Page 150 of 192 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1912

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 150

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I just want to say that if you're not cooking bacon to go on your salad and then using the bacon grease to make salad dressing, then brother you ain't livin'.

My father in law mentioned to me that whenever I make dinner the house ends up smelling like bacon. I responded with "You're welcome." That was the only thing I felt was appropriate as a response, but I don't think that was the one expected.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    LMAO Great response. 100% on the money.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Today's workout:

Tabata snatches x 2
    Tabata swings x 2
    Cement block thrusters, 4 x 10
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Push-ups, 40-20-10
    Body rows, 3 x 10

Haven't done a tabata type workout in a while, and it kicked my butt. Now we are getting ready to go for an early father's day lunch to beat the crowds on sunday since decent restaurants near by here are limited. Going to a steak house to get the largest steak they have.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Not that I advocate eating cake, but this one is awesome.

And I think this just belongs here.

Well, my father's day lunch/dinner was nice. We went to the Texas Roadhouse. Not the fanciest place, but short of driving in to Pittsburgh it's the best we can do. I went with the 20 oz. bone in ribeye with sauteed onion, loaded baked potato, and green beans(cooked with bacon...woohoo!). I may have had a few bites of whatever they call their version of the awesome blossom, and maybe a margarita or 3. Don't judge me!!! Anyway it was nice. Right now I am watching kid's movies while drinking some hard pear cider. Wasn't in the mood for beer and the bloating that often accompanies it. The cider has a nice light and refreshing taste that goes pretty good in the warm weather. Never had pear cider before. It's pretty good.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Happy belated Father's Day!

I like cider as a drink option as well. I tried a lot of different flavors at a craft beer event back in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Happy belated Father's Day!

I like cider as a drink option as well. I tried a lot of different flavors at a craft beer event back in March.
    Thanks, it was a nice day and the cider was I nice change of pace. I do like a good beer every now and then, but they don't carry much in the way of good beer locally.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

Today's workout:

Tabata snatches
    Double tabata swings
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Cement block thrusters, 3 x 10
    Push-ups, 30-20-15
    Body rows, 3 x 10
    Bicep curls(body weight on rings), 2 x 10

Double tabata swings damn near killed me, but it felt good when I was done. I decided to throw in some curls 'cuz hey, you gotta be ready for the pool come summer time.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    What are double swings? Two kettlebells?
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

That would be a double Tabata, so an 8 minute interval. Just one kettlebell.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Nice, man!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)