Page 3 of 196 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 3

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Vacation over and back to work today. Really need to work on winning the lottery, I kind of like the whole not going to work thing.

The eating on vacation got progressively worse. Camp fires with the kids...how could I not do 'smores and hobo pies. It was really nice being in a small town for a while, but the restaurant choices were pretty limited and if I wanted to actually ENJOY the meal, it wasn't very primal.

Back home now and have had no problem returning to 100% PB. To tell the truth I was looking forward to it, I was really feeling like crap.

Don't know if it is related to eating all the junk or not, but I got sick on the last day of vacation. Went to the doctor today before coming to work and they gave me a Z-Pack for an infection in my throat. Getting sick has become pretty rare for me, so maybe there is some connection there. Doc said he would give me a note to get out of work, but calling in sick on your first day back after about 3 weeks off? Note or not I don't think the boss would have bought it. It was pretty tempting though after my oldest ran over and hugged my crying saying she didn't want me to go back to work. It must be fun having dad around more since I'm just a big kid myself.

So I'm at work, still sick, missing my kids, and dreamimg of winning the lottery. All while in the middle of a 18 -20 hour fast. At least the fasting part is easy. Life is good.

So I got on the scale when we got home, not that it is that important, and noticed I was about 10 lbs heavier than when we left. I know most of it is just water since 4 of it is gone in the first 2 days home. Just want to get rid of the rest to feel like myself again. I don't know what is worse, being sick or felling all bloated. Oh yeah, and I had indigestion and a little heartburn the other day after eating all the crap. I haven't had that in a year since PB. I used to eat Tums like they were candy. Never want to go back to that.

Looking forward to working out again(when I feel better). Last work out I did on vacation was prtetty tough though. 100 burbees followed by 3 sets of rotations of push-ups, shoulder presses, and dips. Then 4 sets of air squats.

Well work is now over...got busy enough I never had a chance to hit the post button. Off to bed.

At work and still sick. The fever/achy shit appears to be gone, but my throat feels like someone took a belt sander to it and is as red as a ripe tomatoe. So I'm sick enough to be all pissed off, and well enough to fuck someone up. Not a good night to piss me off.

Woke up today at about 1:45pm and had 6 strips of bacon and 3 whole eggs and 3 egg yolks scambled in bacon grease. And of course my ussual 3 cups of coffee with heavy cream. Will fast until tommorow with the exception of the coffee I'm drinking right now.

Sleep has been good for a while now. That Magnesium Citrate stuff actually works. Thank god...I had enough stress without adding no sleep to it.

Need to start looking up info on probiotics since I know the Z-Pack is bound to fuck up my insides. I have no clue as to what makes a good one.

I have been really wondering lately, Am I killing myself by working nights? Is there a way to not fuck yourself up doing it? Thing is, I REALLY hate day shift. Nothing but paperwork and ass kissing. I am severely difficient in my ass kissing skills. Besides, the fun starts when the sun goes down. Not to mention I get a little down time to come on MDA. Plus I can see the kids more when I work nights. Of course If the governor fucks the retirement system the way he wants to I will end up taking a pay cut. I would hate to have to change careers, I kinda like this one. I heard guys working in Crime Scene/HAZMAT clean-up are making over $100k a year. And if enough of us have to leave the road because we can't afford to support our families, then I'm sure there will be no shortages in crime scenes to clean. Especially in this South Florida shit hole. Hope it won't even be an issue. I just want to keep doing what I'm doing....at least until I hit the Power Ball, then fuck all y'all. Governor Scott can kiss my ass.

OK, well that was some nonsensicle rambling. I'll stop ranting now.

Work week is finally over and have 3 days off. I was hoping to never go back to work, but I didn't get shit on the Powerball.

I was thinking about something that was said to me not long ago that I thought was one of the dumbest things I've been told. I was told by someone that they would have a real hard time eating my way since they would get tired of eating the same breakfast as I do all the time. I have eggs in some form every day. Usually bacon and eggs, sausage and eggs, steak and eggs, or an omlette of some kind. Is this boring? Maybe, I don't know. I think it's pretty fucking good. The thing that got me was the person saying it eats the same damn bowl of "healthy" corn flakes with a chopped up banana in skim milk EVERY MORNING. So my eggs would get boring but that is good?

Well I'm 100% healthy now....all of the funk I had is gone. Still think it was brought on by the crap I ate on vacation. All the weight I gained must have been water because it's all gone. Been eating good(100% PB) and feeling alot better.

My first workout the other day after taking time off for being sick kicked my ass...I was sore for days. I might have tried to go too hard too quick. Getting ready to go do it again. No real plan, just going to do a combination of kettlebells, sand bags, and body weight stuff. Just making it up as I go. Keep it pretty random. Don't know if it's the most effective, but it's what I feel like.

