Page 47 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 47

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    That's good news all around -- the workout, your back and the blog! Let us know the blog address when you've got 'er started.

That's fucking awesome! Which niche market are you focusing on, or are you keeping it general?
    Thanks Patrick. The blog should be in the signature line. The market will be general outdoor stuff. I still have some work to do with getting all the business licenses and such(i want this all to be done right, and be a legitimate business) so i'll let everyone know when it is up. There will be a web site as well as an e-bay store. I'm not quitting my day job(or night job in my case) just yet, but I've already discussed it with the wife and if that were possible in the future it may be part of the plan. If that were the case i would then start focusing on fitness stuff as well. Having just finished the Four Hour Work Week(and started reading through it again) I have a different view for my future, and now I have a plan. Nothing is set in stone, so i'll deal with issues as the arise.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Back to work tonight after what may have been the shortest 3 days off ever. I'm convinced that someone is stealing hours from my days. I was going to work out today, but decided against it. I'm tired, feeling some DOMS from the other days workout(don't know why, it wasn't that bad), and it is raining and I don't feel like doing shit. Time to go figure out what I'm going to eat for dinner. I have leftover pork chops from last night, just need something to go with it. OK, I'll stop crying about dumb shit now. I sound pretty whiny.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Woke up pretty early today. Kids were being kids and made plenty of noise. Only about 4.5 hours of sleep. Figured since I was up it would be a good time to get a workout in at the end of a fast.

Today's workout:

2 sets of 6 swing, high pulls, snatches, clean and press, and lunges with kettlebells.
    Push-ups, 20-15-11
    Bulgarian bag cleans into a front squat, 3 sets of 10
    Dumbbell rows, 2 sets of 10
    Sandbag thrusters, 3 sets of 10

I kept the rest periods between sets to just the bare minimum time to catch my breath to keep the intensity level high.

Now for breakfast. Probably bacon and eggs, but I need to let my stomach settle for a little bit after working out.

Well I'm getting the hang of this blogging thing. Just did one on Tabatas, a topic near and dear to my heart.

I hope you all don't think less of me for monitizing the site. A brother's got to try and put some cheddar in his pocket when he can. The google adds are pretty ridiculous. They say they try to put things that apply to your content. Really? Jenny Craig? At least the Amazon stuff I can suggest things I really do support(like Mark's book).

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Well I'm getting the hang of this blogging thing. Just did one on Tabatas, a topic near and dear to my heart.

I hope you all don't think less of me for monitizing the site. A brother's got to try and put some cheddar in his pocket when he can. The google adds are pretty ridiculous. They say they try to put things that apply to your content. Really? Jenny Craig? At least the Amazon stuff I can suggest things I really do support(like Mark's book).
    I finally read your blog. I like it. The Jenny Craig ad made me laugh, especially after seeing your reaction to it. Pretty classic.
    Georgette

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Back to work tonight after what may have been the shortest 3 days off ever. I'm convinced that someone is stealing hours from my days. I was going to work out today, but decided against it. I'm tired, feeling some DOMS from the other days workout(don't know why, it wasn't that bad), and it is raining and I don't feel like doing shit. Time to go figure out what I'm going to eat for dinner. I have leftover pork chops from last night, just need something to go with it. OK, I'll stop crying about dumb shit now. I sound pretty whiny.
    Weird. I was in the exact same mood you were on Wednesday, when you wrote the above. Musta been some kind of cosmic event or something.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Weird. I was in the exact same mood you were on Wednesday, when you wrote the above. Musta been some kind of cosmic event or something.
    Possibly the coming new moon affecting the both of you?
    Georgette

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    It better not make me emotional during my race this weekend! *shakes fist*
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

It better not make me emotional during my race this weekend! *shakes fist*
    It shouldn't. Usually that's what the full moon does. Now if you start hugging random men and say "I love you, man!" Then you know something is up. Good luck this weekend!
    Georgette

I don't know if it was the moon, the lack of sleep, or that it has been raining everyday. Nothing a long weekend won't cure.

Geo: the image of Patrick running around in a pair of shorts and VFF's hugging random men saying "I love you ,man!" is both hilarious and kind of disturbing at the same time.

Patrick: Good luck at the race. I'm sure the adrenaline rush will keep your emotions at bay until it's over. Afterwards you will turn into the hug machine Geo spoke of, but that may be due to the post race celebration beverages.