Page 53 of 196 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 53

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    HAHAHAHA.....You just made coffee shoot out my nose.
    I hope that didn't burn.
    Georgette

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Spent yesterday and today down in Miami at the folks house, taking the kids to see the grandparents. My mom wanted to take them to see Winni the Pooh. It was a good time, and no I didn't eat popcorn or candy. Later it was steaks on the grill and vegies, and yes a couple of beers. Today I got up and lazed around the house while my mom, wife, and oldest daughter went shopping. I honestly don't care how big the bill was as long as I didn't have to go. When they got home I went outside for some exercise.

Today's workout: I was going to do some sprints, but while doing some warm-up sprints at about 75% my right quad started bothering me. I decided to err on the side of caution and not do sprints. So instead -

3 mile run(at moderate pace). At each .5 mile mark i did 20 push-ups, 10 pull-ups, and 10 dips. The pull-ups weren't traditional. I did them off a tree branch. Instead of pulling up to reach my chin over the top, I held the branch so I was facing parallel to it and pulled my head to the side of the branch alternating sides each rep. I was feeling pretty good at this point and was going to start doing some plyometric stuff by jumping up on a picnic table, but my wife came out and said the kids were waiting for me to go swimming in the lake. So, for my cool down I played in the lake with the kids.

Later was dinner at Chili's. It wasn't my choice, but mom had a coupon for a discount. I had Fajitas without the tortillas. After we went back to their house for coffee and desert. I had 85% chocolate. I have reached the point that 85% is too sweet and I really prefer the 90%. Now we are back home, and the kids are worn out and crashed in the car on the way here. Extra heavy lifting for the day by carrying them in the house. I was feeling a little hungry so I just had some sliced tomato with fresh mozzarella, EVOO, and balsamic vinegar. That's not a bad snack, is it?
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

geostump is offline Senior Member
    That sounds like a good time. I almost always tend to order fajitas whenever we go out to dinner. I know that as long as I don't eat the tortillas I'm staying fairly primal plus they're damn tasty.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    That sounds like a good time. I almost always tend to order fajitas whenever we go out to dinner. I know that as long as I don't eat the tortillas I'm staying fairly primal plus they're damn tasty.
    The fajitas definitely taste good. I wonder about the oil they're cooked in though. I'm sure it is some combination of canola and soy oil.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Today's workout:

8 rounds of 10 sledgehammer slams left side, 10 sledgehammer slams right side, 5 KB snatches left side, 5 KB snatches right side. about a 45 second rest between rounds. This was harder than I thought it would be.
    Double KB Clean and press, 3 sets of 10
    Dumbbell rows, 3 sets of 10
    Push-ups, 10-10-10
    Sandbag Thrusters, 3 sets of 10
    Bulgarian bag squats, 3 sets of 10

It was hot as a motherfucker out today during the workout. I'll be glad when fall gets here and it cools down a little. My clothes were so drenched in sweat I looked like I had jumped in the lake. Today was going to be a rest day, but I have training tomorrow and have to go in early and won't be able to workout. Got it in today though.

Took some time off(4 days to be exact) and I think the recovery time helped. The tightness in my quads is gone and yesterday's workout felt good.

Yesterday's workout:

3 sets each side of 5 KB swings, 5 KB high-pulls, 5 KB snatches, 5 KB clean and press, 5 lunges
    I take no break in between switching from right side to left side so it is like one continuous set.(50 rep set!!!)
    Dumbbell rows, 3 sets of 10
    Push-ups, 20-15-10
    Sandbag Thrusters, 4 sets of 10

The morning(afternoon really, damn night shift) before the workout I added a banana with my breakfast. I think it helped, so maybe I will up my carbs just a little bit on workout days. Nothing crazy, just a bit.

Ate dinner kind of late last night, so I wasn't really hungry this morning and fasted until lunch(steak and eggs ) I'm thinking later this afternoon I might try and take a short run, maybe just 2-3 miles(maybe throw in a set of burpees here and there for good measure).

Well, due to things out of my control, the run tonight got put on hold. First, it poured down rain with a shit load of lightning. Then, my wife wanted to take a walk by herself. A) I want to encourage her to exercise whenever possible, and 2) if she ain't happy then nobody is, so she's getting in her walk. Tomorrows workout will have to be double tough to make up for it. I need to give it some thought and make it a real puker.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Hope things are alright on the home front, Dave!

How's your training going? Is the idea of the Spartan Race coming up in six months spurring you on or stressing you out?
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Everything is good here(except when I can't go run!). The thought of the Spartan race is both spurring me on and stressing me out(or should I say scarring the shit out of me) all at the same time. But it's OK, I actually perform better under pressure.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Eustress, baby.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)