Page 49 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 49

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    It's been a nice holiday. Ate a bunch of food I shouldn't have eaten, drank more beer than I should have drank, and I'm now drinking a glass of wine after watching a good fireworks show. Happy 4th y'all!
    Glad to hear yours was good. At our little fireworks display, you needed alcohol to make it good. At least it was set right by a neighboring towns display last night.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    The Firecracker Fandango here in Odessa is decent. Not on par with Dallas or San Antonio by any stretch of the imagination, but pretty good. I too had a bit more wine and few more Mexican cinnamon cookies than I should have and I, too, really don't give two flying fucks.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Just got back from spending the holiday at the folks house. The kids had a great time with grammy and grampy. I woke up a little early this morning(not sleeping in my own bed). I decided to do some IF'ing and skipped breakfast(except for some coffee). Took the kids down to the beach at the lake for some aquatic fun. After, I felt an strong need to workout, so:

Today's workout:

Warm-up with about a 300 meter run at a moderate pace.
    5 X 100 meter sprints(walking back 100 m for recovery before the next)
    50 Push-ups
    15 chin-ups(on an tree branch)
    20 body weight overhead press

Kept walking in between sets, so I stayed in constant movement the entire time. The workout was short, but the sprints were pretty intense. My legs were on fire after the last one.

After the workout was bacon and eggs. Then the wife went walking around window shopping, mostly just to have some grown-up time together while the kids were with the grandparents. We then had a dinner of steak and grilled vegetables. All in all it was a good day. Now I'm getting ready to have some 90% chocolate and watch some tv.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Dude, that's insane! I love your workouts. You need to keep submitting them to Mark. Hell, see if he'll call 'em Primal Dave's WOD or something. It'd give Mark a break from coming up with them and give you the kudos you deserve for 'em.

Have you considered trying to find and get into a MovNat workshop near you? You seem very natural-movements inspired. I'm jealous over here.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Yep, I'd love to do a MovNat workshop if they ever came to my area, but that $300 price tag makes it a little out of reach right now. You know, it's funny, that workout just kind of happened. I was visiting family and just knew I wanted to get some exercise, so I went outside and started moving and it just happened. Worked out to be a pretty good one too.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Well, It's back to work tonight. Too bad, I really like not going to work. At least it's only an 8 hour night and I'll be home at 3am.

Some DOMS has set in from the sprint workout the other day. feeling it in the calves mostly and a little in the quads. Not real bad(I can still function), but it is noticeable. I'm debating on whether I should workout today or make it a rest day. I know rest is important, but I feel sluggish when I don't workout. If I want to maybe do the Spartan Race in February I need to step up the training. My plan is to do 2 days of weights, 1 day of sprints, and 1 day of longer distance running per week. Anyone out there with experience with this(Patrick? anyone else?) let me know what you suggest. The thought of doing an 8 mile Spartan race is kind of freaking me out a little, but at the same time kind of exciting. I usually do real well when I have a goal to aim for with a clear cut time frame. The race is in February, I can't change that. If I want to be ready for it I will have to push myself accordingly in that time frame. There is no other option.

Decided not to workout yesterday and rest. The weather was pretty crappy and my back was stiff as shit(old wrestling injuries+rainy weather=good times). I'll go out and do something today. Probably not a heavy day. Maybe Tabatas or go for 200 snatches? we'll see.

Just wrote a post on a conversation I had with my step dad about running and running shoes. Runners really love there shoes.

Today's Workout:

160 Kettlebell Snatches
    100 Kettlebell Swings
    Dumbell Rows, 2 sets of 10
    Bulgarian bag Squats, 3 sets of 15

The goal was going to 200 snatches, but I was sweating so damn much I thought the kettlebell was going to go flying out of my hands so i cut them short. Also, if you are feeling sore and stiff, go workout! I feel 100 times better now. I was feeling that way for the last 2 days, and I feel great now that I've worked out. Just needed to get the blood flowing, i guess.

Decided to workout early today. The workout was about at hour 20 of a 21 hour fast.

Today's workout:

2 sets of 5 KB swings, 5 KB high pulls, 5 KB snatches, 5 KB clean and press, and 5 lunges
    See-Saw Press, 3 sets 0f 10
    50 push-ups (5 sets of 10)
    Dumbbell rows, 3 sets of 10
    Sandbag Thrusters, 3 sets of 10

I was feeling some tightness and cramping in my quads(mainly the left one). I think I might have been a bit dehydrated. I'll have to watch that.

After working out I ended the fast with some scrambled eggs with shredded Mexican Blend cheese cooked in butter. After my coffee, I went out and cut the grass, so I got some moving at a slow pace in(with a little extra leg workout pushing the lawn mower up the incline by the lake). Tomorrow I've got some work stuff to do in the AM, but then it will be another pool day with the kids in the afternoon.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Dave, I'm having issues posting comments on your blog. It's not recognizing my wordpress account ID/name, but I know it's right. Has anyone else mentioned anything about that?

If I can post my there, I will. In the meantime, this is what I wrote for your "Conversation with a Runner" post:

Totally agree with ya, Dave. I like to put it this way (typical conversation):

"What happens if you break your arm?"
    "... I get a cast put on?"
    "Yup. What would you say to a doctor who told you to keep it on... forever?"
    "I'd tell him to piss off."
    "Then why are you so set on encasing your feet in what amounts to a permanent cast?"

I hate shoes. And mattresses, actually. We weaken a bit, then create things to encourage and support our weakness. We humans suck.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)