Page 147 of 195 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1950

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 147

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Wow...Calves still a bit sore. They were real stiff when I first got out of bed, but are loosening up pretty well as I am up and moving around. Today will be a strength training day followed by yard work, so it should be pretty active. Having my usual coffee for breakfast and will probably try and get my workout started around 11 or 11:30, then lunch and lawn work. For dinner tonight I have some boneless beef ribs in the crockpot with some homemade (paleo friendly) BBQ sauce. I've used the sauce before with brisket, so I would imagine it will be just as good on ribs.

We did the Hotdog Shoppe yesterday. I decided to not look like a freak by not eating and ordered a double cheese burger sans bun, but that was apparently just as freakish. Two ultra skinny beef patties with a slice of American cheese and slice of tomato and onions. The spicy mustard and hot sauce I threw on top was the tastiest part. The food over all was just as I remembered...slop. My wife was very disappointed. She realized that her tastes have changed drastically since her teen years and now realizes she used to like garbage. After we went to the park and had enough fun to wipe away all negative thoughts.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Damn, you're kicking ass, Dave! I was lazy for a week or so. Back into things today. Spartan Race in three weeks, soooo...
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Well, I just ventured out of the journals and looked at the rest of the forum. Why? I don't know. But now I remember why I don't. I was about to respond to some of the stuff and offer some advise, but I stopped myself. I realized that no good would come of this and by telling people the same things that Mark Sisson, Robb Wolf, etc. are saying would bring a huge shit storm. Who needs that? It makes me wonder though, how do you become part of the paleo/primal community and not actually know what the smart people who are doing all the research are saying? They are calling themselves "Paleo" or "Primal", but have no clue what either of those terms mean. They are doing their own fucked up version(that is obviously failing them based on the shit they are saying). If they are out in the public representing themselves as examples of paleo/primal living, it's no wonder why we still receive ridicule from the mainstream. I long for the days when the forum was full of intelligent dialogue. It's OK to have questions, especially when you are new to this, but you should at least have tried to do your own research and now at least the basic concepts. Then when you have questions on how to apply them and make them work, that's cool.

OK...rant over. Sorry if I have offended anyone. I know many people who I respect and admire still have questions and are trying to make this work, and you are not the ones I was referring to. I don't mean to come off as saying "I have figured it out, why the fuck haven't you!" We are all still learning together.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

geostump is offline Senior Member
    How far are you from Pomeroy, OH? There's a dairy having an open house on either June 1 or June 8. It's called Snowville Creamery. Figured it would be something you and the kids would enjoy.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Damn, you're kicking ass, Dave! I was lazy for a week or so. Back into things today. Spartan Race in three weeks, soooo...
    Hey Patrick, which race will this one be? I'm jealous, by the way. I'm really wanting to do one, but seeing as I almost never run any distance I would only want to tackle like a 5K.

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    How far are you from Pomeroy, OH? There's a dairy having an open house on either June 1 or June 8. It's called Snowville Creamery. Figured it would be something you and the kids would enjoy.
    According to Google, it's about 3.5 hours away. That might be a little long for the kids, but I have been thinking about finding a farm close by that does tours. I think they would get a kick out of that.

The only downside to VFF's:

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    OK...rant over. Sorry if I have offended anyone. I know many people who I respect and admire still have questions and are trying to make this work, and you are not the ones I was referring to. I don't mean to come off as saying "I have figured it out, why the fuck haven't you!" We are all still learning together.
    Not offended and I totally understand. I make the same mistake far too often. The few times I do comment I later kick myself. Also, there is so much freaking conflicting advice. Just read the book people. Then if after 6 months it isn't working, then look for tweaks that work for you.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Not offended and I totally understand. I make the same mistake far too often. The few times I do comment I later kick myself. Also, there is so much freaking conflicting advice. Just read the book people. Then if after 6 months it isn't working, then look for tweaks that work for you.
    And this is why you are one of the people that has figured it out. A couple of years ago I used to enjoy the forum as a whole, but now I will stick to the journals of the people I enjoy hearing from.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Hey Patrick, which race will this one be? I'm jealous, by the way. I'm really wanting to do one, but seeing as I almost never run any distance I would only want to tackle like a 5K.

According to Google, it's about 3.5 hours away. That might be a little long for the kids, but I have been thinking about finding a farm close by that does tours. I think they would get a kick out of that.

The only downside to VFF's:
    Instead of flowers in your hair, you've got them between your toes.
    Georgette

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Dude! That damn dandelion issue happens to me, too. Mostly between my big and second-biggest toes, though.

I'm just doing the 5k again this year. I'd like to at least also do the Super Spartan, but my friend and I never saw any race trifecta advertising. Normally they fire out an email with a promotion for the Sprint/Super/Beast combo -- discount off them each if you get them as a package, and a trifecta medal. Nope. So we're just doing the Sprint again. The good news is that the Sprint has changed locations every year, so it's like a new race every summer. Works for me, to be honest.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Dude! That damn dandelion issue happens to me, too. Mostly between my big and second-biggest toes, though.

I'm just doing the 5k again this year. I'd like to at least also do the Super Spartan, but my friend and I never saw any race trifecta advertising. Normally they fire out an email with a promotion for the Sprint/Super/Beast combo -- discount off them each if you get them as a package, and a trifecta medal. Nope. So we're just doing the Sprint again. The good news is that the Sprint has changed locations every year, so it's like a new race every summer. Works for me, to be honest.
    That's cool. It's not like the Spartan Race is your sport that you are competing in. Best to keep it a fun time, and then when you are feeling up to it to challenge yourself with the bigger ones. For me anyway, trying to do all three back to back would be something I would feel the need to train for and It might stop being fun. Who knows, someday I might get a wild hair up my ass to try something like that, but just to say I did it once.