Page 154 of 196 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1958

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 154

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks Pebbles, I'm trying to do my best. I hope my girls have memories like that of me someday.

Patrick, that gif is awesome! If that were me I would be worried about freezing off my trigger finger(as well as other important appendages).

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______

Today's workout:

bKB Clean and press, 3 x 10
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Goblet squats, 3 x 12
    Push-ups, 40-20-15
    Body rows, 3 x 10
    bKB swings, 1 x 50

I was going to workout yesterday, but was feeling too tired after work. Today was good though.

On Sunday we took the kids to the Pittsburgh Zoo. It was nice, and we walked about 250 miles. The zoo was nice, but after being at the zoo in Miami it was on the smallish side by comparison. It doesn't matter though, my wife loves being in Pittsburgh. She is a small town girl that loves the city.

As far as my FIL goes, I don't hate him. We're just very different people. I've heard that girls marry men like their fathers. Well, my wife went the opposite direction. Today was a perfect example. On Monday the grandparent took the kids camping and were going to stay until Wednesday. They were going to go to Atwood about 2 hours away in Ohio. Instead they went to the park that is 3 minutes up the road. It took them 3 days to load the camper to go 3 minutes away. Then, today they came back so the grandmother could work in her garden and the grandfather stayed here until about 6 pm mowing grass. Really? The grass couldn't wait until you come home tomorrow? You are supposed to be camping with your grandchildren! As it turns out, they called a little bit ago because the kids wanted to come home early, so I went and picked them up. I don't blame them, it sounds like they didn't have that much fun. Like I said, I don't hate them, they just get on our nerves sometimes.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Today's workout:

bKB Snatches, 4 x 10
    bKB Clean and press, 4 x 8
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Body rows, 3 x 10
    bKB Swings, 3 x 30

Felt really good today. I'm just getting over a nasty cold(still some minor congestion) and was thinking it was going to suck today, but I crushed it pretty good. I'm stinking to my plan of treats only Friday. I have some macadamia nuts and dark chocolate with sea salt waiting for me in a little bit. I swear that I will eat both in moderation and won't eat the entire bar of chocolate and entire can of nuts.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Today's workout

Daughter squats, 3 x 10
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Tabata lKB snatches x 2
    Tabata lKB swings

Not a long workout, but it was pretty tough. Haven't done a tabata workout in a while. It got me sweating pretty good. I did my workout fasted and then stayed fasted for a while after. We took the kids to a birds of prey show at the park. They wanted to adopt the little screech owl. We ended up eating at the crappy buffet in town. I managed to avoid anything real crappy and ate only what looked like real food. No telling what oils were used, but oh well. We had to finish up the back to school shopping and the choices of restaurants in town is pretty limited.

Today's workout:

bKB Clean and press, 6 x 8
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Push-ups, 30-30-20
    bKB Goblet squats, 3 x 12
    Body rows, 3 x 10
    bKB Swings, 3 x 30

Good workout today. Felt strong all the way through and could have probably done more. After we went out for dinner. We did texas Roadhouse. I might have had some of the battered and fried onion thingy, and maybe a couple of margaritas with 1800 floaters. Right now I may be drinking beer and I might be a little drunk. Fuck it, I'm a grown-up and I'm allowed.

I've taken today, and the next couple days, off to go job searching. I've seen the writing on the wall at the current place. This place is going no where with no chance for advancement. Not to mention, we got word that the management is trying to replace all of the permanent employees with foreign temp workers. Apparently there is a government wage subsidy for them, and they only pay $4-5 an hour for them. At first i thought it was BS, but I have seen them getting rid of good people for stupid reasons and bus loads of the temps coming in to apply. I'm not going to wait to be fired for a BS reason, or have to train my replacement. So yeah, I'm blowing off a little steam tonight.

Rice might not be as much of a benign grain after all.

Toxin Found in Most U.S. Rice Causes Genetic Damage

Today's workout:

Push-ups, 50-30-20
    Pull-ups, 4 x 10
    Goblet carry walking lunges, 4 x 20
    Body rows, 4 x 10
    Tabata snatches
    Tabata swings

Good workout today. Girls came out with me and we had fun. They did my warm up with me(stretches, joint mobility, jumping jacks, and a short jog around the field) and then did the push-ups with me. Well, the oldest did. The little one thought it was more fun to put stuff on my back while I did them. After they thought it was more fun to go roll down the hill, but that was cool too. We are going to go to the pool here in a little while, but we will probably freeze our butts off. It seem like fall is getting here early.

Today's workout:

Daughter squats, 4 x 10
    bKB Clean and press, 4 x 10
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    bKB goblet carry walking lunges, 2 x 20
    Push-ups, 40-30-25
    Body rows, 3 x 10

Felt good today. The kids get a kick out of being my weights, and it actually gives you a good workout. After I had a breakfast/lunch of hard-boiled eggs and a tomato. You want weird looks? Eat a tomato like an apple and people get all weirded out. After the girls and I went out to play in the yard. We ended up playing a game invented by my oldest where you throw a stick and then have to guess how many jumps it will take for you to reach it. Closest one to their number wins. So basically it is a whole lot of broad jumping. I should probably a list it as part of my workout as plyometrics since it wore me out, but it was more play.

Today's workout:

bKB Clean and press, 4 x 10
    Pull-up/Chin-up(alternating each set), 4 x 12
    Push-ups, 50-30
    bKB Swings, 3 x 30

Felt good today. Shorter workout, but pushed pretty hard. Actually, when you think about it, the clean and press is 4 sets on each arm, but that's 8 sets on the legs, so it does hit the legs pretty good. I was going to rant about my FIL doing shit to annoy me, but decided I am going to stay positive tonight and not dwell on the negative. That's not to say that there won't be future rants.

Today's workout:

bKB Snatches, 2 x 10
    bKB Clean and Press, 3 x 10
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Push-ups, 40-20-15
    Body-rows, 3 x 10
    Goblet squats, 3 x 10
    bKB Swings, 1 x 30

The workout was done at a fast pace with a 30 second rest between everything. In other words, it kicked my ass.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A little late but good luck on the job hunt.

As always, I love the exercise stuff you do with your kids.