Page 152 of 185 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1841

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 152

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Today's workout:

100 KB Snatches, done as fast as possible.
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Push-ups, 35-20-15
    Body rows, 3 x 10
    100 KB Swings, as fast as possible.

I didn't time them but I was happy with the pace with the kettlebells. Some definite huffing and puffing going on.

So, Sunday we took the kids to the Children's Museum in Pittsburgh. It was our second visit and the kids love it, so we went ahead and bought a membership. It pays for itself in 2 visits, so it's worth it.After we were going out for some dinner. My wife gave me an ear full of how our dinning options are always so limited due to my eating habits. I gave in and let her pick. We ended up going to Di Felice Brothers(supposedly ranked #1 for something). I don't mind the occasional cheat when good food is involved, so what the hell. Disappointed does not come close to describing it. It tasted like a fucking PIzza Hut pan pizza. What a fucking joke. So I got to feel like crap and didn't even get good pizza. Today I came home from work early. there was a water main break, and I guess the FDA gets all funny about making vitamins and supplements when you can't do things like wash your hands, so we were sent home. We went down to Wheeling and hung out in the Cabelas store for a while. We had dinner at a steak place. It was decent, but nothing special. It's real food though. The same argument came from my wife about limited restaurant choices. I asked just how fair it is to me that I have to feel like crap because she doesn't want to listen to crappy country music in a chain steak place. It's not my fault our choices in this area are shit. I will only want to eat in a place were something resembling real food is available.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Today's workout:

Tabata snatches x 2 (1 min rest in between)
    Cement block thrusters, 3 x 12
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Push-ups. 35-20-15
    Body rows, 3 x 10

Warm-up today was about an hour walk with the dog, then right into the workout. It was done fasted, so even if I did less stuff than other days it kicked by ass pretty good.

About to go cook up a bunch of meat for the holiday celebration, then it's of to the local parade. Not sure if there will be fireworks tonight or not.

Happy 4th everyone....don't blow any fingers off tonight.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Today's workout:

KB Snatches, 3 x 10 each side
    KB Clean and Press. 2 x 8 each side
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Goblet squats, 3 x 10
    Push-ups, 40-20-15
    Body rows, 3 x 10

Used the heavier KB today, so lower rep range. Still kept the rest intervals fairly short, so intensity was pretty high. Still having the same issue with the goblet squats where I get fatigued in the arms from holding the kettlebell before the legs get fatigued. We already have plans to go to Lowe's today for some other stuff, so I will be getting several sand bags to make one heavy one(100-150 lbs) and a smaller one(50 lbs).

Yesterday wasn't an official workout, but I did help my father in law clear a tree that fell. He cut the trunk into several decent sized logs and suggested I roll them over to a brush pile. Fuck that, I stood them up on end, dead lifted them up, carried them to the pile and threw them as much as possible. It was kind of fun. After we took the kids into town for the delayed 4th of July/Summer festival. The parade was pretty crappy so I was hopping the festival part would be better. It wasn't. One crappy bounce house that was way too small for the amount of kids there. Most of it was crappy baked goods and churches giving away free bibles. It was looking like the food choices were going to be just as bad. My wife went with a cheese steak and the kids had fries. I was loosing hope when I saw an old man and his wife running a BBQ stand off to the side. I got a half rack of ribs and a chicken leg and thigh. They put the sauce on the side for me so I could get a little bit of the flavor without it swimming in it. They did a really good job...I devoured that shit. The "festival" sucked, so we left. We took the kids to the pool and had a pretty good time there, so the day was saved.

Today's workout:

Tabata snatches
    Cement block thrusters, 3 x 12
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Push-ups, 35-20-15
    Body rows, 3 x 10
    100 swings

Very humid out today(lots of rain followed by sun), and I was dripping pretty good. If you were ever wondering what 100 swings feels like, well...you'd have to experience it to know. I hope everyone tries it. To quote something I heard Jason Seib say, You'll be "Limpin' like a pimp."

You may notice no mention of sand bags. We did go to Lowe's, but it just didn't work out. Apparently around here Lowe's closes at 7 pm on Sunday. We decided to eat before going, and then my wife spent an ungodly amount of time wandering in the garden section. All we ended up getting was a couple of flowers. They were kicking us out before I had a chance to get the rest of the stuff.

I have come to a realization. 1) I must stop buying macadamia nuts, because 2) I will not stop eating them while they are in the house. I have been snacking on them out of habit and not out of hunger. They will have to be a weekend treat from now on.

