Page 36 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 36

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    @Nacho: you know, I've never drank the cream strait up. I was never a big milk drinker, other than using to add to other stuff. I'll have to try it.

@Geo: that may not be the most cost effective way to get your butter, but I guess it would work in a pinch. and yes buttery coffee is very good.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    When I'm in the mood for almond pancakes, I will thaw out some frozen berries and make some vanilla whipping cream. Good eats

Todays food: breakfast was 3 eggs scrambled and 5 strips of bacon, 2 cups of coffee with heavy cream. For dinner tonight I have a sirloin tip steak thawing. That with a big salad.

I'm planning on working out today befor getting ready for work. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. I'm having a little bit of delayed onset muscle soreness. The abs are a bit sore today from the burpee clean and press things the other day. Funny how they didn't start getting sore until today.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    True, but I love when that soreness hits.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    True, but I love when that soreness hits.
    Yep, me too. Lets me know I'm doing it right.

Todays workout:

1 Tabata kettlebell snatches
    1 Tabata kettlebell swings
    1 Tabata Burpees
    Kettlebell clean and press 4 sets of 8
    Dumbell rows 3 sets of 10
    Push-Ups 3 sets to failure.
    Front Squates 4 sets of 8

I thought I was going to die in the Tabata of Burpees, good times.

That's a whole lotta Tabata!

Also, I'm curious: what's your push-up failure number, currently? (max reps)
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    That's a whole lotta Tabata!

Also, I'm curious: what's your push-up failure number, currently? (max reps)
    HAHA, lotta tabata. Patrick the Poet(see what I did there with the P's).

The push-up failure number depends where in the workout I put them. The normal will be around 20(although today was at around 15) for the first set and then drop by 1 or 2 after. I could probably get a few more out if I got sloppy with the form, but I don't see that as helping. My goal is to get back to my Academy days when I could crank out 100, but I have a long way to go. I should probably check out the Simple Fit you are doing, it would probably help.

Nice. We're at about the same for push-ups. Was just curious.

SimpleFit might help, but I think just dropping and doing a set two or three times a day would be more beneficial. I'm seeing huge gains in the last two days (vs before I hurt my chest 7 weeks ago) with pull-ups by just cranking out my max and then going for more by kipping. I'm where I was before the injury, with only a few goes at the bar in all that time! But I'm doing them whenever I go past it, whether it's wide-grip, closer-grip, chin-ups or parallel pull-up whatevers. I just do 'em. Same with dips and push-ups. If I'm feeling restless, I'll just drop and do 20 push-ups, which is close to my failure point. When I'm in the bathroom, I'll use the edge of my tub to do dips or hold an elevated plank.

I just like doing. So many opportunities to just do stuff in our daily lives. I hate wasting it. I often do dips and the plank and such while watching TV, just using my crappy IKEA coffee table.

You know, you're right. I have a ton of down time during the day. I need to start doing things like that. Damn Patrick, you're just full of good shit! I'll tell you, I've really gained a lot from the online community here. Keep it up primal peeps!

Dinner last night was sirloin tip steak, a big salad, and some sausage my wife found that had sun dried tomatoes and mozzerella cheese. The steak tasted ok, but was a little tough. I'm not used to cooking with these kind of steaks. I'm used to things like rib eyes that just need some salt and pepper and then thrown on the grill or broiler for a few minutes. I know with the tougher cuts you need to marinate them and maybe cook a little different. I can handle the marinade ok, it just takes a little more prep time than what I'm used to. But does anyone know of differnt ways to cook them? I always here about braising, but I've never cooked that way and wouldn't know where to begin. With the budget getting a little tighter these days I need to learn to cook the cheaper cuts, so I'm going to need to learn. If I could afford to eat rib eye every day I would.

Worked last night and holy shit was I tired. At about 4am I was trying to write a report and could barely get my eyes to focus on the computer screen. Home at about 7:15 and fell asleep right away. Up today around 1:45. For breakfast I chopped up some bacon and cooked it with some leftover steak I sliced up real thin, and then threw some eggs on top and scrambled all together. Tasted pretty good. 1 cup of coffee down and plenty more to follow.

Tonight is my friday(WOOHOO!!!). 3 days off after this. Need to do something fun. We haven't gone and done somthing fun in a while, but what?