Page 52 of 196 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 52

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Cool stuff! I'll head over once I have Internet at home again. Been without for 7 days now. I only have the 3G on my phone. : /
    Yeah, come on over. It's a Wordpress blog, so it should be mobile friendly until you get your internet back. And hey, there is nothing really bad about taking a technology break once in a while anyway.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Today's Workout(done fasted):

Tabata Burpees
    Tabata KB Snatches X 2
    Tabata KB Swings
    (1.5 min. rest between Tabata sets)
    Dumbbell Rows, 2 sets of 10
    Push-ups, 20-15-10

With the heat today I thought I was going to die. I thought I was going to throw up after the Tabata of swings. Good times. After I had a my post workout meal. I don't know if you'd call it breakfast or lunch, but I had a banana followed by a pork steak with creole seasoning seared in the skillet. Came out nicely. It's back to work tonight. 8 hour night only(thank god) so I will be off at 3am. Then it is just a couple if more days until I off again on Sunday.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, it was 46C (115F?) out yesterday with the humidex. No air-conditioning. It was freakin' brutal. No way I was going for a run.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Yeah, it was 46C (115F?) out yesterday with the humidex. No air-conditioning. It was freakin' brutal. No way I was going for a run.
    Yep, gotta love summer time. No AC? I would be spending my day at the nearest establishment that sold cold refreshments in frosted mugs if I were you.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Pretty much the same here. I have no AC in my car. Pretty much soaked on the drive to work this morning.
    Georgette

Well last night was interesting at work. I go in expecting to get out early at 3 and find out that "Due to manpower issues" I will be staying until 6am. OK, 3 hours Oscar Tango never hurts. My intention is to find a quiet place to hide and wait to go home. Instead I end up getting in a pretty primal workout. A bunch of guys were seen trying to break into cars, and then run from the Sgt. We catch 1, and then I get into a short foot chase with 2 more that I lose sight of(this was my warm-up sprint). So now the helicopter and K9 unit show up. Well my adrenaline is all amp'd up, so I go with K9 as back-up on the track. We then spend about an hour walking/running/crawling through some inhospitable and rough terrain. It wouldn't have been too bad if yesterdays workout hadn't already smoked my quads. With the exception of finding every spiderweb in the area with my face, it was actually fun(even though they got away). The down side was I was drenched in sweat and my pants and boots were soaked from the wet ground. I still had 3 hours left in the shift and had to spend it with wet socks and "swamp-ass".

The thing is, before PB there is NO WAY I COULD HAVE DONE THIS.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a fun night in a weird way.
    Georgette

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    That sounds freakin' intense! As Geo said, sounds like it was fun, in a weird way. Certainly a test of your Primalness!

PS: google "nathan fillion psa swamp ass". Damn funny stuff!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

canio6 Guest
    That sounds freakin' intense! As Geo said, sounds like it was fun, in a weird way. Certainly a test of your Primalness!
    ^ This. Neither rain, nor, sleet, nor swamp-of-ass will stop Dave kicking butt.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Neither rain, nor, sleet, nor swamp-of-ass will stop Dave kicking butt.
    HAHAHAHA.....You just made coffee shoot out my nose.