Page 40 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 40

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I was finally able to check out the latest pic and you definitely need a new pair of jeans lol. I think the wife would like that.
    Georgette

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Yep, the new jeans will have to wait until payday though. I just thought it was funny that I anticipated size 34 and it was a 32. I guess all the squats I've been doing have been paying off. The regular fit jeans, although loose in the waist, were a little tight in the thighs. I'll have to look for the relaxed fit.

Old Navy's relaxed and loose fits are great. Stumpy wears their loose fit. I think that once he starts the new job, he'll be in a 38" waist not too far off. He's always had the thigh problem and that's from playing football all 4 years in high school. He has some wicked thighs.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Geek has a similar problem. I don't think they still carry it, but Old Navy's Loose Straight were what he'd go for, with loose cut Levi's (no clue what the number is, sorry, it's a loose boot cut) as a second option. In reality, his size is as hard to find as mine, but for a different reason (apparently, 31x32s are one of the most popular sizes and they're always gone by the time he gets there.) He has a similar issue with shirts: His shoulders, neck, chest, and arms are a medium, while the rest is a small. American Eagle vintage fit and Old Navy smalls, along with the Express MX1 line and certain variations of Gap t-shirts are about all he can wear without having gobs of excess fabric around his abdomen.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I forgot to mention, Stumpy's now wearing my XL tees. Thank God I have a lot of men's XL shirts or he'd be screwed.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I forgot to mention, Stumpy's now wearing my XL tees. Thank God I have a lot of men's XL shirts or he'd be screwed.
    Back in college, I used to swipe Geek's button downs to wear over whatever tshirt/ tank top I was wearing that day, after I was gently told that Hawaiian shirts didn't look good on me. I guess I could go back to doing that now that I'm my college size (smaller, actually.)

(I need to pick up more army/ navy surplus cargo pants. I miss those.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Its been a good day today. After picking my oldest up from school, we've spent the day palying outside. We dug in the sandbox, had a good game of backyard tag, and then played in the hose. Fun had all around. The girls are taking a Spongebob break while I am waiting for the coals to get just right on the grill. Definitely obeying the primal laws today.

Spongebob. I love Spongebob.
    Georgette

Ohhhhhhhhh...who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Well dinner was awesome. NY Strip cooked over mesquite coals, with a giant mixed green salad. Later I have some 90% chocolate waiting for me.

Tomorrow is a workout day. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. I want to do something so brutal it will be banned in most countries for violating the Geneva Convention or something. Maybe a bad-ass circuit or multiple back to back Tabatas(who knows, maybe both). Hmmm....so many choices.