Page 17 of 196 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 17

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Reading through everyones journals, I see everyone is planning to really crack down with their eating kick start their results. I guess I'm no different. I have been happy with the exercize side of things and how that is going, but I seem to have stalled a little more in the fat loss then I am happy with.
    Sometimes you really have to hammer through a plateau, and that means adding something new (sprints or IFing, say) or removing something (dairy, nuts, whatever). Not sure if that's where I'm at -- feels like it! -- but gunna see what cracking down does for me.

The problem I have is I enjoy the food I make too much. I eat a lot. I don't stop when satiated. I stop when I'm stuffed. That is my problem. I love food. I'm still not going to be into calorie counting, but I do need to cut back my portion sizes back to normal human amounts. I would like to point out that only on PB foods could a person eat as much as I have been and NOT gain any weight.
    I have to force myself to stop and give things a few minutes after most meals. Over the last month, though, I'm like you: a ravenous beast!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

nachobrawler is offline Senior Member
    Skink...here is one area where we are different. I dont eat until Im stuffed anymore. I have no problem stopping. As an example, last night I drank about 3/4 of a cup of heavy cream before dinner (it was there and I thought..."why not"). And then made some hot sausage to eat with a salad. Well, after drinking the cream I wasnt hungry at all. So, the sausages didnt get eaten and I only ate a small salad for dinner. I could, however, probably get away with a smaller portion size. And Im reserving that for my last option hopefully when I make it to 10% BF. I have been a little loose with the dairy lately (hence...the cream).Im going to get rid of dairy again, as well as the alchohol, and see if that puts things in a faster gear.

I hear you on the calorie counting. I HATE that and I will only do that as a last resort....
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, Nacho, this is a lesson I could learn from you. I would have some how rationalized that I cooked the sausage so I had better eat it. But I will do better. And hell, its not like my "smaller" portions are all that small. Most people would still concider them to be a hearty meal.

Breakfast today was 3 eggs scrambled and 6 strips of bacon. To give a comparison, the other day I ate 5 eggs and 10-12 strips of bacon. See, totally stuffed myself with the thinking its ok cuz its primal food and I don't each lunch so its all good. 3 eggs and 6 pieces of bacon is still a good sized meal. I'm not feeling any hungrier than ussual and didn't need to add lunch. The eating normal sizes appears to working.

Exercize today:

50 burpees
    Double kettlebell clean and press 5 sets of 10
    Kettlebell swings 2 sets of 25
    Push-ups. 4 sets. 1st 2 stopped just before failure, set 3 to failure, set 4 dropped to the knees to failure
    Front squats with sandbag 4 sets of 10
    Chin-ups 3 sets of 6

Tried to keep the rest times between all the sets to a minimum. Just enough to catch my breath.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Breakfast today was 3 eggs scrambled and 6 strips of bacon. To give a comparison, the other day I ate 5 eggs and 10-12 strips of bacon. See, totally stuffed myself with the thinking its ok cuz its primal food and I don't each lunch so its all good. 3 eggs and 6 pieces of bacon is still a good sized meal. I'm not feeling any hungrier than ussual and didn't need to add lunch. The eating normal sizes appears to working.
    I think this was part of my problem when I wasn't seeing any changes. Eating too much of primal foods just because it was primal. I would sometimes eat 2 platefuls of food at a sitting. Between that and too much fat being digested. Now I tell myself its ok to be a little hungry after I eat. Odd things now that I tell myself to not overeat.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I think this was part of my problem when I wasn't seeing any changes. Eating too much of primal foods just because it was primal. I would sometimes eat 2 platefuls of food at a sitting. Between that and too much fat being digested. Now I tell myself its ok to be a little hungry after I eat. Odd things now that I tell myself to not overeat.
    Here's the thing, I was just as satisfied with the smaller breakfast as with the bigger one. Probably more so in that I didn't feel all full afterwards. I've always had a problem with the eyes being bigger than the stomach. I will always fill my plate thinking it doesn't look like enough, but half is usually the right amount. I learning. Best part is i'm cutting back but not suffering.

Here's the thing, I was just as satisfied with the smaller breakfast as with the bigger one. Probably more so in that I didn't feel all full afterwards. I've always had a problem with the eyes being bigger than the stomach. I will always fill my plate thinking it doesn't look like enough, but half is usually the right amount. I learning. Best part is i'm cutting back but not suffering.
    This is why I also follow the "small plate" theory in most cases. Yeah, I know more CW but it does help. Even moreso when I feel like I could eat a frigging cow.
    Georgette

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Your workouts always excite my envy, Dave. That's some extreme stuff! I think it would knock me on my ass halfway through.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

I want to do a burpee. Never attempted one before and I think they could be interesting. Something to try after my challenges are complete.
    Georgette

Haha, thanks Patrick. I try. I need this kind of feedback. I always wonder if what I'm doing is good or just plain dumb. Please, everyone feel free to be honest with me, i can take it. You can call me a retard if you are helping me get stronger.

Geo, burpees are not difficult to do. Doing a lot of them back to back, however, is another story. There are plenty of videos floating around on how to do them. I think Mark even did one, not sure. Basically, hands on the floor, kick your feet back, pull your feet back underneath you then jump up high. It's not much different than the stuff your PE coach made you do back in junior high(so he wasn't just a sadistic psychopath, who knew).