Page 68 of 196 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 68

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well I went and hurt myself. During the other days workout I lost balance for half a second and caught myself. I felt something at the time but it seemed ok. Today it is tight as hell. Will take it easy for a few days.

MIL went shopping for us. She bought butter. Here's the problem,

Ingrediants in her butter:
    Ingredients: Butter (Cream, Salt), Water*, Food Starch-Modified*, Contains Less Than 2% of Tapioca Maltodextrin*, Salt, Vegetable Mono And Diglycerides*, Lactic Acid*, Potassium Sorbate* and Sodium Benzoate* (preservatives), PGPR* (emulsifier), Xanthan Gum*, Natural Flavor* Vitamin A Palmitate*, Beta Carotene* (color).
    *Ingredients not found in regular butter.
    CONTAINS: MILK

And here is what I get:
    Ingredients
    Pasteurized Organic Sweet Cream (Milk), Microbial Culture.

Oh, and mine also comes from pasture raised cows. I try to explain things, but it isn't sinking in.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I tried to explain something similar to a family member re: the difference between margarine vs butter or animal fat. I took this approach:

"What's in butter?"
    "Umm... butter?"
    "Right. What's in animal fat?"
    "It's just animal fat...."
    "Now read the ingredients for margarine. Do you know what half of those things are or what they do?"

Ah well. I take what small victories I win but otherwise let them do their own thing. As long as it doesn't affect me, they can do as they please.

PS: Check facebook, sir.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    As long as it doesn't affect me, they can do as they please.
    This is usually my way of thinking, but when they are shopping to feed my family it makes me want to grab them and start slapping them around like Mo would do to Curly.

Anyway, It's official. I am hurt. I totally fucked my back. It is a full on pulled muscle. It was having spasm all night and I hardly slept. Nothing to do but rest and wait. This is doubly awesome since I am still playing nurse maid to my wife.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Holy shit, this sucks. Patrick, I have a new found sympathy for you from back when you had the chest injury. My back fucking hurts. I want to go do stuff and can't. I feel lazy and restless, but can do nothing about it!!! I was getting into the car earlier and twisted a little as I got in. This caused a spasm in my back muscle which left me paralyzed in pain. THIS FUCKING BLOWS!!!

Ugh. That's the shittiest news! And it's your back, too -- you can't work around that. As sucky as it is, just keep eating Primal, get good sleep and sit/lie down outside in the sun for a while outside every day (when you can). In other words, keep on top of everything else, even if you can't LHT.

Ironically, when you're back on your feet and ready to kick ass, you might find that you've made strength gains instead of the losses that you're no doubt anticipating! I did. It was really weird. Got me thinking about something in 4-Hour Body, whereby sometimes people have awesome progress when they only work out for 15 minutes once a week.

You'll be right back into things soon, I'm sure. Are you going to see a chiropractor or massage therapist?

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Well, my back still fucking hurts. Of course, I haven't exactly been doing everything in my power to help it along. Last Thursday I was out and had a sudden urge to climb a tree. So what did i do?

Yeah, not exactly smart. And then the next day I went out with my father-in-law to clear a bunch of trees and branches out of the back yard with a chain saw and then hauling it all out to the curb. It was a 2 man job and they were leaving the next day, so i was kind of stuck doing it then even though I probably shouldn't have. The next day i was stiff as a mother fucker. It is slowly getting better now.

As we get closer to 2012, I realize I am getting close to 2 years Primal. I started thinking about were i was when i started.

I don't think this guy would have felt an urge to climb anything, healthy back or not. He also doesn't look to be a very happy person. I'm glad I don't know him anymore.

That's awesome, man! Insane change, and you're right: he doesn't look very happy. In the top picture, you look like half of the guy in the bottom!

(That's also a freakin' cool-lookin' tree!)

Thanks Patrick. And, yeah, how can you look at that tree and not just HAVE to climb it?

OK, confession time. Forgive me Mark Sisson, for I have sinned. The day before the tree climbing I ate enough candy corn to supply a small country. Why? I don't know. Because it was there? And then on the day of the tree climbing I had pizza and garlic rolls. But they were from Mike's Pizza, so what was I supposed to do. Oh well, done worrying about that. I felt like crap after and couldn't wait to get back to Primal.

Meh. For like two weeks after my minor surgery, I got into the bad habit of eating a small 90g bag of chips every other night or so. It didn't kill me, but man... I'm definitely glad to be back on the straight and narrow. Sometimes we humans just have to be self-destructive. It's what we do.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sorry about your back man. I love the picture of you in the tree. It's "Monkey Daddy"! I love watching the reaction on your daughters faces and that is totally badass dear sir!
    Georgette