Page 5 of 196 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 5

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, I have a cool-ass boss so I will be rolling out of work early tonight so I can get a normal amount of sleep and maybe even eat something before going to training tommorow. This is really goos since I didn't sleep at all today before coming to work. Hmmmm...lets see...I can go take a nap, or I can go outside a play with my little one. I've said before that daddy can't say no, but I think it's actually more that daddy doesn't want to say no. They won't be little forever, and I won't know what to do when they are older and are too cool to hang out with dad. It reminds me of when my oldest was a new-born and my wife, sounding all worried, said "what is this on her finger?" Well I jumped up and ran over to see what was wrong. When I got there she says "Oh, nevermind...it's just you wrapped around it." She was right and it hasn't changed.

Dinner tonight: Top sirloin filets done in the skillet in bacon grease. They came out good, but a little too done for me. More medium-rare than rare. Everyone else is ok with them, I just like them bloody. Also a big salad...but normal big, not like the other night.

So, the last couple of days...let's see.

Thursday, woke up around 10 am after about 8 hours of pretty good sleep. Had sausage and eggs, and of course coffee with heavy cream. A little later I ate 2 tangerines(was in the mood for sweet. Then off to training. It was pretty fun. Got to run some obstacle courses(dragging 150 dummies, flipping a tracktor tire, jumping over walls, and all that stuff). Did a little DT and then was time to break for dinner. No one could quite understand how it was that I wasn't going to eat. Yeah...I ain't eatin'. After that did a bunch of shooting guns, which is always fun. On the way home I stopped and picked up a rotiserie chicken. It was ok. Not the biggest chicken eater. But it was lat and I didn't want to make a lot of noise in the kitchen and wake up the whole family. Finally a couple of squares of 90% chocolate.

Friday: Sleep pattern messed up from the day before, so up at 7:30 am and I am back to work at night. I really needed a nap, but my oldest daughter was so upset by not seeing me on thursday I couldn't do it to her again. Our routine on workdays is I wake up when she comes home from school, I eat breakfast, and we go outside and play until I have to get ready for work. Maybe I should have taken a nap, but we played instead. Those are my priorities.

For breakfast bacon and eggs and coffee with cream. For dinner I had some leftover chicken from the night before. I heated it up by throwing it in the skillet after cooking some bacon. Yes, the bacon grease makes it taste better.

Went to work that night, so ended up staying up for 24 hours.

Woke up today around 1:30pm. Ate some bacon and eggs, drank some coffee, then outside to play with the kids. Dinner was chuck steak made on the skillet in butter(not thegreatest steak, but it's inexpensive and what we have until shopping day gets here) and some green beans with butter.

At work now. It's my friday and 4 days off after this. Will try to get some good workouts and play time in.

sunday: slept until about 1pm. breakfats was eggs and bacon. played outside with the kids for a little while and then it was time to go grocery shopping. came home and then worked out for a while. did a nice mix of kettlebells, sandbag, and body weight stuff. pushed myself pretty hard and felt pretty good. diner was hamburgers(no bun of course) with pickle, onion, tomatoe, and dijon mustard. for desert some 90% chocolate.

today: up around 7am. felt a little tired and could have used more sleep, but thats how it is. breakfast was eggs and bacon(shocker). ran errands most of the day, then picked up the oldest from school. for dinner it was a london broil that came out a nice medium rare and a salad that was big enough to feed a small country. later will be some more 90% chocolate. the chocolate is definitly my weakness.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Chocolate's your weakness, eh? The London Broil would be mine. A butcher here wraps sausage with bacon, and then wraps the London Broil around that. It's rare he has it in, but I always grab some when he does! Amazing. One could easily make that, I suppose, but I'm lazy.

Your workout sounds awesome! I'm envious.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    A butcher here wraps sausage with bacon, and then wraps the London Broil around that.
    That sounds fucking awesome! I will be making this soon.

Well, it seems like the kids have FINALLY gone to sleep and it's time to relax. Took my magnesium citrate and waiting for it to kick in. I've really started to love this shit. For all those out there that don't do shift work and don't know what it's to have you sleep patterns totally fucked, it can make living like a normal person very hard. The magnesium citrate has been a lifesaver, and I don't even get the Natural Calm. That shit is way too expensive. I just get Vitamin Shoppe brand and it works pretty damn good for so far.

Just ate some Lindt Excellence 90% cocoa bar, so that might keep me up for a little while. But anything with 22 grams of fat and 3 grams of sugar per serving can't be all bad.

Woke up today around 7am. No breakfast, just coffee. Had to take the wife to a doctor's appointment, so me and my 2 year old walked around and played for about an hour and a half waiting. Lunch around noon. Left over steak(it was a cheap one, not all that good) and scrambled eggs an kerri gold butter.

Worked out this afternoon. I had planned to see how many sets I could get in doing the Viking Warrior protocol, but my right hand is pretty tore up still from the kettlebell stuff from the other day. Feels like a blister underneath the callus. I got about 10 snatches in before I had to quit.

So here is the alternate workout:
    Warm-up - about 20 kettlebell swings and 10 snatches each side(my failed attempt at Viking Warrior. DAMN YOU BLISTER)
    100 Burpees
    Thruster with sandbag 4 set of 10
    3 sets of push-ups, first 2 sets stopped just before failure, and last set to failure.(I really should start counting, I always wonder how many I do.)
    Front squats with the heavy sandbag. 4 sets of 10.

I tried to keep the rest time in between as short as possible. The first 50 burpees were ok, the last 50 were a BITCH. I was sweating my ass off today. It doesn't help that it's probably close to 90 degrees out today. And yes, when I was finished I was a little nauseas, so I was happy with the intensity.

Dinner tonight is a pot roast with carrots and onions that should be done around 5:30 or so. And then for desert some more Lindt 90% cocoa bar. As much of that stuff as I eat I feel like I should be going to meetings or something.

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Hey, what do you know it worked. The before pic was from the christmas 2009, about 2 months before starting and the other one is fairly current. Still have a way to go, but getting better.
    You Look Great! How much are you down now?
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Well, it seems like the kids have FINALLY gone to sleep and it's time to relax. Took my magnesium citrate and waiting for it to kick in. I've really started to love this shit. For all those out there that don't do shift work and don't know what it's to have you sleep patterns totally fucked, it can make living like a normal person very hard. The magnesium citrate has been a lifesaver, and I don't even get the Natural Calm. That shit is way too expensive. I just get Vitamin Shoppe brand and it works pretty damn good for so far.

Just ate some Lindt Excellence 90% cocoa bar, so that might keep me up for a little while. But anything with 22 grams of fat and 3 grams of sugar per serving can't be all bad.

I LOVE MAGnESIUN CiTRATE!!!
    ♥♥♥
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
    You Look Great! How much are you down now?
    Thanks. So far I'm down to 180 from 250.

Now here is a strange thought that just popped into my head. That before pic I chose doesn't really show how fat I really was. For some reason I was too embarassed to admit how fat I USED to be. Why is that? What's with this residual shame over my former self. Even though I haven't reached my goal yet I have come a long way from where I was. I need to find the WORST fat pic I can find and be totally honest about who I am, and that means admitting who I was.

Ok, well that was a weird thought stream that just came out.

Page 5 of 196 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast