Shop Now
    Today's workout:

KB Clean and press, 3 x 8 each side
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Goblet squats, 4 x 12
    Push-ups, 30-20-10
    Body rows, 3 x 10
    KB swings, 1 x 40 - 1 x 30

Got a late start today, so I was in a really fasted state. After i new I had to eat, but after a good workout the appetite really wasn't there. I made myself eat a potato, and after I got it down I felt better and had 3 scrambled eggs.

I can hear it now..."Oh my god! He said he ate a potato! Not a sweet potato, a regular potato!" Yeah, that's right a fucking potato. It's real fucking food, and according to everything out there now it's pretty nutrient dense. I don't have any auto-immune issues that I'm aware of, so I'm good. Besides they are affordable.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Dude, you ate a potato? Just when I thought I knew you.

*unfriend*

somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Dude, you ate a potato? Just when I thought I knew you.

*unfriend*

I am so ashamed.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    A potato? HOW DARE YOU! <slaps you in the face>

I had a hamburger on Saturday night. My friend and I wrapped the handmade patties in double-smoked bacon, added blue cheese, avocado, hot peppers, some other condiments and stuck it in [half] a ciabatta bun. Oh fuck yes it was awesome. And we had some chips. I might have also had wings and beer for lunch. Maybe.

That said, I really REALLY pay for going off Primal these days. Don't know why/when that's started up. In a way, it's good, but man... it makes awesome cheats a bit less awesome. And I loves me some food cheatin'.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    A potato? HOW DARE YOU! <slaps you in the face>

I had a hamburger on Saturday night. My friend and I wrapped the handmade patties in double-smoked bacon, added blue cheese, avocado, hot peppers, some other condiments and stuck it in [half] a ciabatta bun. Oh fuck yes it was awesome. And we had some chips. I might have also had wings and beer for lunch. Maybe.

That said, I really REALLY pay for going off Primal these days. Don't know why/when that's started up. In a way, it's good, but man... it makes awesome cheats a bit less awesome. And I loves me some food cheatin'.
    That sounds really fucking awesome. Every now and then it is worth the price you pay, especially with a meal like that.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I think white potatoes are referred to as "safe starches" in some circles.

As Mom's everywhere say to their sons, "Always Use Protection" um...I mean, "Safety First". Yeah, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I think white potatoes are referred to as "safe starches" in some circles.

As Mom's everywhere say to their sons, "Always Use Protection" um...I mean, "Safety First". Yeah, that's it.
    HAHA...That reminded of my mom trying to tell me to be careful when I went away to college.

Oh, and I just read a thread in the nutrition forum where someone was worried about having an Omega 6 deficiency. What?!?! Have they been reading a different blog than i have? Why do I continue to punish myself by venturing out of the journals?

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Oh, and I just read a thread in the nutrition forum where someone was worried about having an Omega 6 deficiency. What?!?! Have they been reading a different blog than i have? Why do I continue to punish myself by venturing out of the journals?
    You should have responded for them to take 2 tbsp of canola oil in the morning and 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in the evening.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    You should have responded for them to take 2 tbsp of canola oil in the morning and 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in the evening.
    Yes...take 2 Tbsp of Country Crock and call me in the morning.

Today's wrkout:

2 sets each side of - 5 swings, 5 high-pulls, 5 snatches, 5 clean and press, 5 lunges.
    Pull-ups - 3 x 10
    Goblet squats - 3 x 10
    Push-ups - 1 x 30 1 x 20 1 x 10

Short workout today. I had originally planned to workout at about 11:30 and then eat lunch right after. Plans changed and the workout got pushed to 3:30, and no lunch was eaten either so I was ultra fasted for the workout. I think my energy was a bit low from the long fast, not to mention I had just spent about 4 hours on a tractor in the sun cutting grass.

Normally the tractor duties are my father in law's, and his tractor is his baby that nobody gets to touch. The thing is he just had surgery to get a foot of his intestines removed. This is his second surgery and the second foot of intestines removed. I think I have mentioned before that he has Crohn's. I have resisted preaching the gospels of Sisson and Wolf on my wife's recommendation(knowing how her dad responds to advise). He is pretty much resigned to the idea of what the doctors have told him, that there is no cure and nothing you can do except take immune suppressing drugs to try and control it. I have a feeling though that even if I explained everything to him and showed him all of the success stories of people that sent their Crohn's into remission, he still wouldn't change. I may start to ease may way into it anyway and see how it goes. How do you sit back and watch someone slowly let themselves deteriorate into nothing without trying to help, even if they ignore you?