Page 172 of 185 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1846

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 172

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Today's workout:

Tabatas x 4, 1 minute rest in between. Done on rowing machine,

Felt good, but the kicked my ass. This was my first time using a Concept 2 rower. I have heard a lot about them. I like them. I hope they have one at my gym back home. The gym there keeps all the cardio stuff in a separate room, and I have only used the weight room side. Besides, I've been on these fucking training trips for so long I've forgotten what that gym looks like. I actually like this gym and will kind of miss it when I'm gone. I go back home tomorrow and don't have to come back until the second week in January(but then I'm back down here again for about the whole month).
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

So if you want to see raised eye brows at the grocery check out line, just show up with the following items: 10 lbs of ground bison, 20 lbs of various cuts of beef, 3 lbs of butter, 4 pints of heavy cream, 2 big jars of coconut oil, and a big thing of pink Himalayan sea salt.

Good times.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Mmmm... buttered bison. Aw yee-ah.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Mmmm... buttered bison. Aw yee-ah.
    That's what I'm talkin' about!

Today's workout:

Whole lot o' deadlifts. Worked my way up to 365 x 1. I attempted 375(twice) but it wasn't happening. I had to laugh at a couple of guys must have done at least a dozen different types of bicep curls. In the entire weight room not a leg was being trained.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    In the entire weight room not a leg was being trained.
    Oh, what a shame. There's nothing nicer than a guy's muscular leg (from a gal's point of view!)

Way to rock the deadlifts, Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Oh, what a shame. There's nothing nicer than a guy's muscular leg (from a gal's point of view!)

Way to rock the deadlifts, Dave!
    Thanks Goldie. I think it's a matter of not looking lopsided. Lopsided is not attractive. Why people want to be that way is a mystery to me. Besides, how can you be strong if the biggest muscles in your body are so weak? For me anyway, it's more about strength than size. With strength comes the muscle you like to look at, while helping all the other aspects of your life.

I want agility, flexibility, balance and power. To be honest, if I could find a place and go without feeling like an ass, I'd be taking gymnastics and dance. The end. Those guys are built all insane-like (and let's not even get started on the women -- da-amn). Also, there ain't no woman on Earth who doesn't like a man who can dance. . . and do flips. And flip-dance! (That's a thing, right?)

Actually, capoeira would kick ass, too, if there was a place to learn it in Ottawa.

But I agree with you, I'm pretty much OCD about symmetry and proportion. I'd go nuts if I had a ginormous upper body and scrawny 11-year-old skater dooood legs.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Merry Christmas, Skink.

Thanks Sabine, same to you.

Patrick, I'm in agreement with you. I include all those as part of strength. Dancing makes you strong. Fighting makes you strong. MovNat and body weight stuff will all get you strong. After going to the ballet, I would consider them some of the strongest athletes i have seen. True strength comes from having the total package. I, personally, want to be Batman.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

I second your Batman sentiment!