Page 38 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 38

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Did plenty of moving at a slow pace today. Trips to home depot picking up decoritive rocks and sand for landscaping. So moving and carrying heavy things at a slow pace. Later we took the kids to the park. It was a good day. Oh, in case you've ever wondered, Home Depot employees will give you a mix of dirty and confused looks when you run down the isles pushing a racing car shopping cart with a small child in it. Oh well, no one told me to stop so I didn't.

The brisket turned out excellent. Had that with a giant salad. Getting ready now to enjoy some 90% dark chocolate.

Got the bulgarian bag done, and like I said it is about 50#. It will be good for some things, but I think I will go back tomorow and make another one a little lighter to do other things. Considering it only costs around $17 to make, it won't be that bad. I saw one online for around $215!!! Are fucking kidding me? So there's is leather and has a couple extra handles, it ain't worth an extra $200.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Wow!!! I need to make one of those now! That's a damn nice set of equipment you have there!
    Georgette

Woke up this morning and made some scrmbled eggs with seage sausage topped with roasted garlic salsa(I love this stuff). My wife has also found a way to benefit from the PB. As I'm sitting on the couch drinking coffee she says "do you want to make me an omlette?" Well of course my answer was "not really". Here response was how could I expect her to stick to this way of eating if I won't help her. Touche. Needless to say I got my ass off the couch and made her an omlette with sauteed onions and mushrooms, and added a little fresh mozzerella. I spent more time on her breakfast than I did on my own.

After breakfast I her my youngest yelling "daddy look at me". She has her feet on the book shelf and is stretched out with her hands on the couch, making a little human bridge. As impressed as I am with her physical ability, I tell her to get down 'cuz we don't want booboos.

We'll be of to the store I a little while. I think I will make the slightly lighter bulgarian bag today. I will want a lighter one for more endurance type work.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    After breakfast I her my youngest yelling "daddy look at me". She has her feet on the book shelf and is stretched out with her hands on the couch, making a little human bridge. As impressed as I am with her physical ability, I tell her to get down 'cuz we don't want booboos.
    Hahaha! That makes for such a great mental image.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Hahaha! That makes for such a great mental image.
    Yep.. it was one of those times you wish you had your camera with you.

So I've been thinking(yep, thought I'd try something new). I now really love fitness. I love working out. In fact it has become a passion. I look at my workouts as part of my fun activities during the week, and the harder ones most of all. Reading Patrick's journal about his thoughts on work have got me thinking. Now don't get me wrong, I love what I do right now and would have a hard time picturing myself as not a cop. But I think I would like to work on doing something on the fitness side of things as well. Maybe even do something with it at my department. Now I know I still have quite a way to go improving myself before I'm ready to start improving others, but i think this may be a long term goal. I would love to do some kind of functional training(MovNat Style) type of thing. So first, whip myself into better shape. Second, get a certification like NSCA or something. Third, maybe an RKC kettlebell certification. I also think MovNat is going to start certifying people in the future, so that too. The next step would be to approach my department about it. Even if they aren't on-board it would be something I would like to do as a second job. It is kind of wierd, a little over a year ago I was this fat slob couch potato, and now I want to do this.

Like I said, I still have a ways to go on myself before I'm ready to make this happen. It's good to have goals though, right?

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    That sounds brilliant, Dave! I say go for it! Like you said, you don't have to quit the force or anything. This is something you can get settled into over time.

And yes, MovNat has a kind of certification process, but I'm not sure how in depth it is or whatnot. However, I know that some of their seminars are done by people other than Vic and Erwan, so there are certified instructors out there. Toronto had one a few weekends ago, for instance.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Today's workout:

Warm-up of putting together the smaller bulgarian bag.

Tabata Snatches
    Tabata Swings
    Push-ups 25,17,11
    Kettlebell Clean and Press, 4 sets of 8
    Bulgarian Bag Cleans into a Front Squat, 5 sets of 10
    Bulgarian bag thrown over shoulder(alternating side), 2 seta of 10
    Walking Lunges w/Bulgarian bag, 4 sets of 15

In a little bit I will have a dinner of leftovers and a salad.

Breakfast today of 3 scrambled eggs with sage sausage, topped with roasted garlic salsa. 3 large cups of coffee this morning. For dinner later I will polish off the rest of the leftovers. I work tonight, so more coffee will be coming later, but no food until tomorrow. That's my version of IF. I don't stick to a tight schedule like the lean gains model, although I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I just let my IF's fall where they may and last as long as the last. I'll see if I can get a nap in later, but probably not. My first day back usually ends up being a 24 hour day. I know it isn't good, it's just how it always works out.

Just thought I share this. These jeans used to be very snug on me.

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Just thought I share this. These jeans used to be very snug on me.

@ Skink...Wow! You only fill them half way. You've lost half of yourself....

How much are you down now? And how long have you been primal???
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix