Page 7 of 185 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 7

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
    Well gee whiz willakers.. I don't think we should talk anymore..
    HAHA, i know. It sounds like a joke but it's happened. I've had neighbors that didn't speak to me after they saw the car in the driveway. My wife had some of the mothers in a mom's club she was in stop talking to her after she mentioned her husband was a cop. I'm eally a nice guy too, and if anyone says different I'll break their arms!!!

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    I'm eally a nice guy too, and if anyone says different I'll break their arms!!!
    LoLLLL!!!!
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Had a good day today. Woke up around 7am or so. Went back to Home Depot to get a few more things to finish the garen. Then when I picked up my oldest from school, she helped me plant. We planted 2 tomato plants. We planted seed for cucumbers, carrots, and spinach...we'll see if they grow. My daughter had a good time doing it either way.

Breakfast was bacon, eggs, and coffee. Lunch was leftover pot roast Dinner leftover london broil and a BAS.

At work right now, which would explain why it's taken over an hour to write this post.

Work is done and I'm glad to be home. Just took some magnesium citrate to help me get to sleep. So now just sitting here watching tv and waiting to get tired. Up in the day, sleep at night. Sleep in the day, up at night. My body never knows what's coming anymore. I hope this doesn't hinder my progress, but I'm sure it does.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    I'm eally a nice guy too, and if anyone says different I'll break their arms!!!
    Haha! Nice. I like cops. Personally, I'd be relieved to have one living next door. Then again, cops in Ottawa are like fucking Special Forces. You'd think they'd genetically engineered them to be huge and beefy. Even the women are nicely fit and strong -- they could no doubt bench-press me. It's pretty sweet, actually. I like seeing officers I know could chase someone down... or make people wet themselves at the thought of even trying to run. I'm sure it's not the case for every single officer, but all the beat cops are fuckin' fit. Like tanks with skin grafted onto them.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Haha! Nice. I like cops. Personally, I'd be relieved to have one living next door. Then again, cops in Ottawa are like fucking Special Forces. You'd think they'd genetically engineered them to be huge and beefy. Even the women are nicely fit and strong -- they could no doubt bench-press me. It's pretty sweet, actually. I like seeing officers I know could chase someone down... or make people wet themselves at the thought of even trying to run. I'm sure it's not the case for every single officer, but all the beat cops are fuckin' fit. Like tanks with skin grafted onto them.
    Haha. Well, I'm glad you like cops. Too bad you weren't my neighbor. I was never a walking tank, but it wasn't until recently I became the "fat cop". But that is all changing now., and I will be better than what I was before damnit!!! It is kind of funny, the TLC network is doind a tv show following around our K9 units and some friends of mine have been on. All of the guys they picked to be on the show are the walking tanks.

Woke up today around 11am and there was a major crisis in the house. WE WERE OUT OF COFFEE. How could I have been so careless? How could I have let this happen? What kind of husband and father am I? Me without coffee is not a good thing. Everyone knows the Incredible Hulk and what he is like when he is angry. Now imagine if he was all pissed off AND DIDN'T HAVE ANY COFFEE!!!. Well, I am wearing a green shirt anyway. Luckily a trip to the store took care of the problem with only a mild headache.

Breakfast today was bacon and eggs(SHOCKER!!!) and multiple cups of coffee. Dinner will be rib-eye(again, not grass-fed this time) and a salad.

While I was making breakfast today, my 2 year old found my old lunch box I used to take to work and was playing with it. I should say she was playing IN it. She was pretending it was a boat. It's more of a cooler than a lunch box. It's no different than the ones all my co-workers have. I remember I used to think of how munch food I needed to bring to make it through a 12 hour shift. I have to laugh at it now that I usually IF for 18-20 hours now on workdays. I listen to my friends "Oh my god, I haven't eaten in like 4 hours! I'm starving!!" Oh yeah? I haven't eaten in about 12 and I'm fine. Suck it up you little wusses! Try eating some REAL food while you're at it. Salmonella Dogs at 7-11 don't count.

