Page 193 of 196 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 1958

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 193

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Today's workout:

4 rounds of 8 KB clean and press each side, 10 body rows. 30-45 second rest between rounds.
    Goblet squats, 2 x 10

Went ahead and started with some overhead presses. I've been feeling good with the shoulder and decided I'd try it out. Pain free.

After last weeks short workout, i was sore as shit. My "light" workout kicked my ass. I shouldn't be surprised with all the time off. Since then all I've done is my PT stuff with the elastic bands with some squats thrown in for good measure. Let's hope there is no soreness repeat.

So, in my efforts to get rid of my shoulder pain I have become some sort of posture nazi, with myself and others...well in my head anyway. It's not like I walk around telling people how to stand. Yesterday I was at a friend's wedding. I'm sure everyone else was think "oh, how beautiful", but I kept thinking "their posture sucks. Just look at their shoulders!"
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    So, in my efforts to get rid of my shoulder pain I have become some sort of posture nazi, with myself and others...well in my head anyway. It's not like I walk around telling people how to stand. Yesterday I was at a friend's wedding. I'm sure everyone else was think "oh, how beautiful", but I kept thinking "their posture sucks. Just look at their shoulders!"
    LOL this is something I notice, also! My mom always said "stand up straight!" and "don't slouch!". And then six years in the Army cemented the lessons! People always think I'm taller than I really am, and I'm sure part of it is because I stand straight. I passed on the nagging to my own kids, who also have good posture (most of the time... ).

Today's workout:

5 rounds as fast as possible of 5 chin-ups, 10 push-ups, 20 bulgarian bag squats. Didn't time it, but I was happy with the pace. The sweat was flowing at the end. I'm feeling it in the quads from the squats.

So today at work they started a wellness program thing. It's 30 minutes in the middle of the work day of cardio and toning(whatever that means). No, I didn't do it. It's geared more for the ladies in the office. It's not really my kind of workout, and I think the ladies would feel weird with a guy in there. I'm not knocking it, any movement for them is an improvement. I just stick to taking my walk at lunch. Here's the funny part though. After the workout they all ordered pizza for lunch. Then after lunch was a unit meeting with lots of desserts. They were all wracked with guilt as they shoveled the sugar into there face.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Today's workout:

5 rounds as fast as possible
    20 swings, 10 push-ups, 10 pull-ups.

Warm-up was a long walk with the puppy. This felt good. No official time kept , but it was pretty damn fast. I need to do it more often. There has been too much time between workouts. The more I do them the more I want to keep going. Just need to get the momentum going.

Had a god weekend. Took the kids to the zoo on saturday. Lots of walking and exercise for everyone. I avoided most of the usual zoo food, but did you know you can eat a cheeseburger with BBQ pulled pork on it? Well, you can, and I did, bun and all. So there was that and some ice cream, but other than that it was all good. Sunday was a trip to target to get all the back to school clothes shopping done. This was SO much fun. Did I mention I have 2 girls?

canio6 Guest
    This was SO much fun. Did I mention I have 2 girls?
    I think it is great you had such a fun time shopping for clothes with your girls. Oh wait, was that sarcasm? Much like burgers with pulled pork on them I am totally missing out if that was sarcasm.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Sunday was a trip to target to get all the back to school clothes shopping done. This was SO much fun. Did I mention I have 2 girls?
    I have a boy and 2 girls (all grown up now) but I remember the nightmares of back-to-school clothes shopping. And the boy was almost as picky as his sisters.

When they got old enough to shop for themselves, they each got a monthly clothing allowance, and bought what they wanted. And we didn't do any of the "back-to-school" type clothes shopping. They bought clothes every month, no need for anything more than whatever they wanted to buy in August. This started around age 11 for each of the girls when they got to that age, age 13 for the boy.

The only clothes I bought for them after that was prom dresses/prom suit rental and winter coats.

Definitely reduced the clothing $$ impact in August and the hours in the stores. All I did was make sure that what they bought didn't break school clothing rules (sorry, son, the t-shirt with a marijuana leaf isn't allowed) (it was a DoD school).

Today's workout:

overhead press, 3 x 8
    Goblet squats, 3 x 10
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Swings, 3 x 20
    Body rows, 3 x 10

Workout done at a very fast pace with very short rest periods. Not do some design or programming on my part. I had to hurry since the clouds were getting dark and the thunder was getting close. Part of my "get the workout in no matter what" campaign. This is one of the drawbacks of a backyard gym.

Goldie, that is similar to what my parents did with me, just without the allowance part. It was more like "You better go cut some grass and make money if you want new shoes." Actually, it's not too bad shopping with the girls. Just need to get them to understand the concept of "Dad has a budget we need to stick to."

Today's workout:

KB clean and press, 3 x 10
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    10 goblet squats and 10 push-ups, x 3
    body rows, 3 x 10

Good workout today. Doing the goblets squats and push-ups together in 1 super-set was pretty tough. Not much else going on. Tomorrow my oldest will officially be 9 years old, so I imagine I will be eating my fair share of birthday cake.

Today's workout:

KB clean and press, 3 x 10
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Goblet squats, 3 x 12
    Body rows, 2 x 12
    Swings, 2 x 20

Felt good today. It was hot and humid and I sweat my ass off, but that's kinda how I like it. Reminds me of home that way, I guess. I feel like I'm getting back into the swing of things now. The more you do it, the more you want to keep doing it.

In other news, I'm seriously looking for a new job. The supervisors are very nice, I get along with most of the people, and they seem to think I am good at this stuff. Two things: 1) This kind of work is not for me. I would much rather have a job that is more active. i don't even mind getting dirty. 2) The pay is incredibly shitty. Shitty doesn't even come close to describing it. There is now way of supporting a family long term on this pay. I had figured getting in with the state would open other doors. Unfortunately, it appears those doors are just as low paid. At least in this state. The other obstacle is the wife and kids. They are not thrilled with the idea of me working longer hours and maybe having to give up some weekends now and then. I like that they want me around, but I want to give us a better life. Not to mention that college is just a short decade away, and who knows what it will cost by then. I figure the relief in stress from getting out of our current situation will more than make up for any loss of time with dad.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good Luck with the job hunt.