Page 166 of 196 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1958

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 166

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Yep...its a waste of time to try and tell people like that anything. It would be nice to let them know that "You're young, you've got good genetics, but you're wasting you're potential and will wind up hurting yourself. And yes, I know this from experience." Unfortunately no kettlebells there. I'll have to save those for weekends when the weather is OK.

Job is OK. Could be worse. I'm just not used to office work. I did manage to make a make-shift standing desk. I pulled a shelf off the wall and put my computer on it, so I'm already the weird guy in the office.

Here is the standing desk

Sent from my DROID X2 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Today's workout:

a butt-load of deadlifts, followed up by 3 fast sets of goblet squats just to make sure my quads were smoked. When I left the gym I was limpin' like a pimp. I was trying to walk down the stairs just a little bit ago and wasn't sure if I was going to make it. I may go take a cold shower and freeze my thighs.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    I'm already the weird guy in the office.

Here is the standing desk

I'm the weird gal in the office because I'm the only one who's not overweight and I eat bacon.

Cool idea for a standing desk! My monitors at work are on moveable arms, all I need is some kind of sturdy gizmo to put my keyboard on. Hmmm...

I may go take a cold shower and freeze my thighs.
    I do the same, but it's usually for shoulders and arms... it's a bother being female and not having that upper body strength. Well done for rockin' the deadlifts, that was my workout today, too! (Also strict presses, so I'm on my way to a cold shower in just a minute...)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I'm the weird gal in the office because I'm the only one who's not overweight and I eat bacon.
    Haha....I was talking to my wife about this exact thing. The non-fat people in this office can be counted on one hand. Overweight is the norm and many are down right morbidly obese. The guy that sits behind must weigh at least 600 lbs. My wife and I often give people we work with code names when we talk about them. This guy has been named "Hoveround". He doesn't actually ride one, but the way he hobbles around the office I'm sure he has one at home. Maybe after I've been here for a little bit and am not a stranger anymore I will introduce the idea of a Paleo challenge. Of course then I will have solidified my position as office weird dude.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the job. Anything is better and at least you have decent benefits.
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    Maybe after I've been here for a little bit and am not a stranger anymore I will introduce the idea of a Paleo challenge. Of course then I will have solidified my position as office weird dude.
    Good lord no. You are doing this all wrong. Many state/gov't jobs and promotions are based on seniority not merit. Let them all eat themselves into an early grave so you can rise to the top.

Thanks Geo. Any job is better than none.

Canio...thanks for straitening me out. I'm still getting used to this bureaucracy thing.

I know that the 3 week hiatus from workouts would mean some soreness, but holy crap I didn't expect this. Leg workout on Thursday and I'm still sore today. Today is the first day that I can sit on the toilet or walk down the stairs without cursing due to pain. What the hell. I had thought I had taken it easy, but apparently I was like one rep away from rhabdo. Oh well, getting better. Leaving town in the AM for 4 days of a training class. Hate being away from the family, but what can you do? I will have to go away for 3 more weeks after thanksgiving too. This is cutting into christmas shopping time. Santa may be doing a lot of shopping on amazon this year. I checked out the hotel I'll be staying at. The have a free breakfast with lots of bacon and eggs, and an exercise room. I'll do what I can with it. I saw that the closest restaurant is a buffalo wild wings. At least their regular wings are gluten free. I'm sure I can find a steak house around there somewhere. I need large pieces of dead cow to be happy.

canio6 Guest
    I need large pieces of dead cow to be happy.
    That should be on a Tshirt or bumper sticker.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dave, don't count too much on the "exercise" room at any hotel. I travel fairly frequently for business, and the BEST exercise room I ever found had dumbbells up to 10 pounds (!!!) Nothing any heavier. What they usually have are a couple treadmills, maybe an elliptical, and possibly a yoga ball. They probably can't do much more than that because of fear of injury and subsequent litigation.

I found this to be the case even with military lodging on military bases. At least on a military base I can find the base gym, and most have Crossfit-like workout areas with free weights, kettlebells, etc.

I'd suggest you google "bodyweight workouts" and find something there. You might also be able to pay a walk-in fee at a nearby Crossfit so you can use their kettlebells, sandbags, etc.

Traveling on business sucks, and even worse during the holiday season. But I'm certain that Santa uses Amazon, too, which is a lot better than fighting the Wal-Mart crowd!