Page 74 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 74

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Wow...the most quoted man on MDA(even more than Mark Sisson) whats to take one of my lines. I feel honored.
    LMAO. Far from the most quoted, and anyway, when you post as much as I do you are bound to get a good one every once in a while. Million monkeys, million typewriters idea
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is online now Senior Member
    You mother fucking cock sucker ass weasels!!!
    When you say that aloud, that is truly bad ass my friend. I think that is in quote of the year running.
    Georgette

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Ass weasels are the best weasels.

. . . waitasecond. . . .
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Today's workout:

4 sets each side of 5 KB swings, 5 KB high-pulls, 5 KB snatches, 5 KB clean and press, 5 KB lunges
    Chin-ups, 10-8-5
    Push-ups, 25-18-10
    Dumbbell rows, 3 sets of 10
    Sandbag Thrusters, 3 sets of 10
    Bulgarian Bag squats, 3 sets of 15

Good workout today, followed by 3 clementines. Couldn't help it, I can't resist there citrusy goodness. But I figure it all goes right to glycogen stores anyway, so no problems. It has been a nice couple of days off for a birthday weekend(ass weasels aside), but it's back to work tonight. I'm not looking forward to it, but not really dreading it either. The only way I can describe it is that I like my job, but only until I hit the Power Ball.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

yesterday's workout:

4 sets each side of 5 KB swings, 5 KB high-pulls, 5 KB snatches, 5 KB clean and press, 5 lunges
    Push-ups, 25-18-15
    Pull-ups, 10-7-5
    Sandbag thrusters, 6 sets of 10

Not the longest workout ever, but it was actually pretty intense. Kept breaks to just long enough to catch my breath and then on with the next set. I really need some heavier kettlebells, but they are just so damn expensive. With all our money paying for christmas right now they have to be put on the back burner for the time being. Tonight is my last night of work and then 4 days off. Going to try to take the kids to see Santa tomorrow, hopefully we have better luck than last time. Oh, and I saw that the Merrell Down and Dirty Mud Run is coming to Miami in May 2012. Maybe I will shoot for that since my plans for the Warrior Dash and Spartan Race were shot to hell. They will have a 5k and a 10k. If I can do it I'll stick with the 5k. Of coarse this all depends on how this lines up with work shit. Fucking job always fucking stuff up. Need to win the lottery.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Need to win the lottery.
    You and me both my friend.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    You and me both my friend.
    Well, if I ever hit the power ball I promise to share.

Yesterdays workout:

Tabata snatches X3 (1 min break after each)
    Double Tabata swings
    pull-ups, 10-8-5
    Push-ups, 25-20-15
    Sandbag thrusters, 4 sets of 10
    Squats with Bulgarian bag on shoulder ans KB in opposite hand, 4 sets of 10

Took about a half hour or so break and then took the dog for about an hour walk. For dinner I made another roasted chicken with mashed sweat potatoes. It was pretty Google. I prefer red meat, but at about a dollar a pound, beggars can't be choosers.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Heh Did you mean to say "pretty good"? I do shit like that all the time. Stupid brain thinking things while I'm trying to boobs.

. . . I mean "write."
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Haha....no, my stupid phone thinks it's a smarter than I am and writes what it wants.

Today's workout:

Quadruple Tabata Snatches(16 minutes that feels like an eternity)
    Double Tabata Swings
    Pull-ups, 11-8(short break to help carry in groceries)-7-6
    Push-ups, 25-20-15
    Sandbag Thrusters, 3 sets of 10
    Bulgarian bag squats, 2 sets of 20

Good workout today. For the quad Tabata of snatches I dropped back down to the 16kg bell, otherwise it would have been ridiculous. Took about a 2 minute break between the snatches and the swings. The rest went pretty good, kept a nice pace all the way through(with the exception of the getting groceries out of the car).

Getting ready to make some chili/sloppy joe type stuff here in a little bit. It's back to work tonight, but thankfully it is only an 8 hour night. I will have to work on christmas eve, but will be off christmas day. Hopefully I will be able to leave early that night so I can be home to help Santa unload his sleigh and then get a couple of hours of sleep before starting the long day ahead.