Page 39 of 196 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 39

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nachobrawler View Post
    @ Skink...Wow! You only fill them half way. You've lost half of yourself....

How much are you down now? And how long have you been primal???
    Yeah, I really need to buy some new jeans, but i'm cheap.

I've been at a steady 178 for a little while now. I say that almost sounding disappointed, but having started at 250 I should shut the fuck up and be happy. I wish I had gotten my body fat percentage measured when I started so I could really tell what the change is. I know I've put on some muscle, so I wish I could know how much actual fat weight I've lost.

Oh, and I went Primal about a year and 3 or 4 months ago. Not blazingly fast weight lose, but steady.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    From 250 to 178 in a little over a year is flat-out fucking awesome. The end.

PS: Definitely get some new jeans, sir.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Oh, and I went Primal about a year and 3 or 4 months ago. Not blazingly fast weight lose, but steady.
    Hey, we went Primal around the same time! I think if I'd lost that much weight I'd A) be dead and B ) would hafta stand in the same place 3 times to cast a shadow.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Hey, we went Primal around the same time! I think if I'd lost that much weight I'd A) be dead and B ) would hafta stand in the same place 3 times to cast a shadow.
    HAHA, yeah, we may have started at the same time, but at very different physical starting points.

And Patrick, yes, come payday i am going to break down and get some new pants. I might even get a shirt or 2 that fits.

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Skink...I second what Patrick said. 250 to 178 in a year is exactly what this lifestyle is about! Damn man, 72 lbs! Holy Christ...

But how did you not buy new clothes between then and now? Especially pants? You couldnt possibly wear those big ass jeans anymore....they are twice your size in the waist.

Anyway, yes man, get some new clothes. You deserve it...

Damn Man 72 lbs!
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by nachobrawler View Post
    Skink...I second what Patrick said. 250 to 178 in a year is exactly what this lifestyle is about! Damn man, 72 lbs! Holy Christ...

But how did you not buy new clothes between then and now? Especially pants? You couldnt possibly wear those big ass jeans anymore....they are twice your size in the waist.

Anyway, yes man, get some new clothes. You deserve it...

Damn Man 72 lbs!
    Thanks. Yeah, gonna gets some clothes that fit. Right now I just have to leave my shirt untucked so you can't see the pants. Oh, and I have to make sure I have a really good belt to hold them up. Come to think of it, when I get new pants I'll get a belt that doesn't have holes I punched in it myself.

It is convenient to not have to undo my pants to take them off though.

I'm pretty fucking tired right now. 6 hours down, 6 hours to go. Just picked up a big-ass coffee(Mmmm...gas station coffee) so that should help a little. Note to self: staying awake for 24 hours is not good to do(and not very primal).

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    So, Skink, you are on patrol at night? I didnt recall that you were a police officer. Thats fantastic man. And you are patroling the streets of Ft. Lauderdale at night? I bet you see some F--ed up shit. I dont think its come up before anywhere else so I'll tell you now, I lived in South Florida for 3 years. From 96-99. I lived in and around Boynton Beach (off of Gateway Ave). At the time, I loved living in Florida. But I am so glad we moved here to NC. I love it here.

Hope you recover...get some sleep....
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So I tried on a pair of jeans today to see what size I wear now. I tried on some size 33 waist jeans and they were just a tad bit loose. I gotta say, I was a little surprized.

Today's workout:

Tabata of Kettlebell snatches
    2 sets each side of 5 swings, 5 snatches, 5 high-pulls, 5 cleans, 5 clean and press, 5 lunges
    Dumbell rows, 3 sets of 10
    Sandbag Thrusters, 6 sest of 10
    Push-ups, 3 sets to failure

Food has all been primal, nothing special to speak of.