Page 171 of 186 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1854

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 171

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    *sigh*

335 is more than 3x my body weight. I'm aiming for 2x, but I have, like, a real job and can't train full time. Plus I'm old but I'll never be a crone. I'll be that lady in the news who sky dives at age 100!

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    but I have, like, a real job and can't train full time.
    Like I've always said...jobs are for suckers(yes, I'm aware that I'm included in that group). So no work out Wednesday. I had slipped on some ice in the hotel parking lot and landed on my right knee. It wasn't bad, but still a little bloody and sore. The real bad part was ripping the knee out of my pants. Thursday no workout since I was driving home. No workout friday or today, since I'm trying to spend time with the family, get shit done, and deal with the snow. Speaking of fucking snow, it was snowing a lot today and ruined our plans to see Santa. Then, while taking the dog for a walk this morning I slipped in that fucking white shit. Where did I land you might ask? Why in the exact same spot on me right knee, of course. It was a little sore, but not enough to keep me from sled ridding with the kids. It doesn't really help that my only boots for wearing outside are my old work boots. They're not insulated, but they are waterproof. I've had them so long that the bottoms are worn smooth. New boots are expensive, so I was thinking of getting some Yaktrax(they're like snow chains for your shoes). Tomorrow we will try to see Santa in between snow flakes. Monday it's back out of town again.

Oh, and I found the perfect Christmas present.

My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

We did make it to see Santa today, but it was a bit of an ordeal to get there. First, It looked like there was just a light dusting of snow covering the driveway so I got out the leave blower and was going to blow it of. It turns out the light dusting of snow was covering a nice layer of black ice underneath. I found this out by slipping and landing square on my ass. Having a real hard time staying on my feet these days. So now my right knee is still a little sore and now my right ass cheek hurts. Then when we get to the mall it is the worst looking fake Santa I have ever seen. My kids were like "yeah...that's not Santa." I explained that Santa can only be at one mall at a time, and he sends an elf in disguise to the other ones. I said that I must have looked at his schedule wrong and went to the wrong mall. So next weekend we will have to drive into Pittsburgh and see the "real" Santa there.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

I love the toilet paper holder!

And *ouch* on the falls. I have a pair of Yaktrax, sometimes when I have to walk from hangar to hangar, it's a solid sheet of ice. Even boots with good treads don't work on ice, but the Yaktrax are great. Just take them off as soon as you step onto the smooth concrete hangar floor, or you'll be "floor skating"!

Today's workout:

Dumbbell bench press
    Dumbbell rows
    Dumbbell overhead press
    Barbell overhead press
    Lat pull down
    tricep press
    underhand lat pull down

Since starting back in a normal gym I have noticed an epidemic of sorts. There are a lot of guys that spend a lot of time on their upper bodies and completely ignore the lower body. It's kind of weird seeing a guy with a jacked upper body standing on a couple of tooth picks. That's all for now.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Lol.

I am hoping to start doing some heavy lifting at the gym again. I want to do bench press, squats and dead lifts. I just need to get over my self conciousness and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Lol.

I am hoping to start doing some heavy lifting at the gym again. I want to do bench press, squats and dead lifts. I just need to get over my self conciousness and do it.
    I think that's great. Just remember: 1) heavy is a relative thing. Stick with the right amount of heavy for you and not someone else. 2) Self-consciousness is all in your head and no one else's. When you get in there you will learn fast that most people aren't even paying attention to what your workout is. Most of the so-called "meat-heads" are happy to help when asked. 3) Stay away from Planet Fitness. They kick people out of the gym who are trying to do any real weight lifting(I think deadlifts are a direct violation of policy). They are also know for their pizza days in the gym and handing out candy to everyone.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the advice. I go to a very small local gym. My problem is exactly that...I worry that everyone is watching me. I was working on the Starting Strength program, but stopped when a friend there cautioned me about standing overhead presses. I know he was trying to prevent me from hurting myself, but it kind of threw me off. I am an extremely shy person in real life. I just need to get past it.

Currently, I do bodyweight exercises from the fitness666 site, cardio kick boxing and yoga. I want to shake things up a bit with LHT.

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    It's kind of weird seeing a guy with a jacked upper body standing on a couple of tooth picks. That's all for now.
    It's the "mirror" or "ABC" workout. They work on what they can see in the bathroom mirror... upper body: Abs, Biceps, Chest. *sigh* I guess a lot of guys don't realize how hot thick, muscular guy thighs can be!

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    ...most people aren't even paying attention to what your workout is.
    This x 1000. The people with the right attitude are just into being sure that their form is correct, and they're in the workout "zone". The people with the wrong attitude are all about "Who's looking at me? What pose can I strike?"

Paula, just go unto the workout zone yourself and ignore everyone else!

PrimalCon New York
    Today's workout:

Deadlifts x a bunch
    Trap bar deadlift, 4 x 8
    Goblet squats, 4 x 10
    KB Swings, 3 x 30

Felt good today. Limpin' like a pimp on the way out of the gym. I broke down and had to give some advice to a guy doing snatches. It was painful to watch the way he was doing it. I don't think he understood what I was saying. I was trying hard not to sound dickish(I'm just some dude in the gym after all), so I may not have been as clear as if I was talking to someone I knew. Snatches are not for the untrained beginner. Form is everything.