After that I have T-Bones ready to grill for dinner. Yes what I eat is SOOOO boring. I'll stick to my steak and big ass salad for dinner, the rest can stick to their whole grain flavorless crap and tell me I need to worry about all that fat. Oh, what's that...you need to lose weight and I've lost 70 lbs? Please give me more health advise.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    I was told by someone that they would have a real hard time eating my way since they would get tired of eating the same breakfast as I do all the time. I have eggs in some form every day. Usually bacon and eggs, sausage and eggs, steak and eggs, or an omlette of some kind. Is this boring? Maybe, I don't know. I think it's pretty fucking good. The thing that got me was the person saying it eats the same damn bowl of "healthy" corn flakes with a chopped up banana in skim milk EVERY MORNING. So my eggs would get boring but that is good?
    Jealousy, sir, jealousy. They punish themselves every morning because they think it's good for them, and deride you because they don't get how you're losing weight with awesome food that they consider "weekend food." (Anyone else used to think that? Pre-Primal, I always thought of bacon and eggs as a Sunday morning treat. heh)

No real plan, just going to do a combination of kettlebells, sand bags, and body weight stuff. Just making it up as I go. Keep it pretty random. Don't know if it's the most effective, but it's what I feel like.
    I'd say carry on. No need for a plan or timers or anything if you're self-motivated. Me? Not so much. How do you find the kettlebells?

Oh, what's that...you need to lose weight and I've lost 70 lbs? Please give me more health advise.
    Exactly. Keep kicking ass!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Got to sleep in today and it felt pretty good. Today is going to be a shopping day with the family so we'll just call it moving frequently at a slow pace. Breakfast today of bacon and eggs(yeah, that's right same old boring stuff again), and of course 3 cups of coffee with heavy cream.

Yesterdays workout felt really good. Lasted about 30 minutes or so and I felt like I was going to puke at the end. My chest has that I don't know, sweet soreness feeling today. I have been going a little harder on the push-ups. I want to work up to at least 100 consecutive with good form. I have a long way to go. If I could do it in my 20's there's no reason not to in my late 30's. Of course back then I was in the academy and was doing more push-ups in a day than the population some small countries.

Family wants Chili's for dinner later. I'll probably go with the steak fajitas without the tortillas and extra pico de gallo and sour cream. I'm sure it will be cooked in some kind of shitty oil, but what can you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Jealousy, sir, jealousy. They punish themselves every morning because they think it's good for them, and deride you because they don't get how you're losing weight with awesome food that they consider "weekend food." (Anyone else used to think that? Pre-Primal, I always thought of bacon and eggs as a Sunday morning treat. heh)

I'd say carry on. No need for a plan or timers or anything if you're self-motivated. Me? Not so much. How do you find the kettlebells?

Exactly. Keep kicking ass!
    Punish themselves with that food is exactly right. This person has autoimmune issues and won't listen when I say PB will help with that. I can see the weekend food thing...the bacon I have is actually called Sunday Bacon.

As for the kettlebells, I fucking love them. I can't imagine life without them. I got them through Walmart pretty cheap...I know they are an evil empire and all, but I'm on a budget.

Shopping with the family today. Spent way too much money. Daddy has a hard time saying no. tried to make it fun, but it wasn't always appreciated by the other people in the store. Apparently racing the kids in the shopping cart through the store is frowned upon. But the kids wanted to play "crazy driver" and like I said, daddy can't say no. Besides, I invented the game.

Early dinner at Chilis. I did go with the fajitas even with the nasty oil I'm sure they used. I never really noticed this before, but without the filler of rice, beans, and tortillas, it really isn't that big of a serving of food. So later when we got home I was hungry again. Had some leftover steak and sliced a big-ass tomatoe and drissled it with EVOO and balsamic vinegar. I must say, my steak is better than theirs. A little bit ago I just had some 90% dark chocolate. My wife can't stand it, but I actually find it sweet. She hasn't kicked the sugar habit yet though. I keep telling her that her taste buds will change. But for now she thinks it taste like chocolate flavored bitter chalk. That's ok...more for me.

Well I had planned on making this whole elaborate workout in the backyard today where I would go from station to station using kettlebells, sandbags, sledgehammer, and body weight stations. I was going to see how many rounds I could do in 30 minutes. Then the rain came. Then of course the kids wanted to play in the rain, and since I can't say no to them the proceeded to turn the back yard into a mud bog. So my elaborate plan is out. I'll just make some random shit up again. It's ok though....my random workouts usually kick my ass.

Almost forgot to mention my discovery while shopping. I decided to get some more gym shorts for exercising amd discovered I now wear a size MEDIUM. Considering my previous size was BIG FAT ASS I was pretty amazed to see I am now a medium. An the T-shirt went from size CIRCUS TENT to a regular old LARGE. It may not seem like much, but it felt good to buy normal people clothes again.

Well off tho make up a workout, and then a left over T-bone steak and a big ass salad for dinner.

OK. Time for real accountability. Going to post pics so I have no choice but to improve. I have no idea if this will work since I am computer illiterate. we shall see. I may have to delete this post and start over.

[ATTACH]20110405173424..jpg[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey, what do you know it worked. The before pic was from the christmas 2009, about 2 months before starting and the other one is fairly current. Still have a way to go, but getting better.

Page 3 of 196 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast