Page 57 of 193 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 57

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    For instance: Crawl, crawl, crawl, push-up, push-up, frog-hop, frog-hop, frog-hop, push-up, push-up, crab-walk, crab-walk, crab-walk, push-up, push-up, etc.
    You should send this to Mark. Sounds like it would make a great WoW.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    I might! I really want a Primal shirt. Speaking of which, did you get yours? Is it awesome?
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I might! I really want a Primal shirt. Speaking of which, did you get yours? Is it awesome?
    Yep, I got it. It's awesomeness is beyond words. I need to get a pic of me in it at the park swinging on the monkey bars and send it to mark as one of the "Grok in the Wild" pics.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

I submitted the following as a WOW:

Hi, Mark,

A buddy of mine on here (skink531) was telling me about his kids using his front room to show off their hurdling and running technique. While it's hilariously fantastic that he's inspired such exuberance for movement and activity in his kids, it could be a bit destructive.

I suggested a "crawling/on-all-fours" policy for the house, with running/jumping for outdoors. I then suggested the following alternative(s) and he in turn suggested I submit it as a WOW, so here we are!

No warm-up needed, really, since doing the WOW itself slowly at first can be a warm-up itself (if desired).

Required: a hallway or any floor space that provides enough room for the various activities.

1. Grok crawl a few feet. Do a push-up or five.
    2. Pull your legs up to your arms. Frog-jump (or whatever the name for it might be) a few times. Do a push-up or five.
    3. Crab-walk for a few feet. Do a push-up or five.
    4. Duck-walk for a few feet. Then... can you guess? Just in case you all can't, I'll write it out: Do a push-up or five.

You can keep repeating those four a few times -- resting in between by hanging from a pull-up bar or by doing an indigenous squat -- or you can mix up the exercises. For instance, grab a box filled with books or other heavy objects and push it down a hallway floor (using "mountain climber" exercise-style form). Then flip over onto your back, leave the box behind (or use your head to move it, Shao lin monk style) and push yourself back down the hall along the floor on your back, using your legs and by twisting your torso to provide the movement.

Anyway, I find those kinds of activities great for low-destruction indoor movement. I happen to have a long hallway and find it boring as sin to just walk down, so I like to mix it up a bit when I go down it: crawls, hops, lunges, pushing, carrying... whatever!

Sorry this went long. Take 'er easy and Grok on!

-- Patrick
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Patrick, that is pure awesomeness!!! I will never again be able to just walk down a hallway.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    It kind of makes me wish my apartment had hallways
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    That's it, I need a bigger house. Oh well. At least I have a decent back yard.
    Georgette

No need for a hallway, necessarily. Your living room got a coffee table? Use your living room as a circuit instead of a hallway.

OK, I need to come on here and rant for a bit, but it is my journal so I guess that's what it's for. I started reading through other posts and some journals today. I would never go onto someone else's journal and start yelling at them. That would just make me look like a douche bag. So if any of the people from those post happen to stumble upon my journal I will apologize in advance, but WHAT THE FUCK!!! I am seeing people talking about combining Weight Watchers and HCG with the Primal Blueprint! THIS IS NOT A FAD DIET THAT YOU CAN COMBINE WITH YOUR OTHER FAD DIETS!!! JESUS FUCKING ZOMBIE CHRIST, HAVE YOU READ THE PRIMAL BLUEPRINT? HAVE YOU READ ANY OF THE BLOG POST AT MDA? If you haven't I seriously suggest you immediately head over there and 1) buy the book and 2) read every archived blog post. I'm sure if you do this and truly open yourself up to the concepts, you will see what I'm talking about. There needs to be a complete shift in your entire way off life, not just in what you do or don't eat, or in how many damn calories you get each day. You need to change your entire thought process. Trust me, it's liberating. You will truly become a new person both inside and out. That's what we all came here looking for, isn't it? STARVING YOURSELF DOES NOT WORK!!! IT IS NOT SUSTAINABLE!!! Look at the success stories on here and you will see that those concepts are nowhere in sight. Look, I've been there. I was at the point where I figured an early death from heart disease and/or diabetes was inevitable. A year and a half later I now plan to be swinging kettlebells and doing tabatas on my 100th birthday. I'm not trying to toot my own horn here, but I have had the success that everyone is looking for. I am in the best shape I have EVER been!

OK, I will step down from my soap box now. I will take the rest of my frustration out on my kettlebells. (that sounded a little weird and could be taken the wrong way)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Just don't hurt the kettleballs. They're innocent I tell ya!
    Georgette