Page 51 of 193 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 51

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    <secretly signs Dave up for the 48-Hour Death Race>
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    <secretly signs Dave up for the 48-Hour Death Race>
    HAHA...maybe next year. The Super Spartan will have to do for now. I have officially decided I am doing it and will be training accordingly. I want to be part of the Spartan Race club like the rest of you.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Still have horrible tightness in the quads. It's not sore, it's tight. Why?! I tried doing some lunge movements without any weight, and it still hurt. Just kneeling to one knee hurts. Why the sudden change? I've never had this before. I don't remember getting injured recently. You think that would be something I would have noticed.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Still have horrible tightness in the quads. It's not sore, it's tight. Why?! I tried doing some lunge movements without any weight, and it still hurt. Just kneeling to one knee hurts. Why the sudden change? I've never had this before. I don't remember getting injured recently. You think that would be something I would have noticed.
    No clue. May take a day or two to rest it?
    Georgette

Yeah, I probably should have rested, but I'm a gluten for punishment.

Today's Workout(Done 21 hours into a fast):

100 KB snatches(done in 7 minutes, an improvement from the previous 9 minutes)
    Dumbbell rows, 2 sets of 10
    Double KB cleans, 3 sets of 10
    KB See-Saw Presses, 3 sets of 10(i guess it is 3 sets of 20 since it's 10 each arm)
    Bulgarian bag squats, 3 sets of 10

After i had my breakfast(well, breakfast for me anyway, it's 3pm). Eggs and bacon, and of course coffee with heavy cream. making the coffee was actually a little bit of a pain in the ass. We are under a boil water order right now due to some problem with the water lines, so I had to boil up a bunch of water and put it in plastic containers first.

Fasted until around 12:30 this afternoon, then broke it with the leftover brisket from last night. Today I just farted around the house a bit and played in the back yard with the kids. Before dinner I decided to take a little run. Did 2 miles. Took about 20 minutes, so not exactly blinding speed, but it felt good to get out and do it. Maybe next time I will throw in the extra exercises at the .5 mile marks, but today I just felt like getting into the swing of running.

Dinner tonight was porterhouse steaks(they were on sale) and a giant salad. Later will be some 90% chocolate.

Tomorrow is another lifting day, not sure what I'm going to do yet.

I'm feeling a little better about myself today. I thought I was running reaaaaalllly slow yesterday and thought I had a long way to go. I read today that a 10 minute mile is about average for a distance runner. Still have a long way to go, though.

Going to the park in a little bit with the kids. Should cover my moving at a slow pace for today. I'm sure I will do some running and climbing there too, I just can't help myself. Later today will be some lifting. I have some cool ideas in my head of what to do, but haven't decided yet. I'm thinking maybe a combination of sledgehammer, kettlebells, and push-ups for max number of rounds in 30 min. We'll see.

Had a good time at the park. I did plenty of acting like a monkey. My oldest daughter was bragging in the park, say "My daddy doesn't use the gate, he jumps over the fence." It makes me happy that it is something she would be proud of. We did plenty of climbing, ran a few races, and then just did some exploring in the nature preserve area. After the park we had an early dinner at Chili's(kids eat free on Tuesday). I went with fajitas without the tortillas. I have some doubts about the oil they were cooked in, but what can you do. I also had a couple of loaded potato skins as an appetizer. I'm not carb-phobic, and eat potatoes now and then anyway, but like the fajitas, I have doubts about any oil they used to cook them. Not the perfect meal, but not bad either. Later in the day(after working out) I was hungry again, and had a pork steak with sauteed onions and a sliced tomato with EVOO and balsamic.

Today's workout: It started raining hard as shit , so I had to modify the original plan. Can't pound a sledgehammer on the patio.

2 sets each side of 5 KB swings, 5 KB high pulls, 5 KB snatches, 5 KB clean and press, 5 lunges(feeling better today, minor tightness only)
    2 sets each side of all the same, minus the lunges
    Dumbbell rows, 3 sets of 10
    Push-ups, 20-20-15
    KB front squats, 2 sets of 10
    Bulgarian bag squats, 3 sets of 15

You'd think with it pouring rain out while worked out on the patio that it would be cooler out, but it wasn't. Still hot, humid, and i was sweating like a mother-fucker. I had to mop up the sweat before doing the squats so i wouldn't slip.

Today has been a rest day(with the exception of mowing the lawn in 90 degree heat). We'll just call that moving at a slow pace(with a lot of sweating). Today was an impromptu fast day. Just didn't feel like eating breakfast. Even lunch wasn't until around 2:30pm. Just some coffe in the am was all I wanted. Finally, after cutting the grass, I had some eggs and the lest piece of leftover steak. For dinner later there is some beef stew bubbling in the crockpot.

I was going to go for another run today, but I reminded myself that over training won't do me any good. Recovery is just as important as the workout. Tomorrow I think I will do a sprint day with some extra push-ups and pull-ups added in. Facing the Super Spartan has a way of intensifying your workouts. Now, when I feel like slacking off or taking a little more time of resting between sets, I remind myself what is in store and the price I will pay if I am not ready. I encourage all my primal people there to find something like this to go for. It is one hell of a motivator.

In other news, I have moved my blog. I'm sure all 4 of the people who have visited it will be interested. The Google Blogger platform was just a bit clunky and annoying for me, so I now have a Wordpost one. Also, this way if there is an add on my site I am the one who chose it. No more adds for shit like Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers to piss me off. For some stupid reason if I had wanted to say out and add for the Primal Blueprint, blogger would have seen it as spam and deleted the blog. Now, there will be adds for things, but they are things I like, use, and truly endorse. The new blog is at myprimaladventure.com. I have moved the post from the other blog over, but not the comments(not that there were that many anyway). And Patrick, this should clear up the issue you had with leaving comments.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Cool stuff! I'll head over once I have Internet at home again. Been without for 7 days now. I only have the 3G on my phone. : /
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)