Page 162 of 196 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1958

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 162

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Today's workout: another speedy one, so again 20-30 seconds between sets and exercises.

40 lb sandbag carry x 75 yards
    80 lb sandbag carry x 75 yards
    80 lb sandbag cleans to the shoulder, 4 x 10
    KB overhead press, 3 x 10
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    120 lb sandbag bear-hug squats, 4 x 10
    Push-ups, 40-20-15
    Body rows, 3 x 10

Felt really good today. I think one of the hardest parts is that with such a short rest period you are breathing to hard to try and drink some water.

After the workout I ate lunch and then took the doggy daughter for a walk. About halfway through we stopped and sat on a log. I've been procrastinating about starting the meditation, so I decided to quit fucking off and start. At first I was wondering if I should breath in a certain way, like what Dave Grossman uses to calm yourself when in a high stress situation, but I decided to keep it simple and just breath normal. I didn't keep track of time, but I imagine it was at least 5 minutes. I caught myself wandering, but was able to bring myself back pretty easily. When I was done I felt a little funny. Things had a slightly different look to them(if that makes any sense at all) and i felt a little light headed, but not in a bad way. I wonder if this was my body saying "It's about fucking time you calmed the fuck down and let us relax." Look at me, I'm turning into some kind of hippy or something. I ain't wearing any fucking patchouli, though...that shit smells like ass.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    When I was done I felt a little funny. Things had a slightly different look to them(if that makes any sense at all) and i felt a little light headed, but not in a bad way. I wonder if this was my body saying "It's about fucking time you calmed the fuck down and let us relax." Look at me, I'm turning into some kind of hippy or something. I ain't wearing any fucking patchouli, though...that shit smells like ass.
    Good "work"! Makes perfect sense.

And... I agree, patchouli does stink. I don't know if I'd say "like ass", though. Mine seems to be one of Sweetie's favorite body parts...

Today's workout:

sandbag carry x 75 yards
    sandbag clean and front squat, 5 x 8
    pull-ups, 3 x 10
    lunges w/sandbag behind shoulders, 2 x 20
    push-ups, 40-25-15
    body rows, 3 x 10

Good workout today. A little longer on the rest periods today. Not long long, but enough to catch my breath.

As for food...I have never considered myself high carb, low carb, or anything else in particular. I've just tried to listen to what my body was wanting. Lately I found myself on the lower end of the carb spectrum with the occasional higher carb days, which is fine and I have felt good. But I want to start increasing the workout intensity which may need a little more glycogen replenishment. I am probably going to start adding in some white rice here and there. I'm thinking that rice is the most cost effective thing for a dude on a budget.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

I guess if you're gonna do it, then don't half-ass it.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Ha! I saw that earlier so I looked it up. Apparently it's a true story... except it's not 150 days. It's 172! Jesus. Most photogenic cheat day photo ever.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Today's workout:

Warm-up(aka-taking my shit outside) - 40 lb sandbag carry x 75 yards, 90lb sandbag carry x 75 yards

80 lb sandbag cleans to the shoulder, 6 x 10
    Pull-ups, 4 x 10
    120 lb sandbag bear-hug squats, 5 x 10
    Push-ups, 40-25-15
    Body rows, 3 x 10

Cool down(aka-putting my shit away) - 40 lb sandbag carry and 80 lb sandbag carry

Felt good. Pace and intensity where in the place. The workout was good despite the shitty food I ate yesterday. I had fasted most of the day. Oldest had a soccer game and then we went to Ogelbay park down in Wheeling. We took the kids in the paddle boats and did the playground stuff. Fun was had all around. The food was anything but primal and may have even included 4 or 5 white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. Maybe the long fast helped to minimize the crappyness of the food.

Today's workout:

KB Snatch, 3 x 10
    80 lb sandbag clean, 4 x 8
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    120 lb sandbag bear-hug squats, 4 x 8
    Push-ups, 3 x 25
    body rows, 3 x 10

Another fast paced day with never more than a 25-30 second rest. Felt good and strong all the way through.

I haven't seen your "lKBs" in the lineup lately... are you neglecting the little ones? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I haven't seen your "lKBs" in the lineup lately... are you neglecting the little ones? LOL!
    Yep..I guess it is a good and a bad thing. It's kind of good that the big one is now used as more of a strength endurance workout(I guess that means they are working), but bad in that I now need a bigger kettlebell...or at least another 55 to do doubles(and those damn things aren't cheap). I'll still use the little ones for long tabata stuff on occasion.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Look on Craigslist for used kettlebells. It's pretty hard to damage them, and I bet someone's spousal unit is tried of tripping over it. You could even put in a "wanted" ad for one.