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    I listen to my friends "Oh my god, I haven't eaten in like 4 hours! I'm starving!!" Oh yeah? I haven't eaten in about 12 and I'm fine. Suck it up you little wusses! Try eating some REAL food while you're at it. Salmonella Dogs at 7-11 don't count.
    LoL!! LOVE This!!
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    My dad was an officer back in the day. Majority of the cops in my town are pricks. Only 2 of the cops in town are nice, I know them all personally. Only 2 of them are in decent enough of shape to be a cop really. My neighbor is a medic in a neighboring town and part time in our little burg. My BIL is a full time medic for our town. He also teaches CPR and he's going to teach the oldest that here shortly.

I'm cutting back on my bacon & egg consumption for awhile. I think I've been eating too much fat which stalled my weight loss. I started eating more fat when I was seeming to be famished all the time. I've been in a 2 month stall and I've gained some. Oy vey!

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    My dad was an officer back in the day. Majority of the cops in my town are pricks. Only 2 of the cops in town are nice, I know them all personally. Only 2 of them are in decent enough of shape to be a cop really. My neighbor is a medic in a neighboring town and part time in our little burg. My BIL is a full time medic for our town. He also teaches CPR and he's going to teach the oldest that here shortly.

I'm cutting back on my bacon & egg consumption for awhile. I think I've been eating too much fat which stalled my weight loss. I started eating more fat when I was seeming to be famished all the time. I've been in a 2 month stall and I've gained some. Oy vey!
    Sorry about the cops in your town. I always tell people that if you met a cop that was a giant prick for no reason, I bet the other cops who work with them don't like them either. Yes, there are cops who are pricks. But remember, there are also doctors, teachers, accountants, plumbers, and lawyers(well that goes without saying) that are pricks. Not to mention, for most people in most circumstances, the only time you deal with a cop is on one of the worst days of your life. It seems to me(I could be wrong) you live in a small town since you know the cops there. Sometimes in a small department if a person with that mentality moves up in rank into a command position who now has a say in who gets hired, they may choose individuals who are more like themselves. I am NOT saying all small town agencies are like that. I have seen many who are highly skilled and professional agencies. I'm just saying a few bad apples in an agency of 30 people stand out more than in an agency of couple of thousand people. I'm sure there are more than a few people who don't think highly of me. They don't always like what I have to say and don't like the outcome. And sometimes you are see us on a bad day. The stress does get to us at times. We get used to being hated by most people(unfortunately), and it can affect our attitude sometimes(but not all the time). When we lost one of own a few years back, I had people tell me they were glad it happened and he got what all cops deserve. Cops are husbands, wives, sons, daughters, moms, and dads. When these things happen people will miss them. A week has not gone by this year that an officer was not laid to rest after being killed in the line of duty. There have been 58 officers killed since january, 10 of them in my state.

I once attended a class by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman(US Army, Retired). He wrote the books On Killing, On Combat, and The Bullet-Proof Mind. He made an analogy that stuck with me. He compared society to a herd of sheep, but he did not mean it as an insult the way it would normally be taken. The herd were the citizens who go to work every day and keep society functioning and represent 98% of the population. Then there are the wolves who live to prey upon the sheep. These are your stone cold, hardcore criminals who want nothing to do with the rest of society except for what they can take from it. The Wolves are 1% of the population. The last 1% are the sheepdogs. The sheepdogs function is to protect the sheep from from the wolves. But he also has to keep the sheep from straying away from the herd, and to do this he sometimes has to scare them and give them a bit of a bite to get them back. The sheep are afraid of the wolves and want the sheepdog there, but they also don't like the sheepdog and don't want him too close. The only problem is that in real life we ar not dogs and we want to be part of society. We want to be able to part of everyday things with our kids, families, friends, and neighbors. I have very few friends that aren't cops, and that is not by choice. As a kid growing up, my dad worked for the DEA. When I went to school I was not supposed to tell people what my dad did and I didn't understand it. Now I do.

I was hesitant to talk too much about it here, and that may make me look kind of goofy here. Even though I've never met anyone here, I've come to respect and admire many of the people here on this forum. So there you have it, I do care what you all think of me.

Page 7 of 185 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast