Page 146 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1918

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 146

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Glad that you are recovering.

A week ago I had an ear infection coupled with a pulled muscle in my groin, both on the left side. I was totally incapacitated for several days. The interesting thing is that my illness/injury hit after a week of non Primal eating. I think that your theory is spot on.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Today's workout:

KB Clean and press, 3 x 8
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Goblet squats, 3 x 10
    Push-ups, 25-15-10
    Body rows, 3 x 10

Took it easier today since it was the first workout in over 2 weeks, but it still kicked my butt. I'll slowly ramp them back up. Now that it is plenty warm out and the ground isn't all soggy anymore, I'm going to start adding some hill sprints back in.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Ah, hill sprints, my favorite....to read about and never do. More power to you good sir.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Ah, hill sprints, my favorite....to read about and never do. More power to you good sir.
    HAHA...Ah, come on. I'm going to get you working out if I have to fly out there and chase you up a hill. Although, I don't know why you'd run from me. I'm really not all that scary.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    HAHA...Ah, come on. I'm going to get you working out if I have to fly out there and chase you up a hill. Although, I don't know why you'd run from me. I'm really not all that scary.
    Actually, once my schedule changes (On June 2nd) I should have more time to actually exercise so at least one day a week of sprinting is on the menu. And hey, I do yoga twice a week, that is kind of like working out... >.>
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

No workout today. Felling a little bit of DOMS in the legs from the other day's workout. And to think I took it easy. I hate to imagine if I had gone all out. I'll get something in tomorrow.

I wish I could shake this fucking cough. I wonder if I have allergies to something in West Virginia that wasn't down in Florida?

I wish I could shake this fucking cough. I wonder if I have allergies to something in West Virginia that wasn't down in Florida?
    You very well could. Allergies, in my experience, are very regional. Though, I always find something to be allergic too I wish you the best of luck.

Today's workout:

First a 45 min. walk with the puppy dog and then...Hill Sprint Day!

Warm-up with 2 sprints at about 50%, and 1 sprint at about 75%

Sprints X 5 at 100%. About a minute and a half rest between each sprint.

I'm guessing the distance was about 50 meters, but I didn't actually measure anything officially. I paced of fifty long strides that I estimated was about a meter each step. Let me tell you, this kicked my ass. I went out there with the mindset of doing like 8-10 sprints and then doing some push-ups and pull-ups. After 5 my legs felt like they were made out of used bubble gum and I was about ready to puke, so I decided that was plenty for today. We'll just work our way up to more.

Woke up feeling those sprints in my calves this morning. I still get amazed at how awesome a workout that is so short, simple, and requires nothing special to do can be. It makes me want to kick myself in the ass for neglecting them for so long. I am actually feeling some soreness in my arms from pumping them so hard during the sprint. It makes a lot of sense when you look at how jacked sprinters are.

Yesterday I had made stew in the crockpot and it turned out fucking great. The only problem is that I did my usual of just grabbing whatever spices appealed to me at the time and dumped an amount that looked good. Even if I get all the same spices next time I have no clue how much of each I used. This makes replicating it pretty hard to do. My crockpot meals almost never taste the same twice.

Today my wife wants to take the kids to a place called The Hotdog Shoppe in East Liverpool, OH. I will go and watch them eat, and then come home and make a giant steak and grilled veges for me. The people around here seem to think this place is the greatest place ever, and my wife has fond memories from her childhood. She took me there once back when we were dating in college. My memory of it, however, is that it was cheap slop made with cheap ingredients. But I find that my taste in food has always been very different from the people in this area. I'm not saying that mine is better, just different(although mine really is better).

(although mine really is better).
    Well done sir, well done.