Page 22 of 196 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 22

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Or Chicago. I'd go between Journey & Chicago with maybe a little Heart thrown.
    Journey, Pink Floyd, and, just to fuck with them, Johnny Cash.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    No Cash for me. I only really liked one of his songs and that was his cover of NIN Hurt.
    Georgette

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My favorite is probably "Ring of Fire." I also love a song he did when he was with The Highwaymen: "The Highwayman." That song just speaks to me.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Breakfast: 3 eggs with 1 extra egg yolk thrown in scrambled with 6 strips of bacon. 3 cups of coffee.
    For dinner tonight I have a brisket in the crock-pot. I've never made one in the crock-pot before, so i'm not sure how it will turn out. It has a paleofied bbq sauce on it made of diced tomatoes, chili powder, dijon mustard, chopped garlic, with a little bit of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, and hickory liquid smoke. Put it all in the crock-pot and topped it with sliced red onions. It smells good anyway. This is the last of the grass-fed beef until Monday(got about 35 lbs or so coming in).

Work tonight, but off the next 2 days, the wife has some out-patient stuff she needs to get done(nothing serious). Then back to work Saturday night after having an early birthday party for my oldest at Monkey Joe's. So no sleep Saturday, but off the next 4 days after.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I also love a song he did when he was with The Highwaymen: "The Highwayman." That song just speaks to me.
    Great song.

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    My favorite is probably "Ring of Fire." I also love a song he did when he was with The Highwaymen: "The Highwayman." That song just speaks to me.
    I forgot about that song and yes, I like that.
    Georgette

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, Im late in responding. Work tends to keep getting in the way of this for me...

Growing up I was always partial to the Hulk. And Iron Man. And Spider Man. And Thor.And lately, since I have been an adult, I'd add the Wolverine. Im a huge Super Hero nerd and love all the movies being made and to be made about them.

Anyone going to see Thor this weekend?

We are free Sat night...(my oldest girls are at their mom's this weekend and my boy and baby girl can probably stay with Mee Maw)...so I may see if the wife will go see it (Ladies...twist her arm, right? What's that guys name that plays Thor?).

So, in a knockdown drag out fight...who of the above wins and thus is the "best" super hero? Speak up now if you'd like to add others to this list before I do the computer simulation in my head and determine the winner...( anybody ever watch "deadliest warrior"?).

In my simulation, Hulk takes out all but Wolverine. Iron Man: crush the suit....he's done. Thor...get rid of the hammer and beat the shit out of him...also done. Spiderman...well, let's be honest, endurance is not his best attribute. His arch nemesis....the fly/Venom...kicks his butt on a routine basis. He wouldnt last long.

So, its down to Wolverine and Hulk. And since both of these two have the same attribute but come at it differently....I say its a draw. Hulk is fed on anger. As he gets madder he gets stronger and he last longer. More anger...more strength, more endurance. He can fight forever. And Wolverine has ultimate healing powers and is indestructible. So, the question is...

Can Hulk get mad enough to enable him to be strong enough to destroy what cant be destroyed (i.e. Wolverine)? Or will the Wolverine heal quickly enough to overcome Hulks attacks and do enough damage to wear down what cant be worn down (i.e. Hulk)?
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Chris Hemsworth is his name and he's a hottie from Down Under!!! I definitely want to see this now that I see Kenneth Branagh directed it. Total movie boner for me.
    Georgette

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Chris Hemsworth is his name and he's a hottie from Down Under!!! I definitely want to see this now that I see Kenneth Branagh directed it. Total movie boner for me.
    Yes, I saw the trailers this week. It doesnt look as good as the "Iron Man" movies but I think it will be worth seeing..
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by nachobrawler View Post
    Yes, I saw the trailers this week. It doesnt look as good as the "Iron Man" movies but I think it will be worth seeing..
    I liked the first Iron Man better than the 2nd one. I really, really do not care for Mickey Rourke.
    Georgette