Page 187 of 196 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1958

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 187

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    It's easier for Sweetie because I shop and I plan the cooking. He helps with cooking a lot... as in, "Sweetie, please throw these steaks on the grill."

His 20% is lunch with his coworkers during the week (once or twice). I just can't pay for too-expensive semi-okay lunch in a restaurant when my leftovers taste 1000000000% better.

I also make treats for Sweetie. Coconut milk ice cream, 100% fruit popsicles, and we always have organic very dark chocolate in the house! Much easier when there's nothing non-paleo to snack on!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    My husband complains almost weekly about his weight and how it is endangering his health. Several men he knew in his age bracket (54) have died in the last year.

And yet he still insists he can do it if he just cuts portions and starts exercising.

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    No workouts right now. I seem to have gotten sick. Drainage, coughing, sore throat, etc. It kept me up most of the night. Normally I wait until I'm on death's door to go to the doctor, but decided to go today. I either have an upper respiratory infection or a virus (so glad they narrowed it down). The only thing they new for sure is that it isn't strep. The doctor did surprise me a little. He said he was giving a prescription for an antibiotic, but suggested I not fill it right a way. He wanted me to wait and see if I really needed it. That's a refreshing thing from a doc. Either they're starting to see the light, or the fear of drug resistant bugs is starting to get to them.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Feel better soon, Dave.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Gah! That sounds terrible, Dave. Hope you recover quickly!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Thanks...feeling much better. A little cough still lingering, but I can manage. I never reached the point where I needed the antibiotics, so that was good. Still laying off the workouts for another day or two.

Saw this. Thought it belonged here. I know most people here know it, but there are still some that haven't gotten the message.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Glad to hear you're feeling better! And LOL at the sign... my favorite (not!) health buzzword is "natural". Lead, uranium, and cocaine are also natural!

I'm still here, just not on-line as much lately.

Today's workout: 30 second rest between each set

KB clean and press, 2 x 10 each side
    Pull-ups, 2 x 10
    Goblet squats, 2 x 10
    Body rows, 2 x 10
    Swings, 2 x 20

Short and fast, but not bad for after a long hiatus. daily life stress and shitty weather have been keeping me away, but I'm going to try and get back to normal. Something I have a bit of concern over is some pain in my right shoulder. It's been here for a few months now. It seemed to show up after I stopped with the regular workouts. It feels more like it is in the joint and not in the muscle. It actually doesn't really bother me while lifting, but I feel it when not doing anything.

Patrick(that pirate hooker mouthed fellow) posted this on facebook, I thought it would be appreciated here.

Oh, that's my kind of salad!

Be careful of that shoulder, Dave. When I had a torn rotator cuff, in the beginning it didn't bother me during workouts, but it did when I wasn't doing anything. It could also be Shoulder Impingement Syndrome: Symptoms, Treatments, Causes, and More which is what my doc first thought my problem might be. Impingement can be treated by physical therapy/doing the right shoulder exercises to strengthen the correct muscles to prevent impingement.

It might not be anything serious, just keep track of how it feels. It's a LOT better to do physical therapy and avoid shoulder surgery!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah...I may just may make a doctor's appointment soon and get it checked out. It has been around 3 months since it started bothering me and hasn't gone away even with long breaks in workouts. I am worried that a regular orthopedic doc might be too quick to jump to the surgery conclusion. I wonder if a chiropractic doc could do anything? Now I have to see if my insurance covers chiropractors. I could talk to both and see what each has to say.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app