Page 157 of 192 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1918

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 157

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I know how you feel, man. I'm sure you'll find something soon, and something that you're actually interested in!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I know how you feel, man. I'm sure you'll find something soon, and something that you're actually interested in!
    Yeah, I'm not too worried about it. So I lost a dead end job that I hated...OK. I want to find a job that gives me that "I made a difference" feeling and not the "I increased someones profit margin" feeling.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    I once attended a class by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman(US Army, Retired). He wrote the books On Killing, On Combat, and The Bullet-Proof Mind.
    Going down memory lane... I decided to start reading your journal from the beginning, Skink. I found this ^ on page 7.

Years ago I heard Lt. Col. Grossman give a talk based on his Bullet-Proof Mind book (I did my master's thesis on PTSD and Uncle Sam actually paid for me to go to the talk!) Absolutely amazing stuff; I really respect that man, and I totally agree with his sheep/wolves/sheepdog analogy.

Okay... sorry... carry on in the present!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Going down memory lane... I decided to start reading your journal from the beginning, Skink. I found this ^ on page 7.

Years ago I heard Lt. Col. Grossman give a talk based on his Bullet-Proof Mind book (I did my master's thesis on PTSD and Uncle Sam actually paid for me to go to the talk!) Absolutely amazing stuff; I really respect that man, and I totally agree with his sheep/wolves/sheepdog analogy.

Okay... sorry... carry on in the present!
    Wow...that did bring back memories. I still consider that one of the best classes I ever attended.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    I'm sure when my kids are grown I won't be squating them(they probably wouldn't let me, anyway).
    Well... when youngest was here visiting, we went to my Crossfit box together. The team workout included carrying each other 100 meters x 6 rounds (along with other exercises). Not quite the same as squats, but believe me, carrying an adult human being is not easy! She's 30 years old, that counts as an adult (at least chronologically)!

Okay I can now say that I'm caught up in your journal. I love your kettlebell stuff! I have a 26lb. one in my cube at work, and a 35lb. one at home. I play with them regularly!

Today's workout:

bKB Snatches, 3 x 10
    bB Clean and Press, 3 x 10
    Pull-ups, 3 x 12
    Pistols, 2 x 10
    Push-ups, 40-25-15
    Body rows, 3 x 10

Well, the one good thing about unemployment is I can get my workouts in while fasted.

Today's workout

Push-ups, 50-30-20
    Pull-ups, 3 x 12
    Tabata Snatches
    bKB Swings, 5 x 30 (30 second rest between each)

Condensed workout today since we were a little pressed for time(Oldest had soccer practice). It was short, but the tabata followed by the swings were pretty brutal. Last night was movie night with the kids(Willy Wanka) so I had some dark chocolate and macadamias. I really didn't eat too many, so I will be indulging again tonight(don't know what the movie will be yet).

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    One must have chocolate while watching Will Wonka.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Agreed. One may also turn into a giant blueberry, if that's preferred. We try not to judge 'round these here parts.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Agreed. One may also turn into a giant blueberry, if that's preferred. We try not to judge 'round these here parts.
    You both make excellent points. I would also just like to point out that it was the Gene Wilder version and not the new one. Not that I dislike Johnny Depp or Tim Burton, but that version failed to do anything for me.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Today's workout:

bKB Snatches, 3 x 10
    bKB Clean and Press, 3 x 10
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Goblet Squats, 3 x 10
    Push-ups, 50-30-25
    Body Rows, 3 x 10
    Bicep Curl, 1 x 12(immediately after rows)
    bKB Swings, 3 x 30

Felt good today, but what else is new. The more regular I stay with the workouts they are more consistently good(more consistently good? that doesn't seem like proper grammar, but fuck it). Last night I made chili and it was pretty damn good. I topped it with some raw cheddar I found at the store. The good thing about spending a bit more on cheese is that it makes you use it more in moderation(I have a tendency to go crazy with cheese on occasion.).
    Last edited by skink531; 09-09-2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: forgot the curls in the workout