware store.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony