Page 45 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 1958

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 45

  1. #441
    skink531's Avatar
    skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,838
    Primal Fuel
    Why am I up so early when I have to work all night tonight? Because I am a fucking idiot, that's why. And knowing me I probably won't take a nap later either. As ussual, I will be survivng on massive quantities of caffein. Maybe I'll try to get an early workout in to wear me out so I can take a nap, kind of how I try to wear the kids out to get them to lay down.

  2. #442
    Patrick's Avatar
    Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,127
    Glad your mom's still in the game! Hopefully the combined effects of your progress and hers will make your dad rethink his position on grains.

    That really sucks about your sister and her 500 calories "diet plan." That's what an Auschwitz survivor told me he was given in the camps: a cup of coffee in the mornings and a bowl of soup/broth in the early afternoons with a bit of bread, sometimes. 500 calories, on average. Awesome diet. . . .

    Wait, is she doing the Dr. Bernstein Diet? Maybe that's only in Canada, though it sounds similar. It's basically massive calorie restriction, combined with hormone shots. What the fuck is wrong with people?!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

    I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

  3. #443
    skink531's Avatar
    skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,838
    Yeah, people are stupid. Its called the hCG diet. The best part is they charge you an arm and a leg for it. My sister works in a hospital and gets a discount, so she only pays like $500 for a months supply. That is fucking crazy. But she is always looking for the magic pill instead of making a change in her life. That is why PB worked for me. It was a complete lifestyle change and not a diet. Diets don't work. The hornon thing also has never been shown to work in clinical studies either, so great investment. Everything I've read says it has a placebo effect in the beggining which allows people to stick to 500 cals a day. Yes you will lose weight that way, but you will be eating your own muscle tissue. Not exaclty healthy. And when its over its still up to you to choose a healthy way of eating. So most people will gain all the weight back because they have never addressed the root issue with their lifestyle.

  4. #444
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Yeah, people are stupid. Its called the hCG diet. The best part is they charge you an arm and a leg for it. My sister works in a hospital and gets a discount, so she only pays like $500 for a months supply. That is fucking crazy. But she is always looking for the magic pill instead of making a change in her life. That is why PB worked for me. It was a complete lifestyle change and not a diet. Diets don't work. The hornon thing also has never been shown to work in clinical studies either, so great investment. Everything I've read says it has a placebo effect in the beggining which allows people to stick to 500 cals a day. Yes you will lose weight that way, but you will be eating your own muscle tissue. Not exaclty healthy. And when its over its still up to you to choose a healthy way of eating. So most people will gain all the weight back because they have never addressed the root issue with their lifestyle.

    We have a guy here who did the HCG thing. I asked him if he thought he would have lost weight on 500 calories a day without the HCG. He said no because the HCG is what made him not hungry. Uh huh. I am buying that. not.

  5. #445
    skink531's Avatar
    skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,838
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    We have a guy here who did the HCG thing. I asked him if he thought he would have lost weight on 500 calories a day without the HCG. He said no because the HCG is what made him not hungry. Uh huh. I am buying that. not.
    Yep, some people want to believe so badly they will buy anything. The placebo effect is a very strong thing, but how long until it wears off. All the cases I have read about they do lose weight, you can't help but to while starving yourself, but the end up weak and sick. In the end they gain the weight back, but are metabolically worse off having fed off their own muscle. Meanwhile, I have lost fat and GAINED muscle, and all while feasting on delicious food. Hmmmm....which plan sounds better.

  6. #446
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Meanwhile, I have lost fat and GAINED muscle, and all while feasting on delicious food. Hmmmm....which plan sounds better.
    urban legend. It is only working for you because you are a man/young/old/short/tall/a cop/not a cop/have bacon as an avatar/whatever-I-am-not-because I need my magic pill goddamnit!

    Ah, the excuses people make.

  7. #447
    Patrick's Avatar
    Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    urban legend. It is only working for you because you are a man/young/old/short/tall/a cop/not a cop/have bacon as an avatar/whatever-I-am-not-because I need my magic pill goddamnit!
    Damn! He's on to us!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

    I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

  8. #448
    skink531's Avatar
    skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,838
    So, what kind of a nut job would chose the hottest time of the day in South Florida, when it is in the low 90's in the shade, to go outside to workout? This guy right here. Had to stop and mop up some of the sweat so I wouldn't slip a couple of times. So here was todays workout:

    4 Tabatas of kettlebell snatches with about a 1.5 min rest in between.
    Sandbag Thrusters, 5 sets of 10
    Push-ups, 20-15-10

    Not the longest workout, but the intensity level was kept up high so it was pretty tough. The heat was a little bit of a factor, but nothing that I couldn't deal with.

  9. #449
    skink531's Avatar
    skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,838
    There is a lot of talk on here today about the hCG Diet. I don't want this to turn into me being some closed minded asshole about this, but I just think it is a big mistake. 1)introducing a hormone into your system we there is no need for it is dangerous. Now I am all for natural hormone optimization, done through diet and exercise. 2) Starvation diets will ultimately lead to canabalizing of protein from your own muscle and vital organs. Your muscles ARE your metabolism, so work on building them and not eating them. 3)Here is an article that sums some stuff up. The fact that this is the diet that Kevin Trudeau was trying to sell as "The Weight Loss Cure They Don't Want You to Know About" speaks volumes to me. He is the slimiest of the bottom feeders. Again, you will lose weight by eating 500 cals a day. You will not be healthy and it cannot be maintained over the long haul. I hope I don't come off as being the dick on here, but it is what it is.

  10. #450
    nachobrawler's Avatar
    nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    857
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey Man...just wanted to "warn" you that I used you as a reference and a good example over on GeoStump's journal. I hope you dont mind....

    I got into the game late yesterday regarding that HCG diet bullshit. I'm sorry but that crap really pisses me off. It is precisely that shit and other shit just like it (Weight Watchers, LA Weight Loss) that motivated me to go Primal in the first place. I cannot believe there are people on herein MDA that are buying into that line of horseshit and buying it!

    C'mon people!!!! Seriously????
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •