Page 159 of 193 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1927

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 159

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Thanks, Goldie! Luckily, I married an english professor and I let her write it for me. I read that article and it looks like she hit all the points they made pretty well.
    Glad to hear it! I'm sending good employment karma vibes your way!

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Today's workout:

bKB Clean and Press, 5 x 10
    Pull-ups, 3 x 12
    Goblet Squats, 3 x 12
    Push-ups, 45-25-20
    Body rows, 3 x 10
    Swings, 2 x 30

Felt good today. Nothing exiting to to report on the workout front, but I guess that's a good thing that all is good every time.

Interesting thing on the job front. Got a call today and they really wanted to offer me the job. The catch was that the only opening they had left was in the wrong end of the state. the pay would have been better than I had expected, but not enough that would have let me relocate and they only guaranteed a 1 year contract. The recruiter was actually in Boston and had to pull up google maps to see the problem. She said the positions in my area were filled, but there is chance not all the people will make it through the training. So, if someone else fucks up I'm in. She really seemed to like my resume, so that was a good sign. This was a government contract, but she recruits for other companies as well and wanted to keep my resume for other jobs too. So no job yet, but at least things are trending in the right direction. It was a nice confidence boost, and I don't feel so much like an unwanted piece crap.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Glad you are keeping a positive out look.
    Would it be wrong of me to hope one of those "other" people fail? Eh, not my style. I'll just keep hoping for good job news for you.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Ha! Awesome. How'd your oldest learn about the Goat Rodeo Sessions?! I only found out about them because I was searching for everything Chris Thile was a part of and remembered my mando teacher saying he'd done a project with Yo Yo Ma and Edgar Meyer.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Today's workout:

Tabata Snatches x 2
    Tabata Swings
    Push-ups, 40-20-20
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Sandbag Thrusters, 3 x 10
    Body rows, 3 x 10

Good workout today. Finally got the sand bags ready. The big one is a little bit much(120 lbs) to grab and pick up without having any handles on the bag. Just trying to grab a handfull of bag is rough on the finger tips with that much weight. At the moment I have 2 60lb bags in it. I may just break one of them down into a bunch of smaller ones to be able to adjust the weight for different stuff. I might also look for a bag with handles or try and add some to the existing bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Ha! Awesome. How'd your oldest learn about the Goat Rodeo Sessions?! I only found out about them because I was searching for everything Chris Thile was a part of and remembered my mando teacher saying he'd done a project with Yo Yo Ma and Edgar Meyer.
    Actually my wife found it. She's been in to cello music lately, and when she stumbled on this she thought it blended things we both would like. She was right, we both like it. Since there are no questionable lyrics(as far as little ears are concerned, and unlike most of the other albums in my collection) we don't mind playing it in the car with the kids. Since we now live in the middle of fucking nowhere and it takes 20-30 minutes just to get to the grocery store, it is nice to have something of that quality.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

You might want to check out the composer Bear McCreary. He's done a lot of TV show soundtrack music, nearly all of it for Battlestar Galactica (the newer series, not the old one). He's done some terrific stuff, and no lyrics, so no bad influence on the kiddies!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    You might want to check out the composer Bear McCreary. He's done a lot of TV show soundtrack music, nearly all of it for Battlestar Galactica (the newer series, not the old one). He's done some terrific stuff, and no lyrics, so no bad influence on the kiddies!
    You had me at Battlestar Galactica. I'll be sure to check him out.

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    You had me at Battlestar Galactica.
    One of the best shows of all time!

Today's workout:

bKB Snatches, 5 x 10
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Sandbag Thrusters, 4 x 10
    Push-ups, 40-20-20
    Body rows, 3 x 10

Good workout today(fasted as is the usual lately). After everyone wanted to go out to eat. The kids wanted Fujiyama Steakhouse with the whole cooking show in front of you thing. Since that is a little expensive to have on a regular basis, I thought we could try a place called Hibachi Buffet. As it turns out Hibachi Buffet is just a run of the mill crappy Chinese buffet. The closest thing they had to Japanese was some questionable looking sushi. I avoided the obviously breaded stuff, but the oils and soy sauce that I'm sure they used couldn't be avoided. I loaded up on as much protein as I could and had some rice on the side. Lesson learned: sometimes you get what you pay for. After we went to get some groceries at Kroger. I actually found grass-fed London broil on sale for $5.39 a lb! That is better than the conventional beef price!!!

Oh...and I found a kefir drink called KeVita. Same probiotics, but none of the kombucha fermented ass flavor.
    Last edited by skink531; 09-22-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Today's workout:

bKB Clean and Press, Ladder 1-10 each side
    Pull-ups, ladder 1-10
    Sandbag Thrusters, ladder 1-10
    bKB Swings, ladder 1-15

Ladders done as fast as possible while resting as needed(if that makes sense). I was planning on doing them up and then down, but by the time I got to the top I was fucking done. It was a nice change of pace.