Page 183 of 196 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1958

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 183

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear that your kids have been sick, Dave. And you, too... I got a bad head cold in January that turned into bronchitis, and I'm still coughing from it. Being sick, and having sick kids, is the pits. eHugs to you and your family--and the nice thing about eHugs is that they don't have any germs attached!

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Good to hear from you.

Our family got the stomach virus as well. Not fun.

I'm one of those higher carb weirdos now too.

I miss the protein shake as an easy meal option. Whey caused a lot of joint aches for me.
    Whey doesn't have that affect on me, thankfully. I seem to handle all dairy pretty well. And it's OK to be a weirdo. Weirdos are the most interesting. Do what makes you feel good. I think I do better without the carbs during the day, so I may ditch the larabat and replace it with the MCT oil in the shake. Then a good dose of carbs in the evening post workout. May staple meal lately is chili and rice for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Sorry to hear that your kids have been sick, Dave. And you, too... I got a bad head cold in January that turned into bronchitis, and I'm still coughing from it. Being sick, and having sick kids, is the pits. eHugs to you and your family--and the nice thing about eHugs is that they don't have any germs attached!
    Thanks Goldie. Bronchitis sucks. I had it last year, and hope this doesn't turn into it.

Thought my daughter was through it, but we just had another episode a little while ago. Last night was no sleep. I hope tonight is better.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

So, I just learned that the United Church of Bacon is a real thing. Why haven't I heard of this before?

Last edited by skink531; 03-02-2014 at 06:35 PM.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    So, I just learned that the United Church of Bacon is a real thing. Why haven't I heard of this before?

amen brotha... preach it!

So last week at work we were having a unit meeting, and as the supervisors were bringing in the cakes and pies for everyone I jokingly asked were the gluten free options were. This morning I was walking in and heard someone yell behind "Hey! Gluten-free fairies!!!" Being who I am, I immediately turned around and asked "Did you just call me a gluten-free fairy?" I was then presented with these:

I know they mean well, and was was very grateful, but I don't think they fully understand were I'm coming from. They are trying, so I will give them credit for that.

Oh...the co-worker that had asked for advice on slimming down for vacation has decided to go a different route. the other girls going with her are all taking some "Miracle Pill" that will make you lose weight. I heard them all taking about to another women and telling her how that it is "All Natural". I couldn't help but tho chime in that arsenic is all natural too.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    the other girls going with her are all taking some "Miracle Pill" that will make you lose weight. I heard them all taking about to another women and telling her how that it is "All Natural". I couldn't help but tho chime in that arsenic is all natural too.
    Hahaha! Bingo.

Aw well. You can't reach 'em all, sir.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Hahaha! Bingo.

Aw well. You can't reach 'em all, sir.
    Yes. I imagine if I tried to reach them all I might wind up with my arm in a cast, or something.

And hey...quit being such a stranger around here.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Yes. I imagine if I tried to reach them all I might wind up with my arm in a cast, or something.
    I know naught of what you speak, sir . . . . <shifty eyes>

And hey...quit being such a stranger around here.
    I'm on-and-off when it comes to online stuff. Some days I never check MDA or Facebook or anything. Other days I'm post-tastic. It's nice to be missed, though!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

21 days...wow...been a while. It will take me a week to catch up on all the other journals. I'm sure everyone has been on wild adventures in the last couple of weeks.

I've come to the conclusion that the larger amount of starchy food isn't quite working as well. I find that the larger amount of starch, in my case rice, makes me too full to want to eat a lot of non-starchy vegetables. the lack of the non-starchy veges has left my gut not feeling as well. I'm not going eliminate the rice, but just keep it to a bowl for dinner on workout days.

Speaking of workout days...haven't had one in quite a while. My motivation has gone to shit. I take that back...I still have the motivation, but the energy isn't there. Stress has been doing a number on me, and this winter hasn't helped. I hope to beat this funk I'm in soon

On a more positive note...I tried bullet proof coffee, and I'll be damned If I don't like it. I had always thought it was a bit on the gimmicky side. I knew all the ingredients were good, but I thought the claims about it were just kind of sales-pitchy for Dave Asprey's website. Well, I guess I owe him an apology. I'll be damned if I don't feel kind of energized afterwards, and wind up drinking less coffee during the day. I wanted to start adding more MCT oil in. I tried just doing it straight, but that got old. I tried putting it into a cup of coffee, but having an oil slick on top of the coffee is not that appetizing. So I gave the bullet proof a shot and haven't looked back. And to top it all off, I even started adding collagen hydrolysate to it. I'm turning in to some kind of fucking hippie, or something.

Another reason I can't wait for spring to really get here is the return of minimalist shoes. I hate big clunky shoes. My office dress code is actually pretty casual, so it shouldn't be a problem. I will probably go with the Merrell Trail Gloves. I think wearing the VFF's in might be too much of a shock...not to mention they tend to get a bit funky after I've been wearing them for workouts.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    another couple of weeks and no real workout. I have been staying active and chase the kids around the park when it hasn't been raining. Today is the first day it may actually be warm enough in the morning to wear the vff's while taking the dog for her walk. L may try to pick-up the kettlebells this afternoon. Just something light and easy to get the blood flowing. I think it was that yesterday was a really bright, sunny, and warm day, and it was what i needed to kick the funk out of my system.

So, i was looking for new jeans the other day. What the fuck is up with the jean manufacturers? Apparently they now only design jeans for men with no ass and toothpick legs. I have yet to find a pair that fit.