Page 143 of 196 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1958

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 143

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Today's workout:

Farmer's carry(carrying the kettlebells outside to the fire pit)
    Double KB clean and press, 5 x 10
    Dumbbell rows, 4 x 12
    Goblet squats, 5 x 12
    Push-ups, 1 x 40 - 1 x 20 - 1 x 15 - 1 x 10
    Double KB walking lunges, 4 x 10
    KB swings, 1 x 60
    Farmer's carry(carrying kettlebells back to the garage)

Good workout today. Today was like the old days with the kids playing and watching me workout. The oldest shared an idea for an exercise with me. She said I should do push-ups while balancing a kettlebell on my back. I told her that is a pretty good idea, but that it would probably kill daddy at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    ... jebus, dude.)

HAHA...first I R Baboon and now Homer. Now I want to go watch the Simpsons.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Your daughter sounds awesome!

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Killin' daddy? You better believe that's a paddlin'.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Today's workout:

Warm-up - about 15 minutes of my kids beating me up.

Farmer's carry(carrying out the kettlebells)
    Double KB clean and press, 6 x 10
    Dumbbell rows, 5 x 12
    Goblets squats, 5 x 12
    Push-ups, 1 x 45 - 1 x 20 - 1 x 15
    Double KB walking lunges, 2 x 20
    KB swings, 1 x 60

In the 80's today, but with a strong wind blowing. The wind kept the sweat from pouring down. While I was doing the cleans and presses, my daughters where doing over head presses with logs for the fire pit. Then they found a worm crawling around and decided to use the logs to build a house around it to protect it from the birds. Then it got interesting. My oldest saw a blue bug on a big stone that she thought was a "pretty bug". Then her sister came over and smashed it with a log. Her sister yelled at her saying it was pretty and asked why she did it. She answered "But, I like seeing the yellow stuff squish out of them." That may have been the best answer I've heard. I did explain that we shouldn't squish bugs that aren't trying to hurt us.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    While I was doing the cleans and presses, my daughters where doing over head presses with logs for the fire pit.
    Cutest. Mental. Image. Evar.

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Ugh....woke up with a bad hangover this morning. How much did I drink last night? NONE. This is a pure food hangover. Everyone has been complaining that we never have treats anymore, and the only places we ever go out to eat are places I can get a steak. Yesterday I broke down and we had pizza for dinner and cookies for desert. I woke up feeling like I drank a 12 pack of shitty beer. Today I plan on fasting until dinner time and maybe keeping the carbs down low today. We'll just call last night a crab refeed that had less than optimal carb sources.

I have decided that when the tax refund gets here I am going to upgrade my workout equipment. Heavier kettlebells and some gymnastic rings(going to hang them from a tree branch. guess that will work) on the list so far.

Cool! Let us know how those rings work!

I definitely need to be more proactive about staying Primal. Weekends are the worst for me. Weekdays are normally okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I definitely need to be more proactive about staying Primal. Weekends are the worst for me. Weekdays are normally okay.
    If it helps, just picture that every time you fall off the primal wagon on the weekends I will be sending you one of these.

Today's workout:

Tabata day!
    Snatches x 2
    Swings x2
    Short break in between each. Just enough to catch my breath and let the heart rate slow down.

Push-ups, 1 x 40 - 1 x 20

Felt really good today. It was a little cold out(upper 30's, maybe 40), but I got a pretty good sweat going(I was steaming).

Update: New 55 lb kettlebell and gymnastic rings purchased yesterday. Looking in the regular sporting good stores, a 55 lb would cost like $100. I got this one on ebay for $62 including shipping, so that is like less than $1.13 a pound(which is the best I've seen anywhere). Today, while taking the dog for her walk, I spent the time scoping out trees with good limbs for hanging the rings. Eventually i will make it to Lowes(or maybe Walmart has them) to get sand for the sandbags, and then I should be good for a killer spring and summer of fitness fun(can't to start sweating my ass off).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today's workout:

Chin-ups x a lot(as many as I could in each set until I couldn't do 1)
    Bulgarian bag squats, 6 x 20
    Push-ups, 40-20-12-9

Raining today, so I had to do a modified indoor workout. It was still pretty good, though. I managed to keep the intensity up. I was going to do my workout yesterday, but just did yard work instead. I had thught that I would cut the grass real quick and then do my workout. After mowing and then weed wacking I just said "fuck it...I want dinner."

Oh...and what the fuck is up with the cold and rainy weather? Get your shit together Spring!