Page 2 of 192 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 2

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sleep was ok last night. Was sleeping good until I had to wake up to use the bathroom at 4am. Had trouble falling back to sleep after that. Work tonight so I will try to take a nap later on. It's only an 8 hour night tonight so it won't be too bad. I'll be off at 3am so I can still be fairly "normal".

Breakfast: 6 eggs scrambled in a lot of butter and a little mozzerella mixed in. 2 cups of coffee with heavy cream.

No school today so we will be going outside to play in a little bit. It is cool out(at least by FL standards) so it should be fun.

News flash: I'm turning into an old man. I just found 5 gray hairs on my chest. I've had some on my head, a few in the beard already. But on my chest? I've just become my dad.

Other than the old man stuff its been a good day so far. Played outside with the kids for a couple of hours. Got to go to work tonight so I'm going to try get a little nap in know.

christi@japan is offline Junior Member
    wax, pluck, ignore....but dont fret the hair! LOL
    I dont even know what color my hair on my head is, as I have dyed it since I was a teen!
    Mom of 4 awesome kids, wife to one great husband; all on our way to living PRIMAL.My Mantra: I am not a Number:weight, clothing size,etc. I am in it for the HEALTH!

Dinner: 4 eggs scrambled in a whole lot of butter, couple of pieces of fresh mozzerela. Not a lot of variety today. Tommorow is grocery day so it is slim pickin's right now.

At work right now(gotta love the android phone). Hopeful it is a peaceful night, but not too slow or it can really drag.

And Christi@Japan, haha yea I'll take care of that right away. Guess I was just wandering how far south the gray is gonna travel. There is some places a guy just does not want to pluck(we are not that tough).

Work was slow last night so it felt loooong. Off at 3am, asleep in bed at 4am. Got woken up at about 7:30am to the sound of the rest of the family getting ready, but went back to sleep after pretty easy. Up at about 11:30, so that's about 7.5 hours of sleep, not bad.

Ended a 21 hours fast at 1:30.

Meal: 7 slices of bacon, 5 eggs scrambled with diced onions, all fried up in the bacon grease. 1 cup of coffee with heavy cream so far, but more to come I'm sure.

Tonight is a 12 hour night at work, and another IF night. I will probably try to eat something again before leaving for work, but I don't know. I'm pretty full after the eggs and bacon, maybe I will just leave it at that....We'll see.

The only exercise today has been walking around the grocery store and carrying bags into the house. We'll see how it is at work, maybe I'll get more moving around there. Hopefully it's at a slow pace and not a sprint, but you never know.

Spent a good couple of hours rolling around in the backyard with the kids. Everyone had a good time and we met or primal rule requirment of PLAY.

Dinner: 4 eggs scrambled topped with salsa. Not a lot of variety today, but was just looking for something quik befor having to go to work. This will also be the last meal before the next IF.

At work now. Definitely not another slow night. You'd think it was a full moon out or something.

Yesterday was off work at 7am, asleep by 8am, up again at 1:30 pm. Not the greatest sleep, but i take what i can get.

Ended a 21 hour fast with 7 slices of bacon, 5 eggs scrambled with diced onions, fried in bacon grease. 3 cups of coffe with heavy cream.

Had about an hour or so with the kids in the back yard. Not as much as we'd all like, but i will make up for it in the next few days.

Before getting ready for work had a couple of bites of farmer's cheese, not really that hungry.

At work, a 12 hour shift. We've been humpin' all night up till now, so it's been going pretty quick. It's my friday, so 3 days off after this.

In the middle of another 20 or so hour fast. I have to hold in the laughter when I here my co-workers complaining they are starving 'cause it's been all of 5 hours since they've had anything to eat. I now have a whole new definition of what hunger is. I don't really feel what I call hunger now untill after i pass the 24 hour mark, and even then it's not like i can't manage. Nobody believes me when I say they're not hungry, that they are just Jonesing for their nest sugar fix. But what do I know?

So It turns out I'm not real good at keeping a daily journal. 3 months with no entries...i'm on a roll. Maybe a daily journal is a bit much to ask from me. It's just a little too much like homework to write that much, and I was never big on doing my homework. I'll shot for every couple of days and see how that goes.

Diet wise no problems. Eating pretty paleo/primal with no real cheats, with the exception of 90% dark choclate now and then, grass fed butter, and heavy cream(but i'm not real anti-dairy).

No excercize in about two weeks now. Got sick with the same crap I get the same time every year and took extra time to make sure I was well rested. But back to it this week. Just ordered a couple of new kettlebells that should arrive soon.

Funny thing about getting sick this time. Every other year I came down with it I was completey knocked on my ass out of commission for two weeks. This time, yeah I didn't feel real good, but I could still function and take care of day to day crap. One of the bonuses of PB lifestyle i guess.

Ordered some magnesium citrate. I hear it's good for relieving stress and helping with sleep. Hope it works. No shortage of stress lately. And working nights I know I am just slowly killing myself, but what can you do.

On the last night of 4 days on, definitely looking forward to 4 days off. It's been a long 4 days on. We've been humping every night, with very little down time(can't people just get along).

Looking forward to getting a good workout in after such a long time without one. I wonder how sore I will be after such a long break?

Food: no problems. No desire anymore for the old ways. Wife ordered pizza for her and the kids while I was getting ready for work. I honestly had no interest. Just a year ago I would have sat down a demolished an entire large pizza by my self. Last few days have been IF'ing with one big meal. Usually steak or bacon and eggs, but they have been feasts so it's not like I'm starving myself.

Still waiting on the magnesium citrate to arrive. Any help on the sleep front will be welcomed. Hope it works the way they say. I keep wondering if I'm slowly killing myself working nights, but I hate day shift.

Checked the scale this morning. Down to 178 lbs. Been a long time since I've weighed so little. Hard to believe just one year ago I was 250!

Well, the every couple of days thing ain't working either. Oh well, I'll have a very poorly kept journal.

On vacation at the in-laws right now(WOOHOO). First one in a very long time. Kids got to see snow for the first time, and we all had a lot of fun in keeping with the PB laws. i also found that pulling a sled with kids on it up a hill is one hell of a workout. The in-laws think I might be a little strange after seeing me improvise a workout by running around the field behind their house, lifting stones and cement blocks, and doing pull-ups on their trees. Today was was playing in the park with the kids. Lots of running and climbing, but nothing real strenuous. Maybe tomorrow I'll go play with the cement blocks again.

Foods wise has been OK i guess considering it's vacation. The other day was the wifes b-day and we had pizza and cake. Ate way too much and felt like crap after. Today was the mother-in-laws b-day. Dinner at a crappy restaurant with really good desert. Had a steak and cheese sandwich and fries and a hot fudge sunday. Oh yeah, and another piece of cake later on. But it's vacation, so f*** it. Besides those two exceptions it's been good. The in-laws don't understand it, but have been trying to cater to my way of eating, which has been nice.

Well...time for bed.

Page 2 of 192 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast