skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Today's workout:

bKB Clean and Press, 4 x 10
    Pull-ups, 3 x 12
    Goblet squats, 3 x 12
    Push-ups, 40-35-25
    bKB Swings, 2 x 30

Shorter workout today, but still did the job. I shortened down so I would have time to shower and eat before heading out the door to go take another civil service test for job applications. Yes, I'm trying to get back on the government teat. It seems like half of the applications I'm submitting want a test. That's fine, but they are all different test. It would be nice if there was one test that covered multiple jobs. Oh well.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Keeping my fingers crossed you get something good... when going for a fed job, luck is all-important, no matter how qualified you are.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    One test for multiple jobs makes too much sense. What are you thinking?

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Exactly, Paula. Dave, you're clearly not cut out for government, sir. You're thinking? Ewww. Stop that this instant!

Also: KICK SOME ASS!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    One test for multiple jobs makes too much sense. What are you thinking?
    That would just be too easy said no one in the government ever.
    Georgette

Yes, you all have excellent points. I don't what I was thinking trying to be more efficient! I'll have to change my ways if I'm going to get ahead.

No workouts in the last few days. Just been busy with other stuff. We had to take the oldest to get glasses on Friday. We got suspicious when the straight A student in the gifted program was having trouble completing her work in class and not following the directions. It turns out she couldn't see any of them and was afraid to say anything. She now loves her glasses. She better, as much as the damn things cost!!! Saturday was soccer and today was the Children's Museum in Pittsburgh. On the way to the museum my oldest proved yet again just how cool my kids are. She asked me to put on the Goat Rodeo. What she meant was this:

I honestly can't think of another kid that would ask for that. Oh...and no desire for fucking Justin Beiber.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    My nine year old son is going to sleep listening to Weird Al.

Today's workout:

Overhead press, 3 x 10 each side
    Pull-ups, 3 x 12
    Goblet squats, 3 x 12
    Push-ups, 45-25-15
    Body rows, 3 x 10
    bKB Swings, 3 x 30

This was a rapid-fire style workout. 20-30 seconds between sets and exercises. Early on I took 20 seconds, toward the middle it was around 25, and by the end I had to take the full 30. By the time I made it to the swings I thought i was going to puke. So, to sum things up, good workout.

Tried my first Kombucha today(it's a ginger flavored one). I guess it's an acquired taste. It is sort of a mix of ginger, alkaseltzer, and butt. Actually, towards the end of the bottle it wasn't as bad(still not what I would categorize as good). What the hell, it's supposed to be good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    My nine year old son is going to sleep listening to Weird Al.
    You can't go wrong with Weird Al.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I found this article "How to craft an effective resume...", I don't know if it has any useful info for you, but you might want to check it out!

Tag Archive for "Leadership Skills" - FedSmith.com

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I found this article "How to craft an effective resume...", I don't know if it has any useful info for you, but you might want to check it out!

Tag Archive for "Leadership Skills" - FedSmith.com
    Thanks, Goldie! Luckily, I married an english professor and I let her write it for me. I read that article and it looks like she hit all the points they made pretty well.