Page 41 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 41

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Finished todays workout. It was done in a fasted state(well, with the exception of some coffee this morning). I'll just call this Tabata Workout #1:

Burpees Tabata

2 min rest

Sledgehammer Tabata

2 min rest

Kettlebell Snatch Tabata

2 min rest

Kettlebell Swing Tabata

2 min rest

Kettlebell Clean Tabata

2 min rest

Bulgarian Bag Clean to a Front Squat

Its a good thing I was fasted because I would have puked otherwise. Just took a cold shower to cool off and getting ready to eat some lunch.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Damn! You crazy, sir.

I've been doing my modified Spartacus circuit and it's been intense. I like how it's mixed cardio, strength and endurance... exactly what I need!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Dammit!!! I had almost forgoten I wanted to start putting the sSpartacus stuff in there. That's also what I like about doing the multiple Tabatas. You are working the strength side of things with the weight, but you are getting a killer endurance/cardio part to it also. I need to go back and refresh myself with Spartacus. I may need to do some improvising or modifications to work with what weights I have. I should look into some cheap dumbells. Can't hurt to have a few around. What weight would you recommend for that circuit?

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    You could probably use 15 or 20 lb dumbbells without much issue. I use 10 lb and still can't do full station times (modified at 40 sec and not 60!) for the rows and presses. The jump splits/lunge jumps? Fo'getabou'it. I die after 15 seconds.

So yeah. I'd go with 20 lb for you. I'm not as focused on strength stuff as you are, so 10 lb is good for me. I'm trying to keep my body happy with how it seems to want to develop in composition, which is to say more of a lean build vs muscular build.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

I am definitely feeling the affects of yesterdays workout. But it's that sweet soreness that I like. I have no idea if it was a good workout by professional standards or not. All I know is it challenged me and made me push myself. So suck on that Crossfit, who needs you!(just kidding to all those who love Crossfit). One day I hope to educate myself on these things, but until then I will just keep doing what I'm doing and try to find what works.

Work tonight. It's only an 8 hour shift, so no big deal. It's amazing what a difference those 4 hours make between an 8 and a 12 hour shift. This is my short week too, so just today, Friday, and Saturday, and then off again. I'll be home tonight at 3am, and then workout time when I get up. As is normal for me, I have no clue what I'm going to do yet.

So I'm playing with the kids today, and we are pretending to be camping in the living room. My daughter has a tent set up and all her stuffed animal set up around the camp fire. She then tell me she is going to make the food on the fire. She then proceeds to trap one of her stuffed rabbits and cook it. Yep, that's my girl.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    So I'm playing with the kids today, and we are pretending to be camping in the living room. My daughter has a tent set up and all her stuffed animal set up around the camp fire. She then tell me she is going to make the food on the fire. She then proceeds to trap one of her stuffed rabbits and cook it. Yep, that's my girl.
    Too cute!

Got home at 3am, asleep at 4, up at 10. 3 cups of coffee with breakfast, and now another cup before getting ready for work. I'm sure I'll have another cup in the middle of the night. Yep, it's going to be one of those nights.

Todays workout:

I was reading up on the RKC tests and saw I would need to snatch a 53# kettlebell 100 times in 5 minutes. Yes it is a distant future goal, but I thought id see how i'd do. I used a 40# bell and still only got 60 reps in 5 minutes. Have a ways to go. Now the rest of the workout

Double kettlebell cleans into a front squat, 3 sets of 8
    Push-ups, 20-15-10
    Kettlebell rows, 3 sets of 10
    Sandbag Thrusters, 6 sets of 10
    Turkish Get-ups, 5 left side, 5 right side

It was humid as fuck out today, so I sweat like a motherfucker. I looked like I had jumped in the lake.

Well, time to get ready for work.

Woke up early today, so I'm gonna be tired tonight(what's new). It was just too noisy in the house to get in real sleep. Kids were just being kids, so I can't be angry about it. It's Friday for, so I will have 3 days off to recover. Just ate some scambled eggs with sausage and diced onions, topped with roasted garlic salsa. If they ever told me salsa wasn't primal I would cry. Now I'm sipping the first of many cups of coffee.

So last night a friend of mine was dragged. Yep I said dragged, about 150 feet. He was assigned to a DUI check point. This dude pulls up and is hammered. He tells the guy to turn of his car and the guy won't do it. He then reaches in to turn off the engine(not the brightest move, I know). With his arm inside, the guy rolls up the window, pinning his arm, and then takes off pulling my buddy with him. After about 150 feet he pulls his arm out and rolls on the ground. The guy goes a little further and then crashes. All this because he was drunk and had a little weed. Now he's facing felony charges and my buddy is out of work with injuries(luckily they weren't bad). What the fuck is wrong with people.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    OMG. So sorry to hear about your buddy. I hope your buddy's ok and not too shook up about this. Be safe tonight.

BTW, I have a youtube vid on my journal you may be interested in.

Just checked out that video, and yes that would be super bad-ass to do. I just don't have an extra $1200 laying around at the moment.