Page 155 of 196 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1952

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 155

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    A little late but good luck on the job hunt.

As always, I love the exercise stuff you do with your kids.
    Thanks Pebbles. I've been hitting the jobs pretty hard lately, but nothing yet. I have a feeling this week could be my last at this place.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Today's workout

Warm-up: hour long walk with the dog and then a good game of tag.

Push-ups, 50-30-20
    Pull-ups, 3 x 12
    Triple Tabata Swings

Wow, 12 minutes of swinging is a bitch. I was feeling it more in my grip than anywhere else, but it got the heart pumping pretty good.

Today is my oldest daughter's 8th birthday. We will be leaving here shortly to go camping(it's what she asked for). I'll help make the S'mores, but I don't think I'll have any. I'm going to get some sausage for me to cook over the fire and let the rest of the family have the hotdogs. We plan on some paddle boating, fishing, hiking, and just general playing. We'll be back tomorrow afternoon, so not a long trip. Besides, there's school monday, at least for the big one. For some reason they are starting kindergarten 2 weeks later, even though they are at the same school.

On the job front, I have several resumes out there that I think I have a good chance with. But in the mean time, my wife just went back to adjunct teaching and will be making with 2 classes what I was making with 40 hours a week. Should they let me go this week, at least we won't see a difference in the money coming in.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    A little late but good luck on the job hunt.

As always, I love the exercise stuff you do with your kids.
    I second both of those! Kid exercise is both adorable and awesome. I speak only as an honourary uncle, but yeah... it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    We will be leaving here shortly to go camping(it's what she asked for). I'll help make the S'mores, but I don't think I'll have any. I'm going to get some sausage for me to cook over the fire and let the rest of the family have the hotdogs. We plan on some paddle boating, fishing, hiking, and just general playing.
    That. Is. Amazing. Just in case you're not privy to this (though I know you are), your daughters are awesome. Not many kids would opt for camping vs having a few friends over for a sleepover with movies and horrible snacks. That's damn cool in my book.

On the job front, I have several resumes out there that I think I have a good chance with. But in the mean time, my wife just went back to adjunct teaching and will be making with 2 classes what I was making with 40 hours a week. Should they let me go this week, at least we won't see a difference in the money coming in.
    Get 'er done, man. Grats to the wife-unit and g'luck to you on looking for better alternatives. I certainly feel ya. Harper just prorogued Parliament, which means my going back to work mid-September has been pushed back to... well... sometime in October (unannounced). I need to get the hell out of this country. Thinking of getting my motorcycle licence, buying a second-hand bike and heading south. Way south. I'd have to stop by your place on my way through. Not sure I could excuse myself otherwise.

Sick of this silly crap. This isn't living. It's being allowed to be poor, and suffering so others can gain advantage. Fucking senators misspending seven times my annual salary. That's fucked up.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Thanks Patrick. That is one hell of a compliment. My kids awesomeness amazes me on a regular basis.

This isn't living. It's being allowed to be poor, and suffering so others can gain advantage.
    By the way, this is one of the best things I have read. This sums up society and what is wrong with it. Let me know if you figure out what we need to do. I'm always up for a good revolution.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________-

Today's workout:

Hill Sprints

Haven't actually done them yet, but I plan on doing between 5 and 8 sprints. It's just me and the older daughter today(little one and wife are of meeting the new the new kindergarten teacher), so she is going to be the time keeper on the sprints.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Sprints completed. 2 at 50-60% as a warm-up, followed by 6 at 100%.

As for camping...it was awesome. We could probably cut down on all of the anti-anxiety meds being prescribed, and just start having people look at a camp fire every night. food was not good on Saturday night. I ate hotdogs with buns, chips, and even a S'more(that I said I wasn't going to have). The next day I didn't even feel that bad(other than having to drop a massive deuce). Maybe the relaxation factor helped mitigate the gluten and the crap exposure. We had loots of fun playing for 2 days. On sunday I think we started a trend. The water was low in the creek, so me and my oldest went walking out in the creek on all of the exposed rocks. Before long, about a dozen other kids where out there looking for things to catch along with us. I only got 1 or 2 funny looks for the VFF's when we went to the campground breakfast thing. I got eggs and bacon, although I'm not sure what the eggs where cooked in(not that I was thinking about it at the time).

Oh...and I found that a Kroger's near me has a pretty big organic selection and even has grass fed beef. It's a little pricey, but about the same as grass fed anywhere else. I mainly stick to the ground beef to save money, but I saw that you can get the more expensive cuts cheap as they near there sell by date.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Today's workout

Daughter squats, 3 x 10
    That's an excellent way to increase how much you can lift, gradually...

I Crossfit, and although my kids are grown and scattered across the US, my youngest and I Crossfit "together". We tell each other about our WODs via text.

It doesn't hurt that I pay for youngest's Crossfit fees...

Oh...and I found that a Kroger's near me has a pretty big organic selection and even has grass fed beef. It's a little pricey, but about the same as grass fed anywhere else. I mainly stick to the ground beef to save money, but I saw that you can get the more expensive cuts cheap as they near there sell by date.
    I get all my veggies at our local Kroger. Their produce is excellent--miles better than what the base commissary has.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post

It doesn't hurt that I pay for youngest's Crossfit fees...
    That puts you in the "Awesome Mom" category. I'm sure when my kids are grown I won't be squating them(they probably wouldn't let me, anyway). I think my favorite part of it is the giggles, and having them count my reps for me.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Today's workout:

bKB Clean and Press, 4 x 10
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    bKB Goblet Squats, 3 x 12
    Push-ups, 40-25-20
    Body rows, 3 x 10
    bKB swings, 1 x 60

Felt good today. Kept the rest periods to just enough to catch my breath. Not a lot to say, but that it seems like all my workouts have felt good lately. Humidity was up today, so I was dripping pretty good(reminded me a little of Florida workouts).

OK...I WILL get my sand bags completed to up my workouts a bit. Besides, my wife is tired of the bags of sand lying around.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    That puts you in the "Awesome Mom" category.
    She's in two categories: "awesome daughter" and "poor student" !

So tonight's menu was mostly primal. The only thing is I might have(accidentally, mind you) drank three margaritas with 1800 floaters. Oh...and I might now be drinking some pear cider, because fuck it, I can. So as it turns out, as of tuesday I was "down sized". Apparently it is more "Cost Effective" to not have me working for you. I don't want to appear anti-Nepalese, but is it really better for the economy to bring a shit ton of those guys over rather than keep paying me? I can't blame them. They are just trying to make it by in this world the same as me. I've even gone so far as to start applying for government jobs again(everything from investigator with the lottery to probation and parole). Let's hope something happens soon. I'm not one to like accepting charity(aka-unemployment). So yeah....I'm kind of drunk right now.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Ah, now I understand the uncharacteristic flirtatious behavior in my journal. (Not complaining of course.)

I'm sorry about the job situation. I hope something good comes up soon.

Ah, now I understand the uncharacteristic flirtatious behavior in my journal. (Not complaining of course.)

I'm sorry about the job situation. I hope something good comes up soon.
    Thanks P. I really wasn't trying to come off as flirtatious, but I can see how it looks that way. You've made great progress and deserve the attention. Things will turn around for me in time.