Page 72 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 72

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Haha...OK, but I have to wonder who the sex is with since of seems 98% of the population of Canada is down is south Florida for the winter.
    Exactly. All the old people leave, which makes for awesome pickin's for the rest of us.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Today's workout :

Tabata. KB snatches X2
    Tabata KB swings X2
    Push-ups, 25-18-14
    Chin-ups, 8-6-4
    Sandbag thrusters, 4 sets of 10

Worked out in an almost fasted state. Had a banana and coffee at about 8am, and started the workout around 11:30 or so. It felt good to have the sun shining on me today. Still haven't eaten. Maybe in a little while. Bacon and eggs for a late lunch doesn't sound too bad. For dinner tonight I'm making a cross between sloppy Joe's and chili. It tastes pretty good and is real simple to make.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'm working out fasted now as well. I've pretty much quit eating breakfast when I get up as I get up at 7:30AM and workout at 10 and work begins at noon. I eat lunch right before work starts and dinner is somewhere between 4-6. Not too bad really.
    Georgette

Today's workout:

Tabata KB snatches
    Tabata KB swings X2
    Double KB clean and press, 3 sets of 10
    Push-ups, 25-20-25
    Sandbag thrusters, 3 sets of 10

Another later in the day workout. I felt a little sluggish in the beginning, but it got better as I went on. I have a feeling the sluggishness comes from it getting dark earlier now. I just feel so much better with the sun on me. Either that, or maybe it's because it's been a long 4 days of work. I'm looking forward to the next few days off. I have to work on Thursday for Thanksgiving, so we are having it on Tuesday. It will just be me, the wife and kids, my mom and step-dad, and the puppy dog. And yes, there will be pie involved.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Another later in the day workout. I felt a little sluggish in the beginning, but it got better as I went on. I have a feeling the sluggishness comes from it getting dark earlier now. I just feel so much better with the sun on me. Either that, or maybe it's because it's been a long 4 days of work. I'm looking forward to the next few days off. I have to work on Thursday for Thanksgiving, so we are having it on Tuesday. It will just be me, the wife and kids, my mom and step-dad, and the puppy dog. And yes, there will be pie involved.
    Pie is beautiful. My husband gets a pie from his employer for Thanksgiving. I'm picking up a pumpkin cheesecake from Trader Joe's. It's delicious.
    Georgette

There ain't nothin' like a free pie. I wish we had a trader Joe's around here. We used to go there when we lived up in northern Virginia. Used to get some good stuff there.

Today's workout:

Quadrupel Tabata Snatches(16 minutes of more fun than anyone one person should have alone)
    Chin-ups/Pull-ups/Chin-ups/Pull-ups/Chin-ups, 8-6-5-4-3
    Double Tabata Swings
    Push-ups, 25-18-14
    Sandbag Thrusters, 3 sets of 10
    Bulgarian bag squats, 2 sets of 15

So yesterday was our Thanksgiving due to my work schedule. We all had a good time, and I made a pig of myself. Seconds of everything(including the corn bread dressing and dinner rolls), and about half a pie to myself. I did put plenty of whipped cream on the pie, and whipped cream is primal so all's good, right? I woke up this morning with a mild hung over feeling, and since I only had half a glass of wine I'm guessing it was the grain and sugar. Today's workout was an ass kicker, so all is fine. I'm sure they will bring something in for us at work tomorrow, but I will just stick to the meat and veggies and pass on the rest. One day of gluttony was plenty. Besides, I was farting like crazy all last night and this morning, and no one wants that again.

Today's workout :

2 sets each side of 10 KB swings, 10 KB high-pulls, 10 KB snatches
    2 sets each side of 5 KB swings, 5 KB high-pulls, 5 KB snatches
    10 Turkish get-ups(5 each side )
    Push-ups, 25-15-12
    Chin-ups, 8-7-4
    Sandbag thrusters, 5 sets of 10

Work week went by pretty quick. Now 3 days off. Just ate a big bowl of chili, and have lots of leftovers for the rest of the week. That's pretty much how I plan all my meals these days. It just makes things easier. I'm also going to try and roast a chicken with some sweet potatoes and onions tomorrow. We'll see how it turns out.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    So are you on a 7 days on/3 days off schedule?

Also -- and maybe I've asked this before -- what weight are you using for your sandbags? 60lb (25kg)?
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Ha...if I had to 7 days on for 3 off I would probably hurt someone. I work 3 on 3 off, 4 on 4 off doing 12 hour shifts (7pm-7am). Yeah, the mid size bag is about 50-60 lbs and the big one is 100 or so. I didn't weigh those the way I did the Bulgarian bags so I don't have the exact numbers.