Page 164 of 196 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1958

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 164

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Anyone who takes Jillian Michaels' advice on anything deserves what they end up with... unfortunately, sheeple like to do what famous people say, no matter how idiotic.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    And Jon, you seriously gotta watch Zach's stuff. He's my biggest inspiration right now. There are a lot of super-buff blah blah blah video people, but that guy gives it his all and with serious humour. He doesn't even care about his disability except that it provides hilarity and great quotes.
    Yes, he is funny as hell. I've watched 5-6 of his videos and the dude tries hard. The bench one was killing me. "Why did I start with so heavy a weight when no one can see it anyway?!" lol. And when he does the pull up and says, "You make great guacamole!" I about choked on my coffee.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Anyone who takes Jillian Michaels' advice on anything deserves what they end up with... unfortunately, sheeple like to do what famous people say, no matter how idiotic.
    There's no doubt about that. Most people, many of my family members included, think "They're on TV so they must know what they are doing." No matter how much a tell them that the are full of shit, no one listens.

And Canio...I believe I mentioned not watching those videos while drinking coffee. Again, no one listens!
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    And Canio...I believe I mentioned not watching those videos while drinking coffee. Again, no one listens!
    Pft, Jillian Michaels said it was fine to drink coffee while watching those video and she is on TV!

Today's workout:

120 lb sandbag cleans, 4 x 8
    barbell overhead press, 3 x 15
    parallel pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Push-ups, 3 x 10
    120 lb sandbag bear-hug squats, 4 x 10

Seems like a short workout(and I guess it was), but it took a lot out of me. I did a bunch of yard work yesterday and may have been a little fatigued from that still. Either way I still felt good doing it. It's is a rainy day again, so I had to do a modified workout in the garage, so no kettlebell stuff or different pulling stuff with the rings. I wonder what the winter workouts will be like this year. It's already getting to cold to wear the VFFs in the morning when I walk the dog. I was looking around for a minimalist winter shoe and have have a question. Minimalist shoes use less material than normal shoes(being minimalist and all) and so should cost less to manufacture, so why do they cost so much fucking more money?

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Pft, Jillian Michaels said it was fine to drink coffee while watching those video and she is on TV!
    Well, you've got me on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Minimalist shoes use less material than normal shoes(being minimalist and all) and so should cost less to manufacture, so why do they cost so much fucking more money?
    I'd like to add this question: if women's "plus" size clothing costs more than regular size clothing because they use more material for it, WHY isn't women's petite clothing cheaper than regular because they use less material?

There is absolutely no advantage to being fun sized.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    There is absolutely no advantage to being fun sized.
    Ha! "Fun sized" is a great expression!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Ha! "Fun sized" is a great expression!
    LOL that's what hubby calls me! He also says "low drag, high speed..."

I remind him that dynamite comes in small packages, too!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today's workout:
    (sandbag=120lbs...i'm too lazy to change it out and make it lighter)

Warm-up - sandbag dead-lift 1 x 20

Sandbag cleans, 4 x 8
    barbell overhead press, 3 x 15 - 2 x 10
    parallel pull-ups, 3 x 10
    sandbag squats, 4 x 10

Again another short one, but it did the job pretty well. It still kind of amazes me that a 120 lb sandbag feels so much heavier than a 120 lb barbell. Throwing that thing around will wear you out. Not to mention I was tired today from a sleepless night. Around midnight my 5 year old daughter came in and said "daddy I threw up a little bit in my bed." I learned that she has no clue what "a little bit" means. The throwing up continued until morning, so only got to sleep in between bouts. She seems to be doing much better today.

Right now my wife and oldest are at a classmates birthday party. According to my wife, the birthday by appears to have a crush on my daughter. I don't know how I feel about this. In my eyes she is just a baby. Besides, no boy will ever be good enough my my little girl. I know that is cliche, but fuck it. I'll be explaining to the boys that any part of them that touches her I get to keep, so be careful.

In other news, I will no longer be unemployed. Well, as of November 1st that is. I got the call yesterday. Not the highest paying to start, but not the worst either. It's with the state, so benefits should be decent.