Page 30 of 196 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 30

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Don't knock a refeed! I find they work wonders. Go to town and enjoy!

So who's bday?
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    It was a party for my oldest daughter's 6th birthday. Today isn't actually her birthday, but we had to have it early so all the kids she wanted to invite could come. So technically today was her un-birthday party. I only ended up eating 1 piece of pizza. It wasn't that great and the kids were devouring it anyway. I ate 2 pieces of cake, but they cut the pieces small. I had 1 piece of cake by my standards. I could have ordered more food there, but I just kept thinking the leftover grass fed brisket I have at home tastes better than any of the crap they had there. So we came home and I ate brisket while the rest had more cake. Having a couple more cups of coffee before getting ready for work. All in all it was a good time. Got to do some climbing, crawling, and sliding, but not a whole lot of bouncing(they were watching like hawks).

Up at 2pm, breakfast of 4 eggs and 8 slices of bacon. I know, but it was the end of a 22 hour fast, so i was hungry. 3 cups of coffee with heavy cream. Later I will be cooking a nice mother's day dinner of rib-eye steaks and some kind of vegetable.

Happy Mother's day to all you primal mothers out there. Here is one of my favorite song about mothers for your enjoyment.

Yesterdays dinner ended up being New York strips instead of rib-eyes. They turned out really good. It must have been, my wife, who normally won't finish a whole steak, devoured it. It was very simply seasoned with sea salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. To go with it I made sweet potato fries(fried in lard, of course). I had a salad with mine.

Breakfats today will be some sausage and scrambled eggs topped with salsa. Don't know what dinner will be yet.

Today is a workout day. I don't know waht I'm going to do yet. I really want it to be a gut buster. Any suggestions from the primal community?

Had a good workout today.

4 Tabatas. 2 kettlebell snatches, 2 kettlebell swings. Took about a 45 second rest between each.
    Push-ups. 3 sets to failure, then 1 set on the knees to failure.
    Sandbag thrusters 3 sets of 10
    Front Squats 3 sets of 10

For the record, 4 tabatas back to back will make you want to puke.

Just picked up about 35 pounds of meat(grass fed of course). I had ordered 6# of skirt steak, but they were out. They replaced it with sirloin tip steaks at the same price. Those run $2 more a pound, so I made out pretty good.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    MMMMMM Sirloin tips. Dammit, now I'm jealous.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    MMMMMM Sirloin tips. Dammit, now I'm jealous.
    I also got a bunch of Delmonico steaks. Now be jealous .

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    I also got a bunch of Delmonico steaks. Now be jealous .
    berker breker berker foo grrrrrr. that means I'm jealous.
    Georgette

Dinner last night was kept pretty simple. Hamburgers with sliced tomatoes, onions and pickles with dijon mustard. Everything except a bun. For breakfast today was 3 egss scambled, 3 strips of bacon, and some leftover steak from the other day. It tasted pretty damn good and I didn't over stuff myself. For dinner tonight I'll probably thaw out steak or something and have it with a big salad.

So my oldest daughter got very upset. I'll tell the whole story so it makes sense. I was rearranging things and had the storm panels leaning against the house in the backyard. For those who don't live in hurricane land they are big aluminum panels that cover the windows. My oldest wanted to go outside and my wife said not until dad put the panels back in the garageor it will be dangerous. My daughter suggested we all go out and do it together. My wife said no only daddy can do it because daddy is stronger. My daughter needed more convincing so my wife went on to say no, only daddy is strong enough because daddy is a boy and boys are stronger than girls and that's just the way it is. I don't think my wife ment it the way it came out. She just wanted her not to go out and mess with the panels. I came in the house and saw my daughter sitting alone crying. Seeing my children cry breaks my heart and when she told me she was crying because she won't be strong it was even worse. I explained to her if she lives a healthy life then she will be as strong as anyone and stronger than most if she wants to be. I want her to know she can do anything. Nothing is out of her reach. Having been a male I never felt like limitations were ever put on me. Until I had girls of my own I never really gave it much thought. All the crap girls have to hear growing up about what they can and can't do makes me angry now. I plan on working hard to make sure my girls know better, but they are getting so many mixed messages from so many place. What does it mean to be a girl? How about you primal ladies out there? What are you experiences and what do you suggest?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Change of plans. Chili for dinner tonight .