Page 61 of 196 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 61

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes, if all goes as planned, that cake will be FUBAR. Of course, lately I'm all full and bloated after 1 piece. Just can't do as much sugar as the old days. And Geo is right, Tinker Bell isn't as bad as a lot of the other stuff for kids out there. It could be a lot worse. They could want to watch barney all the time and then i would become a danger to myself and others. Luckily for me I've been able to turn my kids into big Popeye fans.

My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Yesterday saw 3 rather large pieces of cake and 2 giant scoops of ice cream devoured. Oh, and the bread dipped in the olive oil and spice stuff at the restaurant. Aside from the bread i had grilled grouper with mango salsa and garlic whipped potatoes. So, with the exception of the bread, beer, cake, and ice cream, it was pretty primal. I had forgotten how much gas sugar and wheat cause. I was lighting it up in the house with the farts last night. It's back to work tonight, so we'll see if I have time to work out today. All depends on what the wife and kids have planned.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

canio6 Guest
    Nicely done sir. Good luck squeezing in a work out. I think I am going to try to make myself a sandbag this weekend so will be cruising back over to your blog to check out yours different varieties.

Well, I did get the workout in on 8/25, but I never got around to putting it in here. It was good, but can't remember what I did. It started though with about 3 or 4 laps jogging around the block(barefoot of course) while my oldest rode her new bike. At one point she stopped the bike, jumped off, and did 20 jumping jacks before jumping back on and taking off again. I can't tell you how proud I was at that moment.

Right now I am about 23 hours into a fast(with the exception of coffee), and not sure when it will end. wasn't planned, just happened. I'm a little hungry, but not starving. I may try to get a workout in before eating, but we'll see what happens.

So Saturday(or I guess technically Sunday morning) night(my Friday) made it 3 for 3 for the past weekends. It seems there will be a crash, it will close down a major roadway, at least 1 car will roll over, the driver will be trapped, the fire department will have to cut them out, and I WILL HAVE TO WRITE THE REPORT! GRRRRRRR!!!!! Don't they know I just want to go home on time? Hey, everyone else gets to rant about work, so I can too(even when it makes me seem like an insensitive prick).

Never got the workout in yesterday, just to much shit to do. Today I have to work around the house a bit and then take the little one to the park while her sister is in school. Later tonight I will get my workout in one way or another. I feel like doing something so ridiculously crazy that it will make people question my sanity(oh wait, they do that already). Not sure what yet, but I can make even the everyday workouts like that if I keep the intensity up. We'll see what I can think of. Not a lot to choose for dinner last night. I had some ground beef, so I ended up making a cross between sloppy joes and chili. It was actually pretty good. Have a bunch left over too. Going to make a crockpot full of beef stew for tonight. I should have enough leftovers to last me the rest of the week without cooking again. OK, I should go get to work, but I am real lazy right now.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Don't they know I just want to go home on time? Hey, everyone else gets to rant about work, so I can too(even when it makes me seem like an insensitive prick).
    Doesn't make you an insensitive prick at all. I can see where that would be annoying as hell. I also do not buy into the whole 'sympathy for my fellow man' bullshit. Every accident is a tragedy? Sure for someone, but not necessarily for me. No reason you are any different. Hmm..perhaps we are both insensitive pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Hmm..perhaps we are both insensitive pricks.
    You may be on to something. Occupational hazard, i guess.

Today's workout:

100 KB Snatches for time - 5:23
    100 KB Swings for time - 4:24
    Push-ups, 20-15-15
    Sandbag Thrusters, 3 sets of 10

By the end of the swings my forearms were smoked. Got a good grip workout in today.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Doesn't make you an insensitive prick at all. I can see where that would be annoying as hell. I also do not buy into the whole 'sympathy for my fellow man' bullshit. Every accident is a tragedy? Sure for someone, but not necessarily for me. No reason you are any different. Hmm..perhaps we are both insensitive pricks.
    I love insensitive pricks and ignorant sluts. They make the world go round.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I love insensitive pricks and ignorant sluts. They make the world go round.