Page 32 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 32

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    After all, people aren't one thing. They're like a sword: the material is an alloy, the synthesis of individual extremes wrapped into one; tempered by time; and honed by family, friends and life experiences.
    By the way, Patrick this is a great analogy. I'm going to steal it.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Steal away, sir!

That chili sounds good. I'll admit my cooking is very limited. Or rather I limit my cooking. I have a few favourites and I just cycle those. I ought to branch out a bit more and experiment. Primal/Paleo foods are so damn good that it's hard to think of an excuse for me to only keep to the ol' tried and true.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Primal/Paleo foods are so damn good that it's hard to think of an excuse for me to only keep to the ol' tried and true.
    Isnt that the fucking truth! I was just thinking the other day, last Saturday, while I bought pork ribs to make for dinner that night...God, I love this lifestyle! I get to cook and eat the main foods I love the most in life AND I'm dropping body fat and living healthy. Ladies and gents, it really doesn't get better than this. Not on this planet...in this life.
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Yep, PB fucking rocks

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Yep, PB fucking rocks
    Hell yes it does!!
    Georgette

When talking to my mom on mothers day we got on the topic of diet and weight lose. my mom is actually pretty healthy for being 70 years old. She looks younger and is more active than than women 10-15 years younger than her, but she isn't happy with her weight and body composition. But she's more worried about my older sister. Apparently her doctor is worried. My sister is just shy of 5 feet tall and weighs almost 300 lbs.I've never really talked about my way of eating with my family other than the basic. They're not really open to new ideas and I don't share it with people that aren't open to learn. But now she is saying her doctor wants to give her hormones to give her metabolism a kick start and that just sounds like a bad idea to me. So I went in to detail, recomended some books and blogs to check out, and told them when they want to know more come and talk to me. Well my mom has ordered her own copy of the Primal Blueprint. She may be willing to give it a shot, but I know my step-father will have a hard time getting on board with it. And if he doesn't support she is less likely to. But everyone has been amazed with my results and they speak for themselves. Hopefully I will have some converts in the family. We plan on going down to visit soon for a belated mothers day dinner, so I will try to have some good conversations about it. I never want to sound preachy about it though, that just turns people off. If they WANT to talk about it then I will.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    so I will try to have some good conversations about it. I never want to sound preachy about it though, that just turns people off. If they WANT to talk about it then I will.
    Sorry to hear about your sister, Dave! I think you have the right approach, though. You could also talk to your sister one-on-one and let her know there's a healthier and natural way to kick-start her metabolism via living Primally. Transferring over to this lifestyle is a pretty solid kick in the ass, I'd say!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Thanks Patrick. Unfortunately, being the youngest, I'm not the most listened to of the siblings. Hopefully that will change. My sister has struggled with weight for a long time, constantly going up and down(but never that for down). She even tried the Lap-Band surgery with no success. In the past she has used the excuse of her husband and kids wont want to eat healthy food. Her house is always full of chips, soda, and pizza. Well her kids are grown, and I don't think her husband will complain about steak for dinner.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Patrick. Unfortunately, being the youngest, I'm not the most listened to of the siblings. Hopefully that will change. My sister has struggled with weight for a long time, constantly going up and down(but never that for down). She even tried the Lap-Band surgery with no success. In the past she has used the excuse of her husband and kids wont want to eat healthy food. Her house is always full of chips, soda, and pizza. Well her kids are grown, and I don't think her husband will complain about steak for dinner.
    Considering the fact that you said the lap band didn't work then you have to look at this from the standpoint that there is something mentally going on with your sister. The lap band can help with the physical aspect of weight loss but until she gets the mental down it'll never be fixed. My second oldest sis was going to have gastric bypass done 10 yrs ago. She went through all the tests and told me she passed but couldn't afford to have the surgery done. I knew that was a crock of shit because Ohio State does them for free and that was where she was going to have it done at. I found out from my oldest niece that the true reason why her mom wasn't going to have it done was due to the fact that she couldn't pass the psych eval. So yeah, there may be something going on with your sister mentally and she could be using food as her crutch.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Considering the fact that you said the lap band didn't work then you have to look at this from the standpoint that there is something mentally going on with your sister. The lap band can help with the physical aspect of weight loss but until she gets the mental down it'll never be fixed. My second oldest sis was going to have gastric bypass done 10 yrs ago. She went through all the tests and told me she passed but couldn't afford to have the surgery done. I knew that was a crock of shit because Ohio State does them for free and that was where she was going to have it done at. I found out from my oldest niece that the true reason why her mom wasn't going to have it done was due to the fact that she couldn't pass the psych eval. So yeah, there may be something going on with your sister mentally and she could be using food as her crutch.
    Yep, I've been saying this for years. I am hoping that adopting the PB "Lifestyle" and not just doing a diet might help with this.