Page 153 of 196 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1958

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 153

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Broke it on a forest path while walking through a bit of urban wilderness to help a friend film a bit of stuff for the end of a video project he did:

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Broke it on a forest path while walking through a bit of urban wilderness to help a friend film a bit of stuff for the end of a video project he did:
    It's always when you would least expect it. Nice mandolin playing, by the way.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Today's workout:

Push-ups, 35-20-15-15-10
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Pistol squats, 3 x 10 each side
    Body rows, 3 x 10
    Tabata lKB Snatches

Pistols are hard..my quads are aching right now. Doing the tabata at the end of the workout after I'm spent adds a whole new dimension to them. It didn't help that it was 93 degrees today. It's like being back in Florida.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Today's workout:

bKB Snatches, 3 x 10
    bKB Clean and Press, 4 x 8
    Daughter Squats, 5 x 10 (I'll explain these later)
    Push-ups, 45-25-25
    Burpees, 2 x 20
    Bear Crawls(not sure how far)
    Crab Walk(not sure how far)

So, the workout started like a normal one, but circumstances changed and I had to bring the girls out with me. I got the kettlebell stuff done before they came back, but the rest of the workout was done with them, and in between games of robot tag. The daughter squats are really pretty self explanatory. You pick up your daughters, put them over your shoulders, and then do squats. If you don't own daughters you can try borrowing them from a neighbor. I'm not sure if it would work the same with sons, but maybe. Got the girls to count the push-ups for me. Little one counted the burpees, and even attempted a few herself. The bear crawls and the crab walk was made into a game. Little one chose her animals to pretend to be and we went around the yard until I couldn't go anymore. FYI...Crab walking up hill is a real bitch. All in all it was a really good workout, and a fun one too. After we went to the state park and took about an hour and a half walk on some trails. It was nice to get away into the woods for a while.

Now for a short rant. As I was going out to workout I saw my father in law out picking up sticks in the yard. He says to me "You know, picking up sticks is good exercise too." I thought "No, it's fucking drudgery" but said "I'll be happy to help as soon as I'm done with what I'm doing." He acted annoyed. I guess he thought I should stop what I'm doing a do what he thinks I should be doing. Fuck him. The thing I don't understand is that he is so fucking anal about keeping the yard perfectly mowed and trimmed, but the only time he EVER goes out into the yard is when he is mowing or doing some other work. And we aren't even talking about large branches that might actually be bad to take the mower over, he was picking up little fucking sticks and twigs. The part that pisses me of is that I try to be friendly, patient, easy going, and helpful. If I'm asked to do something for someone I rarely say no, but I'm getting really fucking sick and tired of people thinking the things I do for myself are unimportant and unnecessary. What is the big fucking deal that I take an hour every other day or two for myself? And yes, I will prioritize playing with my kids over fucking yard work any day. Yes, it is important to take care of what you own, and I do get it done. Just not on someone else's time, and not at the expense of time with my family. Maybe if he had more of that mentality his own daughter would have such a shitty relationship with him. Oh yeah...and he doesn't hesitate to take whatever time he wants to do his own hobbies(even when one of those hobbies is sitting on his ass watching TV all day).

OK...rant complete.

Tomorrow is Kennywood. Not even going to try and eat clean at an amusement park.

Today's workout:

bKB Snatches, 3 x 10
    bKB Clean and Press, 5 x 8
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    bKb Walking Lunges, 2 x 20
    Push-ups, 40-20-15
    Body rows, 3 x 10

Been a while since the last workout(10 days to be exact), but I've been busy. Last Sunday we went to Kennywood, and i I found out my oldest is an adrenaline junky. We went on the Thunderbolt which is about a 2 minute long wooden roller coaster with some pretty good drops and turns. I was worried it might be a little too much for her, but when it ended she yelled "Again!!!" Food sucked that day, but what can you do? This last weekend my mom and step dad visited. We took them around Pittsburgh and had a good time. That was 2 more days of crap(but good tasting) food. I noticed that after 2 days of gluten and the joints in both of my thumbs hurt...that's a new one.

I've been taking a closer look at what I have been eating lately. I have stopped buying macadamia nuts. I lack the ability to not eat the whole can. I save them for Friday night when we have "Fun Friday Movie Night". It was getting to just be a habit to snack on them every night and had nothing to do with hunger. Also, I noticed my dinner portions have been getting bigger. I'm actually full a while before I stop eating. This is another habit I need to break. Other than that I'm pretty good.

canio6 Guest
    Sounds like we share some similar habits. Macadamia nuts really are like crack though. BTW good rant, and I agree, f*ck him.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Sounds like we share some similar habits. Macadamia nuts really are like crack though. BTW good rant, and I agree, f*ck him.
    Thanks Canio. Rants are fun, aren't they?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______

Today's workout:

bKB Clean and Press, 6 x 8
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Push-ups, 40-25-15
    Body Rows, 3 x 10
    bKB Swings, 2 x 30

Feel like I need to up the rep range on the press. Could I be getting stronger, or was this a fluke workout? Today's workout wasn't that long, but it was tough. Rest intervals were just long enough to stop huffing and puffing(30 seconds or so) and then on to the next.

FYI...I'm a lazy fuck. I have 180 lbs of sand sitting in the other room and have yet to turn them into something useful. 120 to go into a duffel bag and the other 60 on it's on. I want to wrap the bags in duct tape to make sure they don't break open first, but I haven't felt like doing it.

Dinner tonight was a big salad and sirloin steak with grilled orange bell peppers. What is it about the orange ones that makes them so fucking good?

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    It's always when you would least expect it. Nice mandolin playing, by the way.
    Thanks! (Sorry, didn't see this post somehow. I blame Jon!) Foot's all mended and I'm up to 10k barefoot runs with weight. Gotta step it up. Only got 6 weeks left to train for the Army Run! And them dude's iz srs.

Your workouts have been awesome lately. You've obviously become Teh Badass™.

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

PS: We're training for a follow-up to the War of 1812:

Canadian warfare.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your FIL rant sounds justified.

I wanted to say that I think you are giving your daughters the lovely gift of special time with Dad and the lesson that taking care of your health is important. My Dad and I used to fish and sing together when I was a kid. My 15 yr old son has his beautiful bass voice. Whenever he sings I remember my Dad.