Page 163 of 194 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1936

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 163

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Dude, you gotta check out Zach Anner. This guy's my new hero. He's fucking awesome -- his attitude, his sense of humour, his tireless optimism. I'm never working out on Wednesdays again without watching Workout Wednesdays. Two examples:

"Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Holy shit...that was fucking awesome!!! That dude rocks. Just don't watch while drinking coffee because it will be squirting out of your nose(I found that out the hard way). He just got a new subscriber.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

"I have cerebral palsy, which is the best palsy." -- Zach Anner

I discovered this guy on Soulpancake. He's doing a show on faith and religions on that channel, which has been great so far. His attitude blows me away. Not to mention his humour fucking kills me, as you found out the coffee-spewing way!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Patrick.

Zach is awesome!

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Patrick, Zach Anner is awesome! Thanks for posting this!

Today's workout:

80 lb sandbag cleans on to the shoulder, 6 x 12
    75 lb barbell overhead press, 3 x 15
    Parallel pull-ups, 3 x 10
    120 lb sandbag bear-hug squats, 5 x 10
    Push-ups, 40-20-15
    Chin-ups, 1 x 10

It was a rainy day today, so I had to modify things slightly by working out in the garage. I didn't want to mess up the garage floor by accidentally dropping a kettlebell on it. I found an old barbell in the garage that belongs to my father in law with 75 lbs on it, so I decided to put it to use. The pull-ups were done on an I beam in the garage. The bear hug squats are still the biggest ass kicker. The hardest part is cleaning it up and then letting go to catch it in the bear-hug. You end up huffing and puffing before you are even ready to start.

My kids came home today and told me about an anti-bullying assembly they had at school. The told me how Batman and Captain America were both there. I started telling them that it is really amazing since they are from two different universes. Before I got into it anymore I noticed they were giving me the "My dad's a geek" look. Well...they're right, I am.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Not a very primal weekend. I actually started out OK on Saturday, but Ben and Jerry's Cinnamon Bun ice cream is a real thing and...well...lets just say things happened. Sunday we took the kids to the pumpkin patch. This pumpkin patch is like a carnival and pumpkin patch combined. Things like funnel cakes, deep fried oreos, and kettle corn were consumed(at least I did manage to avoid the deep fried snickers bar). It was fun, but the food hangover just reminds me why this will only be a once in a while thing.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    LMAO those videos were great. "I don't want to cheat you out of my workout."

Sounds like a fun food weekend. Good luck in your hangover recover
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

So, I came across this today. All I can say is HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! If you follow Jillian Michaels kettlebell technique you will most likely wind up as a cripple. And she gets payed a shit load of money for telling people to do this crap. Worst.Swings.Ever!

Oh my god! Neck bent down and spine/head alignment totally horizontal?! WTF?! (the plyometric part didn't seem that bad, actually, but everything else what W.T.F. worthy.)

And Jon, you seriously gotta watch Zach's stuff. He's my biggest inspiration right now. There are a lot of super-buff blah blah blah video people, but that guy gives it his all and with serious humour. He doesn't even care about his disability except that it provides hilarity and great quotes.