Page 21 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 21

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Well, I'll be the devils advocate here and say I think the benefits of keeping the tests outweigh the negatives most of y'all have mentioned about having to do them. Again, its a matter of the way the information gleaned from the testing is used.
    And I do agree with you, generally, Skink about the type of people that are usually applying the information gleaned from the testing being beauracrats and not the ideal. But again, we need a system. All systems usually can be improved in many ways. Especially when its government controlled. But now Im getting too political and I am tired of political discussions on these threads...so I will let it drop. OK? Enough said about that...

As for the "super powers" thing...if you could acquire them....what powers would you want???
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Agreed, politics is boring.

As for super powers, I kind of see myself as Goku from Dragonball Z. I like his level of power and that fact that it is always growing the more he pushes himself. I've always been a huge spiderman fan, too. A normal guy who gets powers, and now what do you do with them. Then there are the guys like Batman and the Punisher who have no powers. They just train like motherfuckers to be the ultimate bad-ass. I have a lot of respect for that.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Since I'm in the midst of reading Becoming Batman, I guess I have to say Batman, mostly because those kinds of strengths/abilities are attainable (arguably).

Otherwise, I've always liked telekinesis, like Jean Grey.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Think Batman. If you mean "true" superpower, I'd hafta go with Wolverine's healing ability, but I would be able to heal others within a certain extent as well.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    I was just thinking, I'm 38 years old and I still have not given up on the thought that I may one day acquire super powers. Thats not abnormal, is it? Am I the odd man out here?
    No. Stumpy will be 37 in August and not only does he says he has super powers but he also has the tattoo to go with it.
    Georgette

Wow super powers eh? This comes from 2 different places. First, if you have seen The Losers and are fans of Tenacious D you'll get this. I would like to be able to shoot mind bullets. That's telekinesis Kyle.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Wow super powers eh? This comes from 2 different places. First, if you have seen The Losers and are fans of Tenacious D you'll get this. I would like to be able to shoot mind bullets. That's telekinesis Kyle.
    Oh wow...
    This is not the Greatest song in the world, NO! This is a tribute...
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Oh wow...
    This is not the Greatest song in the world, NO! This is a tribute...
    But if you can shoot mind bullets with Journey songs in the background, that is totally BA.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    But if you can shoot mind bullets with Journey songs in the background, that is totally BA.
    More so with Kansas playing.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Or Chicago. I'd go between Journey & Chicago with maybe a little Heart thrown.
    Georgette