Page 44 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 44

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Todays workout:

100 kettlebell snatches for time. I did it in 9 minutes, not exactly a record breaking pace.
    Double kettlebell clean and press, 4 sets of 8
    Dumbell rows, 3 sets of 10
    Sandbag Thrusters, 4 sets of 8
    Bulgarian bag clean and front squat, 4 sets of 10

Made a pot of chilli for dinner. It was the bison chilli recipe from Mark's cookbook, but I used grass fed ground beef instead of bison. I also kicked up the spices a bit. I turned out good. Had some 90% chocolate for desert. Just started reading the 4 Hour Workweek, it is interesting so far.

This may sound strange coming from me since I've been the biggest advocate of fuck the scale and numbers don't matter. I have been sitting steady at 178 for a while now, but I wasn't concerned since I was still seeing physical improvements. But this morning I hopped on the scale and it read 174.5. I still say numbers don't matter, but it still felt nice to see the change. I wonder what processes are at work that cause the sudden weight dump like that after so long? Well it seems I have received a request for an updated status photo in my new Grok T-shirt. Once it arrives I will work on getting it done.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Wear it proud man!
    Georgette

Another impromtu IF again today. I woke up and just wasn't that hungry, so I just had some coffee. Later, around 12:30 or so I will have some leftover steak and eggs, and maybe a sliced tomato. Last I ate was a bowl of chilli around 6:30 last night and 2 squares of 90% chocolate at around 9pm.

Today is the last day of school and early release, so when the oldest gets home we are going to a place called the Jump Zone, a bounce house kind of place, so we should have fun. Later on I plan on a workout. I'm thinking of 3 back to back tabatas with the kettlebell and then mix it up with some other stuff after. We'll see what the details are when the time comes.

**Note to self: get some fucking hex dumbells already and start working the Sparticus workout in 1 day a week. Oh yeah, and try to run once in a while, will ya. Remember you want to do a Tough Mudder type of race(although not as tough as the tough mudder just yet) so you had better start getting used to running again.

Todays workout:

2 Tabatas kettlebell snatches
    1 Tabata kettlebell swings
    Push-ups, 20-17-15
    Sandbag Thrusters, 5 sets of 10

This was a shorter workout, but I kept the rest times between sets short to keep the intensity level up.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    **Note to self: get some fucking hex dumbells already and start working the Sparticus workout in 1 day a week. Oh yeah, and try to run once in a while, will ya. Remember you want to do a Tough Mudder type of race(although not as tough as the tough mudder just yet) so you had better start getting used to running again.
    Fuck yeah, man! Do eeet! If you lived closer, I'd bully you into doing the Spartan Race with me. Actually, I'm seeing a Super Spartan on Feb 25, 2012, near Miami. Oleta River State Park, anyway, wherever that is. That one's 8 miles, but you've got some time to train for it. Mine's just a Spartan Sprint: 3+ miles, 10+ obstacles. I think the Super Spartan is 8+ miles, 16+ obstacles. You could kick ass in that!

Also, start barefoot running for sure, but read up on it beforehand. I've never really enjoyed jogging but holy shit... running barefoot is amazing. So freeing and very tactile, now that I'm doing it properly and not giving myself tendinitis. . . .
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Been a busy couple of days. Friday was my youngest 3rd birthday, so I had a large piece of chocolate cake and 2 scoops of ice cream. We'll call it a carb re-feed. Saturday we went to the park. I don't think the other parents thought it was appropriate for me to be climbing on things and running around. Especially since I was climbing up the side of the playground equipment where it wasn't made for climbing. I guess I was channeling Erwan Le Corre and felt an unexplainable need to climb things and hang upside down. The other parents hated it, but my oldest daughter was the happiest kid in the park. We then ran about 5 races around the park, including 1 that was actually pretty far, so I got in a little running even though it was at a slower pace. Today will be a house cleaning day and then a workout later this afternoon.

@Patrick, Oleta isn't too far away, but 8 miles makes me a little nervous. I do have until February to get ready for it though, so I might think about it. I would prefer to start with the 3 mile version, or one similar to it, but 8 months might be enough time to get ready. My problem is motivation. With lifting I am totally self motivated, but with running I have always needed someone there to push me along.

Todays workout:

100 Kettlebell snatches - time 9 min. 5 sec. Have a lot to improve on.
    Dumbell rows, 3 sets of 10
    Push-ups, 20-15-10-5
    Walking lunges carrying the Bulgarian bag, 3 sets up and back across the yard
    Sandbag thrusters, 5 sets of 10

When I think for the RKC test I will have to shave 4 minutes of the snatch time and with a heavy weight I realize I have a long way to go. One funny thing that happened today during the workout, I was doing the lunges across the yard with the bulgarian bag slung over my shoulders so I guess I looked a little funny. My neighbor across the lake walked out onto her porch, looked at me for about 5 seconds, and then turned and went back inside. Maybe she thought there was something wrong with me. She may be right. I did pick the hottest part of the day to workout, 90 degrees and lots of humidity. What can I say, I'm a gluten for punishment.

Watched Game of Thrones tonight, I'm totally addicted to that show now. But waht the fuck, they kill off one of my favorite character? Those son's of bitches.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    LOL Read the books, Dave -- you'll soon learn not to pick a favourite character. George R.R. Martin is a wonderfully merciless writer.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Busy day today. The folks came up from Miami for a belated birthday party with my little one. We went for a picnic at the park. Rotiserie chicken, assorted fruit and berries, and veggies with ranch dip. I made the dip myself so it was pretty primal(homemade mayo, sour cream, and your various herbs and spices). We played at the park for a little while, but it was to damn hot to stay too long. We came home and then I was forced, FORCED I tell you, to eat 4 pieces(yes I said 4) of birthday cake. I don't know what they did different in the bakery, but this cake was fucking good. The cake we had on her real birthday I ate my one piece and never thought about iit again. Not this time. I'm not sweating it. A couple of days of eating crap does not derail me. In fact, it makes me do better. As I lay here feeling kind of bloated and thirsty as fuck(why do grains make me so thirsty, I feel like I could drink a gallon of water right now.) I am looking forward to going back to normal tommorow.

Talking to mom, she's doing well with her switch to primal. Not all the way yet, but getting there. She claims to have lost 8 lbs and then stalled. I asked, more importantly, how do you feel. She says her clothes fit better, she's never hungry, her sciatic nerve stopped bothering her, and the arthritis in her hands is just about gone. I tell her to stop weighing herself, but she doesn't listen. Step-dad still won't give up his "healthy whole grains".

My sister was on some retarded thing where she took this hormon (that was designed for infertility treatment, not weight lose) that is supposed to eliminate your appetite. You then are supposed to eat only 500 calories a day. Well she had to have surgery and the doc said she can't do it during recovery, so that's good. The bad side is she's doing the total opposite and eating everything within arms reach. The 500 cal a day thing is supposed to last for 6 months and then you are supposed to find a diet plan that works for you. 1st off, 500 cals a day for 6 months is called malnutrition and starvation. The starving people in Sally Struthers is trying to help are on my sisters diet appparently. I just don't understand that if you want the results I achieved, why won't you listen to what I'm saying to do.

Its back to work tommorow after 10 days vacation. Just when I got used to not shaving. I have some muse ideas running through my head, and I am seriously concidering them. We shall see where the future takes me.