Page 145 of 196 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1958

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 145

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Holy crap, have I been sick. It started on Sunday. We were at a kids birthday party and yes I had cake. Not that I really wanted it, but I didn't want to be that guy that says "I don't eat crap like you people". At first I was writing it off as the birthday cake sitting bad with me. I blew up their bathroom once(thank god for lemon scented deodorant spray), and then as we were getting ready to leave I had to quietly excuse myself to the far side of the yard and spew birthday cake. No one would have known if my 4 year old hadn't gone running to me wife yelling "Mommy, I have something to tell you! Daddy's throwing up!" We went home and I expected it to all be over, but oh was I wrong. i spent the rest of the day sunday, that night, and then again on monday sitting on the toilet with a bucket in my lap. Yes, i had it coming out of both ends at the same time. I was forcing myself to drink water, but I could't even keep that down. I went about 3 days without really eating. I started in with chicken and rice soup since it seemed the most primal friendly. We don't all have access to homemade chicken broth made from the bones of pasture raised organic chickens. The nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea have disappeared, but the fever, body ache, chills, and the general feeling of being hit by a train are still here(although starting to fade today). My appetite is starting to come back. In fact, yesterday I was having a serious salt craving and ate a bunch of potato chips(not the healthiest choice, but I reaaaaly wanted salt). This morning I had my first cup of coffee since sunday morning.

So why did I get so sick? I'm not one of those paleo people that says eating paleo makes you invincible, but I don't get sick as often as before. Here is my Dumb Guy's Hypothesis: I had basically had a 3 day junk food binge(that included pasta, bread, cookies, smores, etc). All that crap caused my gut to get all fucked up more permeable. This allowed crap through that normally would have been kept out. My question, though, is why did the fever last so much longer than the rest. I know the fever is my body ramping up the immune response to the sickness, and a fever isn't necessarily a bad thing. But why was the immune response still in overdrive long after the bad guy was dead? That has been the pain in the ass part. If I could have started feeling better when the puking stopped, that would have been pretty cool. Instead I have been in bed for nearly a week. I missed a recital and a soccer game so far. Tomorrow is my little one's pre-school graduation, and i will be there even if someone needs to hold me up.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

canio6 Guest
    Yeah, note to self...attend no birthday parties with the skinkmeister...

I hope you are feeling better soon man.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yeah, note to self...attend no birthday parties with the skinkmeister...

I hope you are feeling better soon man.
    HAHA...as long as there will be birthday steak instead of birthday cake we should be good. Besides, their house is out in the country, and I was far enough away that no one would have known if there hadn't been a little snitch ratting me out.

Oh, and welcome back. Seems like you've been gone for like a year. And i see your journal already has 30 new pages that I will never get caught up on. By the time i get caught up on one topic you have moved on to 4 others and I feel like an idiot trying to add anything.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    I feel like an idiot trying to add anything.
    that is basically how I feel in my journal so jump right in.

I think I may have figured out why the fever has been hanging around so long after the stomach virus appears to have been taken care of. It seems that while my body was busy fighting of the stomach virus, a respiratory infection has snuck it's way in. I may have to take a trip down to the Urgent Care either this afternoon or tomorrow morning and get me some meds. I was up all night coughing and my throat is sore as fuck. Last time a Z pack took care of it pretty quickly.

canio6 Guest
    Well, you just can't win. Eat some bacon. It will make you feel better. *

*disclaimer: canio6 is not a doctor; he merely looks sexy in a lab coat. All prescriptions for bacon are to be taken at user's own risk. canio6 and the pork industry accept no liability for side effects, which may include but not be limited to elevated mood, grease stains, the desire to eat more bacon, or foodgasms.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    *disclaimer: canio6 is not a doctor; he merely looks sexy in a lab coat. All prescriptions for bacon are to be taken at user's own risk. canio6 and the pork industry accept no liability for side effects, which may include but not be limited to elevated mood, grease stains, the desire to eat more bacon, or foodgasms.
    I would take that drug. I would take ALL of that drug.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I would take that drug. I would take ALL of that drug.
    smart man. smart man indeed.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Skink, Are you Okay? You can't just post that you are really sick and then disappear for 10 days. We worry, you know.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Skink, Are you Okay? You can't just post that you are really sick and then disappear for 10 days. We worry, you know.
    Sorry. Yes, I'm better. Nagging cough hanging around, but better overall.

Yesterday we had an un-birthday party for both the girls. They both have their birthdays in the summer and it would have been hard to invite all of their classmates, so we had it early to ensure a decent turnout. We rented a pavilion at the park and got a bounce house. Still, only like 7 or 8 kids showed up. From what the other parents said people in this area just don't do birthday parties for some reason. when we lived in Florida it was the exact opposite. We worried that too many kids would show up and we wouldn't have enough stuff. No matter, they had fun anyway. One note to remember for the future: when one kid is swinging a stick at a pinata, make sure the other kids(and you) are far enough back.

Food(except for the party) has been primal since being sick. No workouts yet. Figured I'd give myself time to heal, and no need to put extra stress on. Besides, I don't want to start coughing and end up dropping a kettlebell on my head.