I heard about a new farmer's market that opened up. It claims to have organic produce, "farm-fresh" meat and cheese, and gluten-free treats. I'm not sure if "farm-fresh" will equal "grass-fed", but we'll see. I'm really hoping they will have eggs. The other farmer's market close by is pretty lame, and didn't have much there the last time I went by. This new one sounds good, but you never know. If it is good, then maybe the people will come to the other one too. The new one is on Thursday and the other is on Monday. I went by monday looking for cucumbers and couldn't find any. Even fucking Walmart was out of cucumbers.

Yesterday's workout:

Swimming at the pool with the kids for about 4 hours. Not technically a workout, I know. As it turns out, when I got to work it appears as a large chunk of Pittsburgh lost power during the previous nights storm. The went ahead and sent everyone home(no argument from me). We checked out the farmer's market and then went to the pool. it was a fun time.

The farmer's market was combination farmer's market and flea market. That is good in a way, since has stuff to keep the kids and wife occupied when I'm getting a nerdy about food. I was told that it is still a little early in the harvest season, so that is why only one produce vendor so far. there was some local honey, and I did pick up some really good cheese from a little producer from a nearby place in Ohio. I got a chance to talk to the beef people. The old lady got all happy when I aked what the cows eat. They raise the cows on pasture year round, but supplement their hay with barley and oats during the winter months. So maybe it isn't technically "100% grass fed and finished", but still they do a pretty damn good job. I saw they won a bunch of awards for conservation and environmental stewardship. At least the grains they use aren't shit like GMO corn and soy, and it is only as a supplement for the winter. They have a "Family Pack" that is 45 lbs of various cuts and and ground beef for $350. It may be more than Walmart, but I don't think you can really compare the two. I will have to do some comparing and seeing if it can fit in to the budget. They sell the ground beef for $5.75 a pound by itself, which is less that what I paid for it when we lived in Florida and could by grass-fed at Publix. I might ask if the would do a bulk order of ground beef and help me out of the price.

Oh...I was watching Tangled with my daughters just now. The main thing that I noticed about the movie was that Rapunzel was barefoot throughout the movie.

Today's workout:

bKB snatches, 3 x 10 each side
    bKB clean and press, 4 x 8 each side
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Push-ups, 35-25-15
    Pistol squats(assisted, of course), 3 x 10 each side

Holy shit, pistols suck! I need to do them more often. I had more stuff planned, but after those I said "Fuck it! I'm done." Other than than it was a good workout. No rain for the last couple of days, so I didn't have to worry about slipping in the mud.

yesterday's workout: Helping my father in law install a big-ass picture window, and then taking the kids to the pool. The window was heavy, but once in place, there wasn't a whole lot for me to do. the kids, however, made it there mission to wear me out. Between the two of them I had two different types of exercises. The workouts consist of me picking them up and throwing them. The older one is bigger and after a couple of throws she wants to go do other stuff for a little while before coming back for more, so that would be higher weight with lower reps. The little one likes me to throw her up and then catch her so she doesn't go that far under water, and she immediately says "AGAIN!!!" and she never gets tired of it. With her its low weight and high reps for more of a muscle endurance type deal. And lets not forget that this nicely takes care of the all important play aspect that Mark is big on for a healthy lifestyle. The only down side is that the pool ain't free and it ain't that cheap. We've gone twice this week and they want to go again today, but I don't know. Next weekend we are planning a trip to Kennywood, so maybe we should save it. I've never been to Kennywood, but I here from my wife that it is fun, so it will be a first for the kids and me.

Today we are finally making it back to Lowe's, and I will get my sandbags today.

Oh...and I have started making the designation for my workouts for what kettlebell I'm using so when I go back and look for making future workouts I'll know what to grab. bKB = big one and lKB = little one. I'm a bit simple and would forget what the hell I did several months down the road, so this should help me keep it straight.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Sounds awesome, man! Though I'm not posting often -- here or anywhere on this site -- I'm still reading. I broke my toe a few weeks ago and it's set me back big time. Will need two weeks (hopefully starting this coming week) to get back to normal... and I have a half marathon in late Sep to get up to speed on re: training. Stupid injuries.

Keep kicking ass!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Sounds awesome, man! Though I'm not posting often -- here or anywhere on this site -- I'm still reading. I broke my toe a few weeks ago and it's set me back big time. Will need two weeks (hopefully starting this coming week) to get back to normal... and I have a half marathon in late Sep to get up to speed on re: training. Stupid injuries.

Keep kicking ass!
    Ouch...broken toes suck. It's hard to avoid using your foot to let it heal. Was this a training injury, or a stumbling to the bathroom in the dark while drunk and tripped over some furniture injury? Heal up soon. You're a better man than me for attempting a half marathon.